• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Looking for Buddies to do Vitex/Geritol/etc to conceive....Anyone want to be my buddy

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
So, we have been trying since Jan. of this year with no success. I do BBT's, Wondfo LH strips, CB fertility monitors- both old and new model, CM/CP, Instead softcups, preseed, etc. I had only been taking EPO for the first half of my cycle, prenatals, and omegas. After getting a BFN cycle again this last cycle I have decided to change things up a bit. I did some research and decided that the following herbal supp's and vitamins would do me some good and have read a lot of success stories following starting these.

Here is what I'm adding in:

Geritol Complete- It's said there's a baby at the bottom of every bottle, lol, so I'm ditching the prenatals for these and will add Folate separately bc it does not have it in there. 1 tablet/day

Folate- bc ^the above does not contain it and you need it for proper pre-conception health. 800-1000mcg/day

Vitimin B Complex- being deficient in B6 can cause irregular menstrual cycles, a progesterone imbalance, as well as poor egg and sperm development. B6 can also help lengthen the luteal phase of your cycle and regulate blood sugar levels. I choose to do a complex bc they all help with energy, which is something I am severely lacking in. So you can go with just B6 or the complex its a personal choice and you should choose what you think is best for you. One capsule/day

Femiprin/Vitex- I bought Femiprin bc it has two different sources of vitex in it plus B6 to help it work. Vitex is a great herb to regulate your hormones and help you get pregnant. One capsule/day preferably in the morning with a meal

Black Cohosh- I decided to add this in bc I read a medical journal study done on it, and when used in the follicular phase it helped tremendously in conception according to their studies. Again- ONLY take for the first half your cycle, it helps with egg health and maturity by helping estrogen production and oddly enough also helps greatly in the luteal phase with progesterone production, even though you have stopped taking it. 120mg/day. It comes in 40mg tablets and 540mg tablets, so I would get the 40mg ones and take 3 of them in the morning.

CoQ10- I chose to get the Ubiquinol form of this bc it is more easily absorbed, this one helps all around with egg health, maturity, etc. Hubs will also greatly benefit from this one. 200mgs per day to begin with.

As for my SO- I got a huge bottle of 1000mg Vit. C with rosehips and bioflavonoids to help with absorption. High doses- 5,000mg/day broken up- in medical journal studies has shown to help with overall sperm health and quality. It has been shown to help with count, morphology, motility, and the ability to fertilize an egg. It's not going to hurt, at most he will have a great immune system, and at best it's going to help his swimmers do their job. So we are doing it. He will also be taking 200mg's of Ubiquinol per day as well.

If you would like to look at some of the studies they have been grouped together on this website:
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/how-to-boost-fertility

I'm looking for some buddies to try some cycle's adding one or all of the above supplements and vitamins. What you choose is up to you, but of all of them I would say that the Geritol/folate, Vitex, and B6 are the MOST important, with the black cohosh coming in really close, I actually have a hard time taking it off the list. Anyways, I'm hoping to find some other ladies that want to try this stuff with me and hopefully get our BFP's in the next 1-3 cycles!!!! I am currently CD2 and expecting my stuff to arrive in the morning.

Oh I am also taking DIM- which is basically green superfoods in a capsule, in an attempt to try to get healthier, lol. And will continue with the EPO for the follicular phase of my cycles to help with CM. And for the Geritol I've seen mixed opinions on whether to take the liquid or the multi. I decided to order both, and will be switching back and forth daily from multi/folate, then liquid/prenatal. To get the benefits frm bth. The liquid is on Amazon right now for 2 fr 4 dollars!!! And the Multi for one 6 or 2 for 10.

Nobody wants to join in on the fun/experiment? Anyone I'm getting lonely, most of my supp's came this morning so I've began the journey into experiment world this morning, lol.

I will join ya. I'm on a slightly different path but similar.

I'm going to be taking lydia pinkham (contains black cohosh), spearmint, myo inositol, vitamin b100, vitamin D, and BeeHealthy which is a bee pollen blend. I also take a prenatal.

I'm also working on eating a lower carb diet. I have pcos and find this really helps me.

I am hoping to try this more natural approach since my last three cycles have been medicated. I'm feeling so run down and emotional so decided to give myself a break.

I will join ya. I'm on a slightly different path but similar.

I'm going to be taking lydia pinkham (contains black cohosh), spearmint, myo inositol, vitamin b100, vitamin D, and BeeHealthy which is a bee pollen blend. I also take a prenatal.

I'm also working on eating a lower carb diet. I have pcos and find this really helps me.

I am hoping to try this more natural approach since my last three cycles have been medicated. I'm feeling so run down and emotional so decided to give myself a break.

Sounds good to me! Do you take that the entire cycle? Only reason I ask is bc in the study I looked at they stopped the black cohosh fr the TWW bc it messes with estrogen production and can cause a MC/Chemical if there is too much estrogen in the TWW bc it messes with progesterone production, but in their findings surprisingly enough, when stopped right at O it actually helped increase progesterone production which in turn resulted in more conceptions being successful.

Oh and what CD are you on now? I'm currently CD4 and normally dn't O until CD 16-35 crazy I knw. I'm hoping the vitex/geritol will do their jobs and I will actually O in "normal" day range this cycle....

Yes, I stopped the day I got my positive opk or temp shift.

I'm cd 30 waiting on af Wed or Thurs. I missed out this cycle since I was out of town so no chance of a bfp.

I'm thinking of trying some of this, but still trying to decide what I'm doing.

I've been wanting to do Vitex (and probably maca), but I feel like I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be doing as far as dosage and for how long. I've read conflicting information -- some information says you shouldn't take it all during pregnancy and some says it's fine during pregnancy.

That's interesting about the Geritol Complete. Have you been able to find out why that one specifically seems to help more with fertility? I was reading some reviews on amazon and there were a lot of mentions of using it when ttc. Definitely considering it! Also with the folate.

I already have some B vitamins but haven't really touched them, but should definitely start.

CoQ10 sounds interesting. I think I'd be up for that.

I'd definitely like to try some of these and see and see how it goes. I'm irregular currently (which isn't a normal thing for me), so I have a lot of doubts about being able to make anything happen in the very short window we have. Possibly only this cycle. Maybe one more depending on how long this one is. If this cycle is as long as the last, it'll be my only chance.

I'm on CD 3 today. I have an ovulation microscope and OPKs arriving on Monday. I want to research these supplements tonight and tomorrow and see which I will actually go with (especially in comparing costs).

I'm thinking of trying some of this, but still trying to decide what I'm doing.

I've been wanting to do Vitex (and probably maca), but I feel like I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be doing as far as dosage and for how long. I've read conflicting information -- some information says you shouldn't take it all during pregnancy and some says it's fine during pregnancy.

That's interesting about the Geritol Complete. Have you been able to find out why that one specifically seems to help more with fertility? I was reading some reviews on amazon and there were a lot of mentions of using it when ttc. Definitely considering it! Also with the folate.

I already have some B vitamins but haven't really touched them, but should definitely start.

CoQ10 sounds interesting. I think I'd be up for that.

I'd definitely like to try some of these and see and see how it goes. I'm irregular currently (which isn't a normal thing for me), so I have a lot of doubts about being able to make anything happen in the very short window we have. Possibly only this cycle. Maybe one more depending on how long this one is. If this cycle is as long as the last, it'll be my only chance.

I'm on CD 3 today. I have an ovulation microscope and OPKs arriving on Monday. I want to research these supplements tonight and tomorrow and see which I will actually go with (especially in comparing costs).

Well, the cost is definitely something to consider and if I hadn't had a sudden very small increase in my spending amt. I wouldn't of been able to get as much as I did. Now, the Femaprin is about 11 dollars right now on amazon and it already has a huge dose of B6 in it, so you could skip a b complex bc some of the others have B's in them as well, I went ahead with a separate one bc I need them for the energy they help with, but the geritol will have a lot of B's in too. You can go with folic acid to help with costs, but I've been told numerous times that Folate is more easily absorbed, so I went ahead and got a cheaper version of it, the one I got is called "Source Naturals MegaFolinic, Bioactive Form of Folic Acid, 60 Tablets" it was 6 dollars and isn't exactly Folate, but supposed to better then Folic Acid itself. I compromised. The Geritol has several different options and bc I have seen both people say they did the liquid and the multi's I got both, but they were 1/2 the rice they were in the stores on Amazon

This one gives you 2 bottles of the multi's which is more expensive but actually a better deal then what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/Geritol-Comp...e=UTF8&qid=1474827626&sr=8-2&keywords=geritol

This is what I bought of the Multi's, it's one 40ct bottle:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0065IH4QY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

This is the best deal I found on the Liquid, you get 2 of them for 4 dollars plus shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IAI3ZI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I chose to go with a CoQ10 that has added stuff to help absorption, it had great reviews as well it is here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035C5XVQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

The Femaprin is here, but you can go with just a Vitex/chasteberry and buy B6/complex separately:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009ETA6M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This Vitex is supposed to be really good, they say the one's that are actually extract/liquid capsules are more easily absorbed and pure:

https://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Herbs-V...TF8&qid=1474828276&sr=1-2&keywords=Vitex&th=1

And make sure that the Black Cohosh is a 40mg one and NOT a 540mg one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GAOGEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since I saw both people having success with the Geritol liquid and the multi's and when I compared their ingredients and saw they were two completely different things, I decided to do both, switching daily from one to the other. The multi's are just a high dose of orally bioavailable vitamins/minerals bc they are formulated for old people and as you get older it get's harder for your body to break them down into usable forms, the liquid on the other hand is ONLY a B complex very high dose and a high dose of Iron. So it's either the high doses of B's or Iron which are in both of them, or the fact that they are a little better absorbed than your everyday vitamins that is helping women get pregnant, but I've seen it everywhere that women did get their BFP's after starting them and most of them before they even finished the bottle, I'm game to give it a shot. After all they are only vitamins :dohh:

Yes, I stopped the day I got my positive opk or temp shift.

I'm cd 30 waiting on af Wed or Thurs. I missed out this cycle since I was out of town so no chance of a bfp.

Oh, no! I would totally be bummed out over that one. My SO can get me all twisted up when I know it's my fertile week and he isn't cooperating like I need him to. It's infuriating to me really, bc I feel like I do all this work to make sure that everything is strategically planned each month and when it comes time to go time, he's just not in the mood? WHAT! :haha: I only need you to do this one thing and I'm taking care of and stressing about all the rest and you just aren't in the mood!!! :growlmad: :blush: It makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes, lol. I know I have a love/hate relationship with my last TWW but I would be super bummed out if I knew I definitely only waiting for AF and no chance of AF BIG :hugs: Hopefully not having the stress of a cycle monitored and your little vacation as well as doing the supp's will do the trick and you will end up with a BFP in the end, which will have all been worth it!

Well, everything arrived today except my geritol Liquid, so I have officially started the "geritol baby challenge" lol. This bottles pretty small, I hope they were still able to fit a baby in the bottom of mine! :rofl:

Attachments

• A Babys in this bottle too 004 (480x640).jpg
    A Babys in this bottle too 004 (480x640).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 3
:haha:

I hope so too Amber!

Afm, waiting on af to arrive. Should be tomorrow or Thursday. I missed some temps so don't know exactly when my shift was.

:haha:

I hope so too Amber!

Afm, waiting on af to arrive. Should be tomorrow or Thursday. I missed some temps so don't know exactly when my shift was.

Yeah, I missed my temp this morning too, just glad that it wasn't an "important" one, like one close to O, ya know, but I still hate missing them. I have learned that I actually (and this is going to sound nutzo lol :wacko:) have to sleep with my thermometer on me, like inside the hip of my panties or in my bra if I wear one, so I won't forget!!! Just having in arms reach isn't enough for me, lol, I have to feel it on me as soon as I wake up to remember to take it before getting up. Am I the only one that has to do this? :rofl:

BTW Ladies of the geritol/supplement challenge, I have decided to document my journey through vlog and have started a YouTube Channel for this and basic fertility information. One, bc I want it all documented, but 2 bc I'mm secretly hoping that it might help generate at least a small bit of income to take some of the strain off my SO, so if you ladies wouldn't mind taking a looksie, and hopefully subscribing and liking some of the video's it would help me out tremendously!!! Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-uY034WXDTyA1xLF5gr7oQ

That's cool Amber. I will take a look soon.

Luckily I remember to take it so I just keep my thermometer next to me on the bed. I only missed those temps because I was out of town and my nephew kept taking my thermometer so I packed it away. I was so sure I wasn't going to ovulate, then bam I came home and my temps were crazy high. These are the highest temps I've ever had.

im glad you have a plan this cycle! I still havent decided my plan with femara next cycle. Stay the same or go up..

Its been a lazy cycle this time around. :shrug:

im glad you have a plan this cycle! I still havent decided my plan with femara next cycle. Stay the same or go up..

Its been a lazy cycle this time around. :shrug:

Oh, Yay!!!! You Found me! I've missed you so much! :hugs: Yep, I decided to take the bull by the horns this cycle and that I was really going to do it all and so far so good. No side effects. "Yes!" lol And so far I've been able to get the SO to take his supp's as well, so that is a MAJOR feat in itself. Have you ever had to wrap a toddler in a towel to restrain them enough so you could squirt medicine in their mouth? It's not that dramatic with my SO, but it's definitely comparable :rofl: So, how have you been? Why don't you do the geritol with me? It can't hurt, and the black cohosh was another one that I saw a lot great success with. Actually, you read through that whole link I put up of the studies, bc a lot of the those were medicated/medically assisted cycle studies, so you may find something right up your alley!

OnErth Two things, and these are totally just suggestions and I don't want to offend you, but your avatar, while I can COMPLETELY sympathize with you and how you feel, I don't think that constantly seeing that is doing you any good. I think that you should find yourself some kind of positive affirmation about conceiving/being pregnant for you to see and focus on, and to look to the future instead of the past, that's just me, though, so please don't take that the wrong way.

And just so you know about the ^ I have them all over my office area and I have a FRER that was negative, that I took apart and drew in the "positive" line, that sits on my desk, so I can see it call the time, it even say's congrat's on the healthy BFP! So, I'm not dishing out advice that I don't or wouldn't do myself ;)

As for your "lazy" cycle, sometimes those are exactly the one's that end in BFP's so I wouldn't discount yourself just be you've been a little lax on things. My cards don't lie, and you will be getting that baby sooner rather later, and luckily I have enough faith for the both of us :hugs:

I got all but one of my supplements now so just waiting on af. My temp was still high this morning so not expecting her today. So maybe tomorrow.

OnErth- I hope you get your bfp soon! :hugs:

Cd 1 here now. I started my supplements yesterday so looking forward to this cycle and getting a chance.

Ugh, I had this all typed out and something happened and it got erased before I could submit. Bummer.

As I was saying before it got deleted... I'll be kind of in and out as sometimes everything I have going on with school makes it very difficult (even if I find a few minutes to read, I don't always have time to post).

This week was certainly one of those which made it difficult to even research supplements. I didn't temp Wednesday as I was up all night working on stuff for school, so the temp would've been very inaccurate.

I did get Geritol tablets, folic acid 800 mcg, and ultra CoQ10 at the store this evening. They also had black cohosh (sp?), but I want to read up on it a little more over the next couple of days before I get it. I'm also hoping that I'll find Vitex somewhere local so I can start it earlier than if having to order on Amazon at this point. Otherwise I won't have a choice but to.

I did order Premama Fertility Reproductive Powdered Drink Supplements, but they won't be in until the 5th. It seems to have good reviews, so I figured I'd try it out.

It sounds like my husband is pretty certain we're trying this cycle only. I have absolutely no hope that it'll happen :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"