Looking for Help and Advice please

Ethanandella

Reaction score
I am 34.
My last Menstrual cycle started Dec 24th 2014
I have had 3 positive pregnancy tests.
a few days back I started cramps, back pain, nausea, diarrhea, and stabbing pulling feeling inside my vagina.
No bleeding
I went to hospital, liver kidney bladder issues ruled out

The dr Said HCG levels just 10,000. which is on the low side for a 6 week pregnancy ( he said) ?????
is that low?
so they did an ultrasound.
First EXTERNAL and THEN INTERNAL as well
no fetal Pole and No heartbeat found at all, just a sac.

I have bloodwork again tomorrow.
is it normal to find NOTHING but a sac at 6 weeks?
Especially with an internal scan?
please give me mommy advice?
I have a gut feeling this is not going to turn into a baby.... ?

It could be that you implanted really late so baby is slow...hopefully the next scan will show something. The only other thing i can possibly think of is a blighted ovum?. Right now its just a waiting game. Some people also tend to implant later than the norm.

How long are your cycles usually?

As you'll only be 6 weeks if you have a standard 28 day cycle. If you have long cycles and ovulated late then you could only be around 5 weeks which would be too early for anything to show on an internal scan.

I hope you have good news when you have your next appointment. GL! Xx

I don't find your hcg low for 6 weeks.
I had 4700 when I was 5w4d

going for more blood work to check levels and maybe hopefully a scan today

I just copy/posted my response from the limbo thread:

There is some hope! I had brown spotting with clots starts 5+4. My hcg was over 18,000 at 6+0. I had a scan at 6+1 that only showed a sac, nothing else, that was measuring 5+5. I went back at 7+4 and baby caught up with everything looking right on target.

Do you know if you have a tilted uterus? From everything I read, that can result in early scans only showing a sac because it's too hard to see everything until a little later. There's a blog and website called Misdiagnosed Miscarriage where many people provided their information showing they had high hcg levels (some 50,000+) where the scan only showed a sac, and then a few to several days later they found a baby with a heartbeat.

Adding:
If they do another scan today and it still shows the same, I would request another one in a week or 2 before you make any decisions if they if they give you options stating it's a blighted ovum. I've researched blighted ovums thoroughly as I truly believed I had one because of my first scan (they didn't say it, I came to the conclusion based on the hcg levels and my first scan). They say that a blighted ovum should not be officially diagnosed until you reach 9 weeks minimum.

Good luck today and keep us posted on how it goes :hugs:

I just copy/posted my response from the limbo thread:

There is some hope! I had brown spotting with clots starts 5+4. My hcg was over 18,000 at 6+0. I had a scan at 6+1 that only showed a sac, nothing else, that was measuring 5+5. I went back at 7+4 and baby caught up with everything looking right on target.

Do you know if you have a tilted uterus? From everything I read, that can result in early scans only showing a sac because it's too hard to see everything until a little later. There's a blog and website called Misdiagnosed Miscarriage where many people provided their information showing they had high hcg levels (some 50,000+) where the scan only showed a sac, and then a few to several days later they found a baby with a heartbeat.

Adding:
If they do another scan today and it still shows the same, I would request another one in a week or 2 before you make any decisions if they if they give you options stating it's a blighted ovum. I've researched blighted ovums thoroughly as I truly believed I had one because of my first scan (they didn't say it, I came to the conclusion based on the hcg levels and my first scan). They say that a blighted ovum should not be officially diagnosed until you reach 9 weeks minimum.

Good luck today and keep us posted on how it goes :hugs:

I don't have a tilted uterus , no. this would be my 3rd baby. I hope I have answers today. thanks so much for all that information and encouragement. HUGS BLess you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->