Looking for natural success stories after a year or more of trying.

Belle Shine

Reaction score
We've been ttc for 14/15 months and not even a hint of BFP. I know I ovulate and when, cycles are regular and we have never missed a 'fertile window' yet it just isn't happening.

Hubby is putting off tests saying to wait another year, which upsets me as I just want to know if there is something wrong so I can stop getting my hopes up each and every month and start being more proactive about overcoming problems.

Anyway, the doctor did say it is normal not to conceive within the year but I'm not really buying it.. Not when I know we have good timing and regular bding and everyone around us seems to have conceived in much less time or been diagnosed with an underlying issue.

Can anyone give success stories that show it is normal to have to ttc for so long without a BFP?

Just starting to feel so down about it all and looking for some hope I guess
Xx

Didn't want to read and run...
It took us 9 months to get our first BFP...but that sadly ended in a MC.

It took my coworker 14 years to conceive...both her and her husband refused to have any testing done....she had very irregular cycles though.

It took 28 months to conceive my first but only 6 months to conceive this pregnancy. Some bodies just need longer than others- we ended up having all the tests and all came back fine which at the time was even more frustrating!!

Our first it seemed like we talked about having a baby & got pregnant, second it took 8.5 yrs and 2 different dr to help. Sadly that pregnacy ended in mc. I am now on day 3 of clomid since the mc in aug. Good luck to u and hope u get a bfp VERY soon.

I have two stories for you: one friend who tried for three years naturally, eventually did get pregnant. The baby is fine, but was rather small. They chose not to do fertility testing, I do not know why. They are both healthy, so no clue.
2nd friend who took 2 years to conceive her first child, she was scheduled for fertility appt but missed it and never rescheduled. For her 2nd child, she took clomid, and got pregnant rather quickly with that. So likely she doesn't ovulate regularly. So it can happen after a year or more for sure, but you can probably speed it along if you want to.

There are lots of things you can do to help conceive, and it really depends on what exactly is going on. It can just sometimes take couples longer than others.

How often do you BD? I'd honestly encourage your husband to get tested since that's the easiest and cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->