Looking for some rationality

Roobe18

Reaction score
Ok, I'm hoping someone can help me logically think through this cause I'm going bonkers and don't know what to do.

I'm at the end of 14 dpo. I had IUI done on 3/03. It was timed perfectly. I confirmed ovulation through OPK's, had an ultrasound the morning of IUI showing the egg leaking and of course BBT temping further confirmed ovulation. My doc prescribed oral progesterone to start on 3/4 and I took the last one last night. During the insemination the andrology lab was concerned about the quality of hubby's sperm and insisted that we talk with the Dr as soon as possible. 3 days later we met with the RE and he said hubby's semen had a lot of WBC's, and lower morphology and motility than we expected. Basically he said he didn't think this IUI would work and wasn't too hopeful for us trying any further ones.

So, here we are to today. Historically I've ALWAYS started my period exactly two weeks after O'ing. Like, down to the minute. So about 4pm today I start getting excited that there's no AF, but then it occurred to me that the progesterone could be causing the delay, but out of frustration I took an HPT with urine that wasn't very concentrated cause I'd just pee'd an hour ago. Well, it was negative, chucked it and went to dinner thinking that I'm out. Come home and I check the stick and there's a very faint line. I can't decide if it has color in the middle but the edges are definitely pink.

So I'm just fretting over whether or not I should do another test in the morning with FMU. Part of me feels like it's silly and I shouldn't get my hopes up since the chances are so nill. But then I think that miracles do happen to some people and while the faint line was about an hour late, it did have color. Part of me thinks I should just wait and test in a few more days if no AF, but then I worry that I should be on the progesterone if I am indeed preg. I hate wasting another FRER, cause heaven knows they're not cheap. Ugh, why can't I think through this clearly? I feel like such a basket case!

Oh, forgot to add, yesterday had a huge drop in BBT (below coverline) but this morning it shot back up .7. Also, had a WICKED migraine yesterday which is NOT normal for me. It was one of the worst I've had in a long time. Lots of visual auras and what not

Try again with fmu or try to hold it a few hrs without drinking anything and test again.

do you have a picture of your test? Id test tomorrow cause if you dont, you will be wondering. :)

Sorry I'm slow getting back with you guys. I was kind of too emotional to come back on this site for a few days.

So I learned a few lessons after last cycle.

1) DONT READ OLD TESTS! I ended up seeing AF the next day after this post.

2) Progesterone can indeed delay the onset of AF

Thanks for your words of wisdom. I believe I'm ovulating today, so now on to the next TWW. ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->