Looking for some reassurance

lol2811

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi All

Hopefully you can give me a little piece of mind.

According to LMP I should be 6w0d - 6w2d (cycles range from 28-30 days).

I had been having some niggles and twinges in my right side so saw my doctor and was referred to the the early pregnancy unit, who I saw this morning.

They scanned me and the scan was inconclusive. They could see something that was 9mm and could be a gestational sac, but as they weren't 100% they wouldn't confirm that is what it was. Although they said there wasn't a bright ring but there appeared to be an echo inside it.

I was told because of this they couldn't rule out an ectopic pregnancy but it may just be that it is too early.

As I am sure we all do, I have been googling and would seem that if my dates are correct then they should be able to see more than this, but I found a site that said a 9mm gestational sac is consistent with being 5w2d.

I realise I may have ovulated later, or implantation could've been later, but how much would this actually throw out my LMP dates?

I am just really struggling to stay positive as I don't want to get my hopes up for them to be dashed.

I have also had blood drawn today and will have more taken on Thursday in 48 hours.

Any comments, advice or experiences would be much appreciated.

Thank you

So sorry you're going through this! <3

I had an early scan at 5w6d (almost the same time as you!) and they also saw nothing but a sac.

I went back a week later and there was a little baby there! I think it just might be too early. I went in for my scan early because of bad side pain as well! They eventually said it was just my tendons stretching.

I'm 8 weeks with my 3rd baby and I still get those pains! I just know what they are now.

Praying it's the same for you, sure sounds like it!

Well feeling awful now, had a digi left so thought I would take it.

First got pregnant 2-3 on 31st August, still only showing 2-3 now so obviously my levels aren't increasing like they should.

Hope all turns out well for you. I hate those digi tests....they really make a lot if woman worry!

Was you scan transvaginal or abdominal? I had an abdominal one at 6+2 and they saw something, but it was too small to measure and there was no detectae heartbeat. I'm now 13 weeks with a healthy bean :)

Hope your bloods show good numbers!

I had a scan when I should of been 6 weeks and all that could be seen was a empty sac at 5w2d had to wait two weeks for another scan. Seen baby straight away with a good heartbeat at 7w4d x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->