Looking for some words of wisdom

Bunchy09

Mummy to Angus
Reaction score
Hello all,
I posted on this forum when i was pregnant with my ds but I'm new to the ttc area and I'm looking for some advice and / or words of wisdom.

My husband and I have beautiful 3.5 year old son, who we conceived the first month of ttc. We conceived our angel baby also within the first month of ttc, but unfortunately I had a mmc in December 2012.

We have been ttc ever since January 2013 and no joy. Also, since the mmc I've developed a few problems that I've never had before. Prior to having my ds my cycles were 27 days, regular as clockwork, never painful and normal flow. I bf my son and my cycles started again when he was 9months, again 27 days dead on and pretty painless. However, since the mc I have had irregular cycles (ranging from 16 to 39 days), really heavy flow and pelvic pain almost daily.

I went to my GP in July 2013 as the pain was really bothering me. She referred me to a gynae consultant. I've had various tests done through them - swabs, US, hormonal blood tests etc and then yesterday I had a laparoscopy. They found and removed an ovarian cyst and some fibroids, took a biopsy of my uterus lining and did the dye test on my Fallopian tubes. The dye test showed that my tubes are blocked.

I couldn't really talk the doctor much yesterday as he was quite rushed and kept saying that we'll discuss it at my follow up appointment in 8 weeks, which seems a long way away. I'm now feeling quite deflated. I know I'm emotional after the anaesthetic etc but I just feel hopeless. Is there anything that can be done for blocked tubes? How did it happen? Is that it for our ttc journey? I have so many questions buzzing around my head.

I guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me honestly where we go from here. I'm so confused. I've had 18 months of daily pain, some days worse than others, and such heavy blood loss during my periods that I feel so unwell. It's not like me at all and I'm exhausted from it.

I'm sorry for the long post, please feel free to ignore it if you want to. Thank you if you have read this far.

X

So sorry for your loss and frustration :flower:

I do know that tubes can be unblocked, but I haven't experienced this myself. Did you have a D&C? My doctor told me there is risk of developing scar tissue after a D&C which might block the tubes. Maybe that is what happened?

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I had a d&c after MMC. Maybe that explains it then. Thank you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"