Looking for your opinions based on your experience… is this a BFP or nothing yet?

jl1978

Reaction score
A little background: on 10/8 I had a trigger shot (with 1 perfect sized follicle and 1 OK sized follicle and 2 that were too small-- this was an unmediated cycle.) Ovulation should have occurred on 10/10. Cramping on 10/14.

On 10/22 (14 days past trigger/12 dpo) I took my first at home pregnancy test and a faint pink line appeared when I looked at the test 4 minutes after testing. (I walked away and timed it, came back to this and snapped a picture so I could compare them each day). I will post a picture if I can figure out how to do that.

What do you think?

Is this a BFP or leftover trigger shot 2 weeks after the shot? The nurse told me after 14 days any trace of the trigger shot should be gone. Is that true?

I also read that any line that has color within 10 minute time frame is due to the presence of HCG. Is this true?? No matter how faint?
I know I should just wait until 14dpo to test, but I can’t help myself!!! What are you experiences with trigger shot and testing 14 days later???
Thanks!

Attachments

• poas2.jpg
    poas2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 25
How many IU was your trigger?. it should be out of your system by now I would test again and if it stays positive and gets darker then its a true BFP.

I am not 100% sure this is accurate, but if memory serves I believe the nurse pulled 1ml from the liquid to mix with the powder. She mixed that and then gave me the shot. She told me most likely it would be out of my system within a week, but definitely within 2 weeks. Hence the prego test 14 days later. I don't want to get too excited if other women have had the experience that the trigger shot actually stayed present in the blood after 14 days. Waiting is the worst! Thanks for the reply :)

Do you know if it was a 10,000 UI shot or 5000UI shot?
reason I ask is the 5000IU leave your system much faster , but either way your tests should be negative by now , I would have a blood test done to confirm it.

It was a 10,000 and I agree. Thought it best to make appointment for blood test. Have one in the morning ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->