Looking through old posts makes me smile :)

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
I like reading back through my old post and remembering how crazy I was during TTC and how clueless during the trimesters and such and I came across this one from TTC.

Anyone else getting weird stupid dreams like this?
For the last 2 months iv been getting the same sort of dream every couple of nights, all that happens in this dream is im staring at a pregnancy test and its coming up positive.
Im always in a different place i mean last night i was sitting on a merry go round for god sake but always the same outcome.
and it always seems to be the same sort of time i have this dream around about 5-6 am then i wake up.
Its just plain bizzare, id like to think its some kind of premanition but its getting more likely that iv just plain lost the plot my mind is playing tricks on me "haha look what youll never see" and somtimes I wake up in tears because for a split second you think its real then remember its not.
And dont even get me started on the pregnancy dream but iv been having that one for years

I had to laugh when I looked at the date because a week later I finaly got my bfp :)

Its so funny looking through old posts! I'm going to have a nose through mine now!
Will post anything good :)
hee hee

This is a funny one of mine.......

A case of the green eyed monster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, I'm owning up to a case of the green eyed monster.
Hubby is a sub con, and is working in an office block and has been there 2 weeks. He has gotten himself a bit friendly with the receptionist and its starting to really p*** me off.
He is very open about all the chats they are having, so at least he isnt hiding it, and he musnt think anything of it.

But I keep getting 'Alison says this, Alison did this last night' etc etc etc and then this topped it for me last night.

He made us some delish choc cakes on Wed night, and must have mentioned to her y'day that he'd done a spot of baking. He came home last night and said 'Alison says she cant believe I've been baking and not taken her any cake in, do you mind if I take some tomorrow for her'

WTF!!
Make your own sodding cake missus!!

Please someone tell me to get a grip and stop being so pathetic!

I think everyone should post some old ones and why they seem so funny or silly now :)

This is a funny one of mine.......

A case of the green eyed monster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, I'm owning up to a case of the green eyed monster.
Hubby is a sub con, and is working in an office block and has been there 2 weeks. He has gotten himself a bit friendly with the receptionist and its starting to really p*** me off.
He is very open about all the chats they are having, so at least he isnt hiding it, and he musnt think anything of it.

But I keep getting 'Alison says this, Alison did this last night' etc etc etc and then this topped it for me last night.

He made us some delish choc cakes on Wed night, and must have mentioned to her y'day that he'd done a spot of baking. He came home last night and said 'Alison says she cant believe I've been baking and not taken her any cake in, do you mind if I take some tomorrow for her'

WTF!!
Make your own sodding cake missus!!

Please someone tell me to get a grip and stop being so pathetic!

I actualy remember reading that

I like to read back through my posts from when I was pg or just had Rocco and I get all nostalgic and weepy eyed lol Every once in a while I find this one to read because I've forgotten a lot of details from my labor :)

Rocco Anson was born today at 2:14pm. After having an induction planned for wed morning and going into labor early that morning they sent me home from the hospital because my contractions were too far apart. I was either to go back in if they got 3 minutes apart or come back in Thursday morning for my already scheduled pitocin. Well things progressed after we went home. Very painful contractions but they were still 5 min apart but I had back labor which is HORRIBLE. About 8 hours after coming home I finally couldn't bear the pain and called and told the MW I was coming in. Got there and I was 4 1/2cm! Yay! Those hellishly painful contractions did a lot! I immediately got an epidural which was heaven! Managed to sleep between the nurses coming in to do different things. Then the epidural stopped working. The anesthesiologist had to come back in and redo something. Luckily he did that before I hit transition cause that wasn't fun. Trembling nauseas hot sweaty. Ick. MW checked and I was 7 1/2 90% but still 0. They gave me some potocin to help strengthen the contractions to get baby to come down. Didn't work. It wasn't until this morning that I made it to 9 3/4 100% +2. Of course she also bumped up the pitocin AND the epidural pump malfunctioned at the same time so she had to call anesthesiology to come look at it. It took forever and the epi wore off! So when he came and fixed it it took another 15 minutes to kick in. Hurt like hell. When it did kick in, it wasn't completely. The anesthesiologist said in the end of labor where you start pushing, there are nerves in the pelvis that the baby's head pushed on that the epidural doesn't cover and the way to aleviate the pain was pushing. So I decided to start pushing through the pain. I made it an hour. This was after being in labor for 30 hours. Being awake for 30 hours with the exception of a 20 minute nap here and there. Not eating for about 26 hours. I was weak, I was broken, I was exhausted beyond belief. So my oh and I talked about a section and decided that's what we would do. The doc actually came in after we decided and said baby was still only +2 and wasn't even low enough to try the vacuum so we should go to the OR. So in the meantime though they had to wait for anesthesiologist and nurses to get OR ready so I just had to breathe through the contractions for almost an hour. Hurt like hell. Finally got in there, got numbed up and there he was! My baby boy! And all along they had saying he was SO big. Last week estimated at 9lb 2oz. He was only 8lbs 5oz! And he's 23 1/4 inches long! I've never heard of a baby being born that long! And neither had two of the nurses. LOL
They did have to take him to the NICU because he was "grunting" when he was born. Neonatologist came up a while ago to let me know he stopped grunting on his own. They're going to feed him tonight to make sure he can do that ok. I still haven't really seen him cause I was lying on the table concentrating on not barfing! Caught glimpses of him being cleaned up. Now just waiting for him to come to newborn nursery so we can go get him!
Oh just a few things I learned about epidurals...they can make you ITCH like crazy! Last night when I got my first one I itched on my belly like crazy. Nurse said that can be a side effect. But what sucks is that when you scratch the itch you can feel it anyway so it does no good! Also they can make you tremble. But I also learned they're heavenly.

Haha this one made me laugh!!

So my husband changed Rocco tonight while I was harvesting my crops on Farmville LOL! I came upstairs and he didn't have his pajama pants on that he had on when I went downstairs. I asked where they were. He said he noticed the folds of skin under his thighs were red so he was letting them air out. So of course I looked and sure enough they were red and I touched them and my finger smelled. He was all cheesy smelling in his creases!! Smelled like when OH gets sweaty and his balls stink. LOL! We had a good laugh about it cause I told OH it smelled like ball sweat and he said like father, like son.
I bathe him every 3 days or so. He's not a chubby baby except his thighs so I guess I never realized he would stink. I guess I'll have to use a baby wipe on his legs on the days I don't bathe him. Along with under his chin like I already do.

I am going to have a look at mine and post something!!!

Haha this one made me laugh!!

So my husband changed Rocco tonight while I was harvesting my crops on Farmville LOL! I came upstairs and he didn't have his pajama pants on that he had on when I went downstairs. I asked where they were. He said he noticed the folds of skin under his thighs were red so he was letting them air out. So of course I looked and sure enough they were red and I touched them and my finger smelled. He was all cheesy smelling in his creases!! Smelled like when OH gets sweaty and his balls stink. LOL! We had a good laugh about it cause I told OH it smelled like ball sweat and he said like father, like son.
I bathe him every 3 days or so. He's not a chubby baby except his thighs so I guess I never realized he would stink. I guess I'll have to use a baby wipe on his legs on the days I don't bathe him. Along with under his chin like I already do.
This one made me LOL. Ball sweat smell. :rofl:

Most of my earlier posts on here were about my first pregnancy and than being scared and sad after the miscarriage. I didn't venture out of the MC section at all much in the beginning.

Well just to clarify, he doesn't smell like ball sweat anymore!! Lol It is getting pretty hot here though so who knows :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->