loose stitches

shattered

Reaction score
i had my baby 9 days ago...vaginally.
i had an episiotomy....and dissolvable stitches.

well 2 ago ...i noticed it burned alot when i went to pee...and it was starting to hurt...where it never did before...
and i was noticing this weird stuff showing up onmy pad...i thought it normal...the lining of uterus...

i waited 2 days burning sensation did not go away..so i decided to go in today to dr...she said ur stitches r coming loose...no infection...can not restitch.
dont worry..they will heal on thier own....

i am just in tears right now..i was starting to feel better...moving around..and now this...and i dontknow why they came loose...what did i do wrong..

did i do too much work..?
was it the bowel movement..did i put too much pressure..?
did the dr. not stitch it right in the first place?

now i feel i will be all loose down there...

and i feel all my insides r showing up on my pad...its terrifying...i hate it..i hate it ...

dr gave me ..premarin which is estrogen..
its a cream..she said use it twice ...and it will heal in a week
i read the leaflet with it..it said if u use it..u r at high risk of getting cancer..and it could pass on to baby if you are breast feeding

so i am not going to use this medicine...

i am soo soo upset...at myself...and at the dr...i dont know why this happened...it hurts like hell when i pee..i dont want to drink water.cuz i dont want to see whats on my pad...

i just can not stop crying

dont worry hun happened to me with my previous vag deliveries, one i tore and needed 60 plus stitches another one i was cut and needed 30 plus stitiches. i know the buring feeling your talking about. did the hospital give you any lidocane spray to use, my hospital always did, if not you can get it at any pharmacy for a few dollars, spray yourself a min or two before you pee., i too had stitches come loose as i had so many they healed in a few days but i just used witch hazel on a pad after i would pee or go #2 after all cleaned up i would dab the pad around, dont worry you wont be loose feeling as your vag will shrink back down to pre pregnancy size. do kegal exercises to they will help.

i had an episiotomy and my stiches bust open.... it closed up on its own andi was advised to take salt water baths.

my stitches came loose both times as they started to disolve its quite normal and you will heal just try to keep things dry down there as much as you can and clean, Leaning forward when you pee will help stop the stinging and i found i had to hold a pad on my stitches when i had a bowel movement for the first couple of weeks, If you can get some Arnica tablets they will help with the healing too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->