Loosing my mind! Help!

Jenn95

Reaction score
Hi ladies! So I am officially loosing my mind right now! I am on CD12 and I took Clomid CD5-9. This is my first round on Clomid, my doctor suggested trigger shot right off the bat... I'm on 50mg clomid. He told me to trigger CD 15. Now I'm really scared because I see that some ladies on clomid (only) are unmonitored. But almost everyone on Clomid and trigger are monitored! I'm not, just a 21 day blood test! I called my RE today and he said that my CD 3 u/s looked perfect, no cysts or anything and he said my ovaries look more healthy then 95% of women he sees. But.. I asked him how will I know the size of my follicles and how many I have?! He responded saying the average day you ovulate after clomid is 8 days after the last pill. So he said to trigger on CD 15 and I will O on CD 16/17. I asked him for a u/s and he said word for word "there is no need, once again you have no cysts." I don't understand why I wouldn't be monitored? What if I have 4 mature follicles or something? Or what if the clomid didn't even work?! And I spent $500 on this cycle total! ( At home IUI will contribute to that cost). I mean is this normal?! He's the doctor so I have to listen to him... but I'm really worried... I haven't had any pain just cramping since CD10. So what should I do? Clearly my doc won't budge. How do I know if the clomid is even working?! :shrug:

Please ladies no responses with "horror stories" I'm already nervous enough and probably going to back out of the Trigger shot, I have enough anxiety lol

Hmmmm, I would be worried if I were you. I think that's how John and Kate plus 8 happened.... I have never been on clomid but I have clearly read from other women that (especially your first time) you need an US so you can see if you have the right dosage and to make sure that a bunch of eggs have not been released. He may be a doctor but you DON"T have to listen to him. I know that you have spent a lot of money on this cycle already, I would hate to see you waste that. If I were you I would continue to call and insist on an ultrasound and report that you are nervous, scared and uncomfortable without an US and you want more monitoring. You have a very legitimate concern.

I also would be worried. The package insert for the drug specifically says the follicles should be monitored by U/S or U/S along with serum estradiol. I've heard of plenty of unmonitored clomid cycles but I haven't heard of a cycle using a trigger without monitoring. I guess you have a few options:
1. Trust your doctor and go along with what he says
2. Continue with the cycle and don't use a trigger (O naturally) and get a second opinion in the mean time.

BTW, I had a trigger this month. My RE had me come in on CD12 for an U/S. They checked my ovaries AND measured my lining.

Thanks to both of you! I think I'm going to opt out of the trigger this month.. I'm just to worried :( Rq, what CD's did you take Clomid? And did you trigger of Cd12? I think I'm just going to see if I O naturally. But I'm having confusing OPK's :/

I actually took Femara this month. It does the same thing as clomid but I can't take clomid because it can make endometriosis grow. I took femara on days 3-7. I went in for an U/S on CD12. I had a mature follicle (23 cm or mm, whatever it is) and my lining was good. I triggered that night. I will mention that I naturally have a late O. Usually CD17 when I get a positive OPK so I was surprised I was ready to trigger at CD12

Thanks Rq! So, I had a positive OPK today and... yes, call me absolutely insane but I triggered! I am trusting my doctor on this! I took Ovidrel 250mcg (10,000iu) at 10am this morning. I was dizzy after taking it but I really think that was extreme nerves! Anywho... I know you're not supposed to test with OPK's after trigger because they will be positive regardless because of the HCG in your system. But me, again, being defiant decided to take another test! I had about a 3 hour hold and took an OPK as well as an internet cheapie pregnancy test (since the HCG will turn it positive).... post were negative... like stark white negative! Do you think the trigger way not be working?! I took the Oivdrel 5 hours before I did this... I thought the HCG would surely be in my system by now? I'm just so worried it won't work! :(

Not all doctors feel the need to monitor via U/S especially on low dose fertility meds ,
your estrogen level just before ovulation can also give the doctor an idea of how likely you are to release multiple eggs and risk of OHSS , It takes about 24 hours after the HCG trigger before it hits your urine then both HCG and LH tests will be positive and it can take 10 days or longer for the trigger to leave your system. best of luck!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->