loosing weight!!!

kayleigh&bump

Mum to Finnley & TTC #2
Reaction score
I know there have been a few other threads like this recently, but just wanted a bit of reassurance.

When i concieved, i weighed 13 stone, and i know this was heavy for me as i was on holiday and had put on about 6 pound. When i got back from holiday, i lost that 6 pound before i was about 8 weeks pregnant just be eating normally again!!

I have just hopped on the scales again today, and i weigh around 12 stone 5, which means i have lst another 3 or 4 pound. How can I be loosing weight?!?! I thought i was meant to put on weight!

I know i am overweight anyway, so maybe this is to do with it? I have heard that you are supposed to increase your calorie intake by about 300 per day we you are expecting, but i have tried not to do this as i know i probably ate far too many as it is. Saying that, i have not deprived myself of anything since i have been pregnant! If ive fancied it... ive had it!!

Do you think a bit of weight loss is normal in these early months if you are carrying a bit of extra weight, and has anyone else experienced it?

Dont worry too much, i am sure baby is doing fine, i lost 3 stone my first trimester, managed to put on a stone and then lost almost 3 quarters of a stone, so at 25 weeks i have only actually put on a quarter of a stone. lol!

but baby is helathy and happy! was worried when i seemed to be losing weight for no reason but i guess that just sometimes happens esp if baby is growing quickly and using up all your calaories!

I lost a couple of pounds in tri 1 and am now about back to my pre pregnancy weight which is 9st 10lb. With my first I put on loads of weight straight away but my pre pregnancy weight was only 8 st (those were the days) so I think you're probably right that it has to do with what you weigh when you start.

Hope that makes sense (and helps)

C xx

I lost about 8lbs in the first 12 weeks, then steadily started gaining now ive gained that 8 plus another 14, i blame lack of beer, lol :D

Many women loose weight, especially when suffering from morning sickness and doctors always assure them that it is normal. Probably your metabolism is working overtime and you are burning more energy to create a baby. I wouldn't worry at all. You are still in very early stage to be concerned about no weight gain.

And oh, the extra 300 calories, i read are needed only in the last trimester! :)

I'm not really one for weighing myself to be honest.....

BUT i did for the first time in 3 years last week....I've lost a pound since my booking in appointment....I know its not much, but a scan I had yesterday showed baby weighed 1.5lbs!!

All my friends have said I look like i've lost weight (except for belly obviously) i'm not too worried about it, as I've been taking vitamins still, and am eating the normal amount....I've jsut been chucking up at least once a week, and eating more fruit and veg, so i've put it down to that.

Maybe mention it to your MW is your worried, but I dont think its too bad.

Id happily expect losing weight.
My weight been like a yo-yo from day 1 i wouldnt worry. 1 week, ive only put on 2lbs next ive put on 9lb, week after 6lbs.

dont worry hon- honestly it's fine! I have lost over a stone in weight and even now at nearly 26 weeks I have only put on a pound and a half more than my pre preg weight!!
when I told the consultant he was a bit surprised because he said he sees more people getting a lot heavier than they want to be, but all my scans have shown a healthy, high side of average sized baby so dont worry! everyone is different and my diet has been completely different since being pregnant so no wonder I have lost weight!

Im sure you are fine!! just think- less to get off afterwards!!!!! :hugs:

I was about 11st8 when I got preg. I went down to 9st12 because of the hyperemesis. I'm now 10st3 so i've still lost loads compared to what I weighed when I got preg. Am slowly putting it back on though. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->