LO's Cough Wont Clear Off!!!!!!

rachxbaby1x

Reaction score
Hi Ladies im just after some advice really, LO had a cold the end of november also a really bad cough, so took him to docs as we thought it may be a chest infection cause he sounded quite chesty and he checked him over, said his chest was clear and basically just give him calpol, well we bought some karvol drops for his room and tixylix for his cough and the cold went after a week/10 days but he still has the nasty cough! We took him back to the docs who gave us an inhaler :shrug: which hasnt improved his cough, and they just keep telling me there isnt anything they can have to clear it?!?!?!
I just feel like yet again were being fobbed off, My poor little boy has had this cough for soooooo long I feel for him. He constantly brings up his food/milk cause of this cough??!!!!???

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this, im just very frustrated for my little man :nope::nope:

xxxx

The same happened with Ruby, we had no success at all gettig her to use the inhaler - I have no idea how to get a toddler or baby to use one. We took her back to the Drs and he gave us anti biotics which seemed to work, or the cough might have got better by itself, not sure. But the Dr also said Ruby's chest was clear.

Hi, We are having the same problem at the moment with our LO. He had a cold at the beginning of December and devloped a cough. The dr said his chest was clear and also gave us an inhaler.

His cold went but the cough continued and he now has another cold (so cough is now worse again). The dr just keeps saying to use the inhaler and we are to take him back again a few days after his cold has gone, if the cough is still there.

If the chest is clear then antibiotics are no good. Fortunately our LO is really good at using the inhaler, but i just wish it would help as it doesn't seem to. I feel so sorry for him when he is waking up coughing in the night and just want it to go now.

We've tried other things like steam, calpol, cough medicine, but these things only help for a little while. :shrug:

Thanks for your replies ladies, We took Harrison to see our paediatrician (sp?) today (not cause of the cough, but for a check up due to his reflux etc) but we mentioned to him about the cough and that our gp gave us an inhaler and he looked at me like i was alien???? He told us to not bother with the inhaler as its not doing anything, and LO doesnt have asthma lol these docs do contradict eachother dont they lol.
But he again checked his chest and was clear, so yet again it seems its back to calpol if needed and cough medicine????

I hope all our LO's shift this nasty cough, its not nice for them xxxxxx

Jen has had a cough since November. I wasn't too worried as she had no temp etc, but we did take eventually take her to the doctor last week as it had gone on for so long. He wasn't concerned and said her chest is clear, so we just need to wait it out. He said its unlikely to be asthma as there's no family history etc, but to come back if we get concerned. I just wish it would go as she sometimes wakes up coughing.

My LO has been chesty since birth but recently his cough had been waking him up a lot at night. We were given an inhaler and some steroid tablets and as soon as he had his first dose of tablets the coughing stopped and he is now sleeping much better.
Out of curiousity how many of you ladies had c-sections and / or meconium at birth as I'm sure a lot of my LO's problems stem from him inhaling meconium when he was born. He was given anti-biotics at birth to help clear his chest but has not had them since.

OMG i could have wrote this thread!!
This happened to Harriet last April, and turned out she had a chest infection.

Has happened this week as well, tho i took her to the doc's and straight away they gave anti biotics instead of fobbing me off.

we need the summer to arrive pronto, get our babies better!!

Hope everyones LO's get rid of the coughs soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"