Losing faith

haydenashley1

Reaction score
This month is going to be cycle #6 of ttc for my husband and I. I don't understand why i'm not getting pregnant. We're doing absolutely everything we can to get pregnant, by the book. Everyone says it happens when you stop trying, and due to the fact that we got married a week ago, we haven't really been focusing on conceiving, but still maintaining unprotected sex. I'm only 5 dpo but I have very low hopes for this month. Due to us just getting married, everyone expects us to start trying for a baby now. His dad told me that 'we better be careful because the men in our family can just look at a girl and get her pregnant' which isn't true at all, due to us being on cycle number 6 already. Everyone thinks we're just now starting to try, and i don't wanna let them know I'm having issues conceiving. It's frustrating because everyone i know gets pregnant so easily. It's starting to depress me a bit. The only thing that i'm holding onto is that maybe, just maybe, we managed to get pregnant on our honeymoon. I could just use some encouraging words to help me get through the ttc cycles. Would love to get my bfp. Thanks in advance y'all. :thumbup:

I know how you are feeling Hayden, it is so frustrating and painful when a person wants a BFP so badly but it just isn't happening. I can't tell you to relax and try forget about ttc cause I know from experience that when you want it so badly, you can't really stop thinking about it. All I can say is take it day by day. I don't know how old you and your DH are but they say a person should generally try for 1 year before getting concerned so you still have a few months to go before you should start thinking about further testing etc (assuming you are under the age of 35). I feel the same as what you do currently but all I keep telling myself is that if is doesn't happen then at least we still have other options available in order to get our BFP (even if it means IVF etc).

Fx for you and I am here to chat and to vent to whenever you need :)

Hi. I Know how just exactly how you are feeling although I've already got 1 son and he was conceived more or less straight away, this time we've been going with the flow for over a year and properly trying for 8 months and I've had absolutely zero luck. I went to see a medium just for fun as I've always wanted to try one and she mentioned that I've been wanting another baby and that it will happen by the end of the year and that after giving birth I've been left with a tilted womb so told me to get my husband to enter in from behind. So this wAs our first month trying it that way plus used some conceive plus. I've a week left until i find out but I have zero high hopes.

I feel for u I really do. It's so so tough and really unfair. What have u been doing to give yourselves an extra bit of help??

Hiya, I felt exactly how you did after our sixth unsuccessful month. I became really negative and stressed about it because we were timing it just right every time but it just wasn't happening.

Someone online recommended reflexology. I was really sceptical at first but did some research and then thought it was worth a shot. I had weekly sessions to start with and within 4 sessions I was pregnant! I noticed changes to my cycle/sleep/mood etc even after the first one or two sessions so I do really believe it had a huge part to play.

I also tried to be more relaxed, DTD every few days instead of every 1-2 days and didn't try to time it to a specific time of the month. I think that using the sperm every 2-3 days throughout the whole month can help to improve their quality so you might want to try that approach if you're not doing that already.

Good luck :hugs: I hope it happens for you soon!

thanks everyone. I have a week until i can test to find out, but i'm not very hopeful. We have sex every day that i'm fertile, including a few days before and after and every few days when i'm not fertile. We've tried lube (not water based) and natural lubrication, next cycle we are going to try preseed. I'm just not sure what i'm doing wrong. I hold my legs up for 15 minutes after every time. i'm just immensely frustrated. I want my own little bundle of joy. :growlmad:

I am in the same boat Hayden. I am at that stage where I wish the obgyn would send me for a scan to check if I don't have a blockage or at least have DH tested to make sure there isn't something wrong there but that all will only get done after 6 months of being on Clomid with no results which is after January next year 😩 I just want to be actively doing something more than what we doing currently!

But we have to stay positive! It will happen for us all when it is meant to!

Im sorry for you

I know how it is when everyone issues their expectations. No one in my family has ever had problems before so they dont understand. If it helps relieve stress claim you're not trying yet, it worked well for me for years.

Anyway, i wish you the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->