Losing hair :( :( :( BF??? After birth Hormones???

sharnw

Mum to soon to be 3
Reaction score
I have been losing my lovely hair for the past 2 months! :cry:
My baby is 3 months now and I am breast feeding full time.
I dont know if its from breast feeding or something else is going on :nope:
No stress, baby is wonderful and happy and I have great sleep, I eat normal. BUT I dont take my folate/breast feeding vitamins etc...

Has anyone else experienced this?? I just need to know, so I know to book an appointment with my doctor or hair dresser :blush:
:hissy::help:

Its normal. ive bf both of mine and lost alot of hair both times.

I've been losing hair like mad as well, I put it down to my hormones being all messed up

Oh thanks so much for reading and replying ladies :flower:
I will start taking my blackmores gold breastfeeding capsules again and monitor for a few weeks xx

It's perfectly normal. One of the pregnancy hormones causes your body to (mostly) stop shedding hair. Once you give birth and your hormone levels start going back to normal, all the hair your body held onto during pregnancy starts falling out. :thumbup:

I've been losing mine for 4 months now. :wacko:

Me too! Handfuls in the shower....Ugh. I miss my pregnancy hair, and my NAILS even more. They were nice :(

I can't wait till mine starts falling out. It was mighty thick before and now I can't stand washing it. It just takes too damn long, and then drying takes forever too. Bring on the hair loss!

Yeah, and it will stop in a couple months, don't worry! Then you will have the pleasure of having 1/3 of your hair (the new regrowth) be an inch long. :p

It's normal, it happens to many women after pregnancy whether they breastfeed or not. It will grow back!

Don't worry, in about three months it will stop, and then in another 3-4 months you will find yourself in possession of what my friends and I like to call the "baby fringe".

Mine stopped around 6 months and I now have the baby hair, it looks such a mess!

I have been losing my lovely hair for the past 2 months! :cry:
My baby is 3 months now and I am breast feeding full time.
I dont know if its from breast feeding or something else is going on :nope:
No stress, baby is wonderful and happy and I have great sleep, I eat normal. BUT I dont take my folate/breast feeding vitamins etc...

Has anyone else experienced this?? I just need to know, so I know to book an appointment with my doctor or hair dresser :blush:
:hissy::help:

i lost loads of hair after i had my son , it turned out I had a thyriod problem...alot of women dont relise this and can have a thryriod problem after giving birth that can last a short time or life long..

mine was short time and then later switched to lifelong..i would have ur doc do a thyriod check to make sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->