Losing hope

Mrsebrown

Reaction score
I know it doesn't seem like a long time, but my husband (24) and I (21) have been trying to conceive for 6 months now. It's very hard on me, every month, getting my period and just losing that much more hope. I honestly thought I'd get pregnant my first time trying. Everyone else I know had... So why would I be any different. Little did I know...
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips that helped you conceive or just to relax your mind and stop stressing over getting pregnant. Thanks for any help!:shrug:

Also, last month I was two days late, and this month I was five days late, and not really any normal period symptoms either time. Wondering if it was just stress?

Hun I'm exactly the same, only we've been ttc for just over 5 years now! It's starting to make me very bitter. I guess God has his plan for us all and it's not in my plan to be a mother!

Keep your chin up you are both still very young. you'll get there soon enough! :) :dust:

Stress can absolutely mess with your cycle! I know its hard with everything you're feeling and going through, the stress of TTC on top of everyday life. But try to keep yourself relaxed because the more thrown your cycle is the harder it will be to track and get your sticky bean! Fingers crossed for you sweetheart I know its hard but remember were all here going through the same thing whenever you need support. I'm 23 and figured I would have no problem conceiving, but like you said little did I know. Hugs & baby dust to you!!

The only thing that has helped me (and I've been trying for 2+ years) is to distract myself heavily with my other passions, and doing small things to increase my chances. I'm doing a certification course for something I love, I'm looking for more work so I can pay off my small debts and start to save, I'm making appointments at my dentist and doctor to get all of my minor health issues taken care of, I'm researching supplements and I just bought some OPKs to try and chart my ovulation, since I'm not 100% sure I'm ovulating or when.

It is so easy to get wrapped up in the sadness and depression. I, too, am 23 and thought it'd be super easy to get pregnant, since growing up everyone is telling you to protect, prevent, etc! NOT the story lol. My journey has been long but I've already sorted through lots of problem with my cycle (doctor thought I might have PCOS, I had long, irregular cycles, etc), and am now back to regular cycles. Just stay distracted!

Best of luck!

Hey lovely (and other lovelies who have replied),

I can relate so much to your posts. I'm 24 and have been trying 100% for the last 8 months and NTNP for sometime before that. I was so convinced that when we actively tried and timed everything, that I would become pregnant within a few months and of course secretly hoped it would be the first month!

It's so frustrating. In the past I experienced miscarriages and it worries me that perhaps there is a problem and it feels ironic that I got pregnant instantly when it was in very dark circumstances but now when I am with a loving partner, no luck!

I'll definitely take on board the tips you have shared here and if anyone wants to chat, feel free to message me. Maybe we can help distract one and other.

x

Hi everyone.

Man it's really sad to read all your comments... Sucks...

I hope you ladies stay strong and don't ever lose hope! And I know that is easier said than done...

Sadly I can't exactly relate to what you are feeling and what you are thinking...

but I do want to share some general tips if that's okay?

They may sound like super general things but it really adds up.

Here it goes... Hold on tight:

- Less (Quit) Smoking and Alcohol (Both you and your partner)

Nicotine influences the receptiveness of the uterus to the egg and in men it affects the sperm production and motility.

- Less Caffeine (This sucks... I'm an addict) :coffee:

Experts say caffeine reduces fertility but moderate consumption is all right.
How much is moderate?
They say one should stay under 200-250mg a day. We have a table that shows how much caffeine is in what if you want it in detail. lol.

- Then the choice of Lubricants:

As you'll know when trying to conceive the amount of intercourse increases and some couples start using lubricants.

Avoid lubricants that include "spermicidal agents" and that are water-based!

- Weight... Yap. That ugly word...

It's really extremely important to stay in shape and to maintain a healthy body weight when trying to conceive.

Especially if you have PCOS. This is probably the most under-rated part when it comes to getting pregnant...

(Small Personal Tip:)
Lost 9kgs over the last few months with no extra exercise... I replaced all my starch with legumes (beans, lentils and chickpeas) and only ate protein breakfasts in the morning. That's it...

It feels like I'm writing a book here... lol. Haven't typed in a while... :wacko:

But I'll cut it short here. If you want to read the rest of these tips you can read the article at our website. (Can't post it because of some spam filter... Sigh)

And then lastly...

Don't give up... Stay strong! Stay positive! :hugs:

Keep your mind off it somehow. I always advise to go to the gym or running. That helps me a lot.

Watch motivational videos on Youtube to lift your spirits...
I always cry when I just watch that small Basketball part of the Pursuit of Happiness...

I'm just a regular Joe but if you have any questions or something you want me to research for you then please let me know at our website... (Check my profile)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->