Losing my Mind?

HolmesMomma

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm just going crazy or what, but could use some advice/opinion .

We found out we were preggo last Thursday (March 24). I've been cramping fairly regularly since then.

Saturday morning, I had brown spotting. Last night pink spotting, and this afternoon a smallish clump of bright red tissue.

I'm trying not to panic right away, and since I'm only 5ish weeks, I'm not even sure if they could tell me anything at the ER

Thoughts??

I spotted and bled with Meghan and Mark. If you went to the ER they may do an ultrasound but it's too early to see the heartbeat. They really won't see much unless you have passed the baby... they they won't see anything. Now I have had 7 miscarriages and am telling you if you passed the baby you will probably know it as the cramps are really bad. It is possible to have a missed miscarriage where the baby stops growing but your body doesn't pass the baby right away. I am praying you are simply doing some spotting. I'm actually spotting now and it's turned red today. Even though I had this (and much more) with Meghan and Mark I am still scared to death. What I would do is call your ob and schedule a beta. Then ask to come back in 2 days for a repeat (a beta is a bloodtest to check your hcg levels). The level should double every 2-3 days indicating a healthy pregnancy. Then at 6 weeks you can request a u/s to see if the heart is beating. Let me know how it goes. I'm praying for you.
Tonya

Scary time :( Any sort of bleeding should be investigated .. there's prob *not* a whole lot they could tell you at the ER to be honest as you'd not be able to see much on a scan that early .. they might be able to take bloods and then you could repeat at your OB on Monday and it will give a couple days for them to measure the beta. If anything go for your peace of mind ..

I spotted with my 2nd baby. Went to the ER, the baby was fine and few days after no more spotting. From what I read here a lot of women bleed, during the first few weeks of their pregnancies, it's normal. But instead of going crazy, go to the ER the ultrasound or the blood test will help reassure you.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

xoxo~

Thank you ladies... I'm going to see how things go tonight and call my doctor tomorrow morning.

All the reading, and what I've heard too is spotting is somewhat "normal", but it's the cramps that are worrying me.

Fingers crossed - thanks for all your prayers

Thank you ladies... I'm going to see how things go tonight and call my doctor tomorrow morning.

All the reading, and what I've heard too is spotting is somewhat "normal", but it's the cramps that are worrying me.

Fingers crossed - thanks for all your prayers

Cramps are completly normal honey, we're all stretching and adjusting, i got really bad cramping from weeks 4-6 constant for two weeks, and i bled quite alot, also i get a mini period around the time AF would be due, every month bang on, nothing bad just a few spots, i saw the baby at 12wk 2 days and he/she was fine as can be, aslong as they don't double you over in pain and your bleeding gets really bad try not too worry too much, i know it's a really scary time. :hugs:

Thanks again for the support ladies - feeling much better today. Still cramping but no spotting.

And... the nausea is back in full force (yay!)

Thanks again for the support ladies - feeling much better today. Still cramping but no spotting.

And... the nausea is back in full force (yay!)

That's great to hear! And on a side note. I saw the conversation thing that you started with me ( we're due the same day YAY!!) but I have no clue how to respond back to it LOL. I'm sorry.

Now I have had 7 miscarriages and am telling you if you passed the baby you will probably know it as the cramps are really bad.

I've only had the one miscarriage, but I just wanted to say -- If the doctor hadn't told me that I was losing the baby, I wouldn't have believed it (and honestly, didn't believe it) until I passed a bright red clot about the size of a grape.

I was spotting heavily, but nothing even quite like a period, and the only cramping I experienced during the entire thing was some light cramping about an hour before I passed the clot, and even now I think that had more to do with the fact that I had to go #2 really bad. Even after I miscarried, I only experienced very light bleeding, like the absolute lightest period of my life, and it only lasted for three more days. Everybody was trying to prepare me for the heaviest period of my life and the worst cramps a girl could think of, and I didn't get either.

I'm not trying to cause unnecessary concern or anything... but you saying you passed a clot does worry me a bit. Still having symptoms is good, and the spotting being gone is good! But I'd still go and get your beta levels done to make sure that everything is going well, or an ultrasound if you can. Or even just take a pregnancy test to make sure it still registers as positive.

I'm hoping to hear that this has been nothing more than the normal bit of spotting and cramping! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->