A long term weight loss thread

Mondays weigh-in is in..... 171.9

That means I am down a total of 14lbs! I cant believe it! I am really starting to see the results. I went from a size 14 jeans down to 11 (I have a lot of excess skin on my belly) so I think if it wasn't for my stomach I would be 10. Ive lost 1 1/2 inches of my belly and my legs, arms and face are a lot smaller! My boobs have shrunk too which makes me so happy. I was a 44DD and now I am more like a 42DD and maybe a little smaller! My bras are definitely looser!

Starting weight: 185/186
Current weight: 171.9

Go you!!! Actually that's good to hear that a big difference can be seen with "only" a 14lb loss. I am reeeaally looking forward to fitting back into my jean shorts! I hope I can squeeze back into them when I get down closer to 170.

I'm also curious about this celery juice as they mentioned it on the radio recently as a new health fad.

Luna buying our first house is how I got to my largest non pregnant size because we were so busy house hunting we rarely had time for a healthy home cooked meal! It's crazy how awful eating out really can be. We also had the freedom to do it since we both worked and could afford it plus no kid yet. I got up to nearly 200lbs and had never been pregnant! For reference that's about 50lbs up from where I like to comfortably sit weight-wise and 53lbs up from when I met my hubby 2-3 years prior to that. We like to say love made us fat lol

So yesterday was day 1 of really minding my diet and it went well!!! I also got in a walk so I'm feeling super motivated. MIL and I are cheering each other on which is great. She actually NEEDS to lose the weight as she's got fatty liver damage she's trying to reverse. So we are trying to plan out walking together more often.

I also i found these to curb my chocolate craving. They're soooo good! I think I'm going to split them out into portion sizes for just a few a day because they are almost TOO good haha. When there's a whole bag it's tempting to overindulge.

IMG_6133.JPG

Giggle those look yummy! I will have to see if I can find those.

Weighed this morning and am already down to 183 :thumbup: i gained weight so quick that I have a feeling the first couple pounds are going to fall off. Probably when I get around 178 it'll slow down substantially...just a perdiction.

Cews they are super yummy, especially if you like yoir chocolate with a little crunch. They're about 10cals a nut so you canplan your consumption accordingly. I've split mine into little baby food containers, 10 in each, and am going to just have one container a day.

Gigs those look delicious. I don't think I have enough control to only eat 10 even if divided into portions.

Way to go everyone. I haven't weighed myself recently as my birthday was Saturday. MILs birthday today too. I feel pretty good about today. I walked 2 miles and have ate fairly healthy. Bought some carrots to eat as a snack. Hope to see some loss in the next couple weeks. Not trying to put a time frame for my goals.

Fluek how tall are you? I feel like our stats and goals are about the same.

Oh that's right I forgot you all are super tall! Well mevermind what I said then lol

Giggle how tall are you? Im all of 5'3" with a super short torso! Unfortunately all my extra weight I carry in the belly and it shows.

Tonight dinner is Margherita Pasta Skillet....

Recipe:

• 3/4 box whole grain pasta of choice
  • 2 and 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
  • 1 box cherry tomatoes
  • 10 basil leaves
  • 3 tbsp fresh garlic
In a pan add pasta, tomatoes, 8 basil leaves, salt, and water. Bring to a boil on medium heat and stir periodically. Once water has reduced put on low and add garlic. I did this in a cast iron skillet so once the water had reduced I added the cheese and threw it in the oven for 5 mins on 400 degrees to melt the cheese. Garnish with remaining basil, chopped. Viola! This would be great with chicken shrimp, or scallops!

Macros (per serving for 8 servings): 209 calories, 5g fat, 29g carbs, 11g protein

I love pasta and not a huge fan of whole grain pasta but Im going to give it another shot for this. Ill update with a post on how it tastes tonight.

Gigs lol!! Yes DH is especially tall and I think V will be taller than me at her adult height. S is fairly tall and skinny but she's only 6 weeks.

Cews that does sound good especially with some shrimp.

I've got chicken and rice baking in the oven for tonight. It's not really diet friendly, but simple to prepare.

Cews and giggle, it's easy to make celery juice at home even without a juicer. I put the celery sticks to the blender and add water. I don't use any exact measurements, I just cut up a bunch of celery and fill the blender with water. Then I pass it through a filter and voila. I try to use the leftovers in any food I'm cooking like omelettes or add it in smoothies. When i did it for a few days in a row my belly and fingers weren't bloated at all. So it's def smth I wanna keep up for the summer. I'm just not very good at doing it as I always want my coffee before I do anything, as you're not supposed to eat or drink anything else before or 15-30min after. Sometimes I did cheat though and have coffee at the same time or before and it still seemed to work. I figured its better doing it wrong than not at all. I def recommend trying it! The celery lasts longer in the fridge if you remove the leaves.

Cews I am the same! i'm 5'1 and extra weight always goes on my belly!

Cews and giggle, it's easy to make celery juice at home even without a juicer. I put the celery sticks to the blender and add water. I don't use any exact measurements, I just cut up a bunch of celery and fill the blender with water. Then I pass it through a filter and voila. I try to use the leftovers in any food I'm cooking like omelettes or add it in smoothies. When i did it for a few days in a row my belly and fingers weren't bloated at all. So it's def smth I wanna keep up for the summer. I'm just not very good at doing it as I always want my coffee before I do anything, as you're not supposed to eat or drink anything else before or 15-30min after. Sometimes I did cheat though and have coffee at the same time or before and it still seemed to work. I figured its better doing it wrong than not at all. I def recommend trying it! The celery lasts longer in the fridge if you remove the leaves.

Cews I am the same! i'm 5'1 and extra weight always goes on my belly!

Ill have to try that celery trick. I usually have a cup of coffee first thing but this is an idea to try.

Gigs lol!! Yes DH is especially tall and I think V will be taller than me at her adult height. S is fairly tall and skinny but she's only 6 weeks.

Cews that does sound good especially with some shrimp.

I've got chicken and rice baking in the oven for tonight. It's not really diet friendly, but simple to prepare.

Yummm, I love shrimp but DH hates seafood. lol! He is a meats and potatoes guy but if it wasn't for the fact that there are a few meat dishes I like I would be a vegetarian. I like Chicken and Rice. It reminds me of being a kid. My mom made it a lot.

Let me know what you think once you've tried it. Some people don't like the taste, I like celery though so it wasn't a problem. But in case you don't like the taste, it does get better as you get used to it.

I am trying to cut down meat too, but my partner just loves meat. And simple carbs- lots of them. It's can be really hard to try to get fit with someone else eating badly, he says he wants to improve but I guess it's baby steps. His go to food is pizza too if I only have healthy food in the house. I find it's best to stay in another room or go to sleep as if I see the pizza I won't be able to resist and will feel so yucky the next day.

Just have to try to do well, one day at a time. I was looking in the mirror and was seeing some change, my fat sausages in the back from underneath my bra are disapearing and being replaced by some muscles in the middle. Very motivating to continue. Are you guys taking some photos to see change?

Luna I like celery but with peanut butter. I may try eventually. Right now mornings are hectic if I want to "sleep in". Agree that it's hard with diet if your partner isn't on board. I totally should do some photos and measurements. I wish my NB would let me put her down without crying almost all the time.

Cews I love seafood. I love meat in general but have typically avoided red meat until I met DH. Also why can't potatoes be as healthy as kale or broccoli?

AFM making some small changes. Less processed easy foods, walking, cutting down sweets. Feeling a bit better and going to try to just weigh weekly. I think it's hard when weighing daily.

On a bad note bought a red velvet cake for MILs birthday. On a positive note resisted buying anything else from the bakery. It was hard, those chocolate eclairs looked amazing *drools*

I love Red Velvet cake but I found that instead of eggs use plain greek yogurt. Less calories so it makes it a little healthier! Plus (hubby agrees) the cake actually tastes better! So win-win :)

As for celery, I LOVE celery plain so I think the juice would be totally doable. I try to just weight myself once a week but I always step on the scale before and after my workout but then later in the day it creeps back up and makes me upset so I NEED to stop doing that. I really don't know why I do it because its the same every time. Lol.

I really can live without meat but I do like the occasional burger, hotdog (100% beef) or steak. Im not a huge fan of plain chicken and honestly I cant even stomach salmon or most fresh water fish. It makes me sick every single time. Salt water fish I can do though. Im a huge seafood lover but since DH isn't I rarely get it. He's also not into beans (Red beans and rice is my favorite food) or mushrooms (another favorite) so I cant make a lot of my childhood favorites and if it calls for it I try and substitute with what I can.

UPDATE:

So dinner was a success! My only complaint is that the mozzarella didn’t really melt so I didn’t eat it. Thankfully I added a small amount of Italian cheese so that saved it. It wasn’t full of flavor but more of a light summer type spaghetti. I really enjoyed it.

Y'all are making me hungry.

Hmm I can't stand celery...but yummmm seafood! We might have oysters for Easter and I am EXCITED!

I also gain weight in my gut, face, and arms. My ass gets a little bigger but not much. And my boobs always stay the same. I'm 5'5".

Cews I always get said when people don't like mushrooms! They're soooo good!

Fluek I would have absolutely indulged in that cake lol. What day will you be weighing in? I will most likely be weighing in daily because I don't like being surprised in a negative way...like if I'm thinking I did good and expect a lower number, but it doesn't go as low as I hoped, I get discouraged. Weighing daily keeps my expectations realistic I think.

What do y'all do for motivation? I love before & after weight loss pics! I should dig up my own and share here...

Oh and yes I did take pics this time! I wilk probably take a progress pic when I hit the 160's.

I gain primarily in my abdomen and some in my boobs. Unfortunately my boobs usually get smaller before my gut :(

Mushrooms are delicious. Going to fix omelettes sunday with mushrooms, green pepper, and bacon.

Gigs we are eating cake later today. I'm planning on just a small piece. I think I'll weigh on Thursdays. I weighed this morning and gained from my birthday weekend. 193, it's okay. Just motivation to do better.

My motivation would just come after feeling disgusted with myself. Kinda like a smoker having to get that drive to quit I suppose. Food is an addiction for me sadly. I'll see if DH will take some pics for me. I won't post until I get an after pic :haha:

Taking MIL out tomorrow for lunch. I need to come up with a plan. I do kinda want to get whatever I want because I don't eat at this place often. It's a local restaurant. I'm so glad a friend of mine invited me there because I would have never stopped there as it's so rinky dinky looking.

What kind of food is it?

Ok this took a minute to find but here I am after weight loss following ds1. I was about 187 in the before pic, and 150ish? In the after pic. Somewhere i have a compilation pic of every 10lbs down in the same swim suit but lord knows where that is now!

329E8E58-FE3B-4D93-B4FD-AEADFF191173.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"