A long term weight loss thread

Oh for the tecord I had extensions in the second pic. Thrown in for date night...in the end I kind of looked like my husband's hooker but oh well :rofl:

Not a great before picture but here is me in February right before I started my weight loss journey. It was this picture that made me flinch with how big I had gotten. Ugh. I will have to get DH to take an after one

IMG_4341.jpg

Gigs you look fantastic in that red dress!

Cews you should definitely have a current pic to see your progress.

I might share a pic. I feel embarassed when I don't love my body.

Oh and they have a little of everything. Sandwhiches, burgers, pizza. I think steak. I usually get their cajun chicken sandwich and spiral chips.

Im a photographer so I am usually behind the camera. I only have a few pictures of me because of this. My 4 year old took that one! lol! He takes after his momma in that aspect! With the weight gain I hate being in front of the camera even more now. Its crazy!

Cews do you photograph professionally? I dabble :p mostly I just do photo shoots for mtself ir friends and family. Anyway that picture isn't as bad as you think. I love a good picture with a genuine smile! My 7yo has a habit of taking horribly unflattering pics of me. He has a kids camera and admittedly I've deleted some of his pics of me lol

Mmmmm that sounds good Fluek. I don't know why but now I'm craving fried pickles.

And thank you for the compliment! I hope to get back to that weight...ideally before I have to be somewhere in a bathing suit haha. I honestly can't remember how long it took me to lose the weight...after Ds2 I think I went from 185ish to 155ish in 3 months, but i was really sick with mono and dropped about 11lbs in a couple weeks at the end...And once I recovered from that I got pregnant lol. I think after ds1 it was about 7 months...? That was to go from about 187 to 140. In conclusion, I have no idea what is a realistic time frame to lose 30lbs this time.

Cews do you photograph professionally? I dabble :p mostly I just do photo shoots for mtself ir friends and family. Anyway that picture isn't as bad as you think. I love a good picture with a genuine smile! My 7yo has a habit of taking horribly unflattering pics of me. He has a kids camera and admittedly I've deleted some of his pics of me lol

Mmmmm that sounds good Fluek. I don't know why but now I'm craving fried pickles.

And thank you for the compliment! I hope to get back to that weight...ideally before I have to be somewhere in a bathing suit haha. I honestly can't remember how long it took me to lose the weight...after Ds2 I think I went from 185ish to 155ish in 3 months, but i was really sick with mono and dropped about 11lbs in a couple weeks at the end...And once I recovered from that I got pregnant lol. I think after ds1 it was about 7 months...? That was to go from about 187 to 140. In conclusion, I have no idea what is a realistic time frame to lose 30lbs this time.

I am! I always loved photography as a child and knew it was something I wanted to do! I love being BEHIND the camera. I also deleted a ton of pictures of me that are seriously unflattering! This one I kept. No clue why as I really don't like it but my son always has my phone or his camera (he got a kid one for his birthday) and he chases our dog around the house yelling say cheese! Its so cute!

Fried pickles do sound so yummy! Especially dipped in ranch. Ugh... NO FRIED FOODS!!! lol.

Haha I've been good! No fried foods here.

Not sure what our Easter meal will entail but it SOUNDS healthy...oysters, grilled chicken & veggies, deviled eggs, and salad...so far. No word on dessert...

I'll get my exercise in tomorrow though! Disc golf day! :happydance:

Oh forgot to mention I was back down to 181 this morning :thumbup: I am excited to be back in the 170's soon!

Go Giggle! The 170's will be there before you know it! I am proud of all of you ladies! This is such a hard thing to do. Too bad weight loss isn't as easy and fun as gaining it.

Ainthat the truth!
Don't sing my praises yet, I'm still up like 6lbs from when I started this thread lol

Ainthat the truth!
Don't sing my praises yet, I'm still up like 6lbs from when I started this thread lol

Any weight loss is a reason to celebrate!!! Mine has kinda yo-yoed these last few days but I think it’s because my legs are getting more muscle. I lost another 1/2 inch off my waste so I know I’m still losing.

Here is my good before and after of my problem area! I think the difference is crazy in a month and I am so proud of myself! Same shirt in all 3 photos but different bottoms in the last one!

1) March 13th
2) April 9th
3) April 19th

fullsizeoutput_1ba0.jpg

How's everyone doing?

Got down to 180 but back up to 181 this morning...grrr. I am trying to update my ticker. It was at my weight at birth (206) but I changed it to the weight I am really starting my weight loss mission at (185.2).

Hubs is going to start joining me now. We're trying to figure out how we can get walks in with him working full time. With the sun going down so late now i feel like after dinner walks are totally doable. Only problem is we live in the country and have to drive to a neighborhood to walk.

Im doing good! Had a cheat day yesterday but still didn't do too bad. I am down to 170.1 with first morning weigh-in! So lost almost 2lbs last week.

SW: 185/186
WI: 170.1

I would do a ticker but it tells me I have too many! lol!

Giggle, is it too far of a walk on your road to do evening walks? I would love to incorporate them back into my daily workouts too! I use to walk all the time but its gotten harder with 2 kids. Plus, I like to listen to my audiobook while I walk and DH is a talker! lol.

Unfortunately we live off a busy 55mph road :/

Wow 15lbs down!!! Great job!

I am a little bummed I didn't start my weight loss attempts when I was already 175ish. Very annoying to have put myself in a position where I have to lose an additional 10lbs! I guess there's no point in beating myself up now...better late than never?

Gigs same here. Live off a 55 mph road so we have to drive to walk. I've been walking after dropping oldest off.

Cews I always loved to walk and listen to music. Can't get that now. Maybe I will during lunch breaks when I return to work.

Didn't do the best over the weekend. Could have done worse though. I won't weigh in until Thursday though.

Awe man that stinks! I don't think I would walk down a busy road either! My mom actually instilled a love of walking when I was a pre-teen. I used to walk with her and my aunt 3-5 days a week. I am a champion power walker because of it and I have a very fast pace! My mom is 5'9" and I was about 5'1" so I had to walk fast!

I always weigh after I workout because I like to see how mush water weight I sweated out and the scale read 169.3!!! I don't rely on the post-workout weight but it was awesome to see the 160's number! I am working my butt off and I am thrilled that I am seeing the results. Once I hit 165 I am celebrating with Pizza! That will be my pre-pregnancy weight for #2 and then only 25lbs to be at pre-pregnancy weight for #1. I expect the weight loss to start to slow down soon as the first part is always the easiest to lose.

Thank you all for keeping me motivated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->