A long term weight loss thread

Hey! I would like to join too! 3rd baby fat seems to be holding on a lot harder. I'm 5'6" and 124lbs pre baby #3. Ideally I think I'd like to be in the 130 range but muscle. I told hubby after we were completely done have kids that I would get in shape and tone again.

I haven't weighed myself since having my daughter but I know I'm way over where I want to be. I do know that my body does tend to hold on to an extra 10lbs or so while i am breastfeeding.

I was 165 at the end of my pregnancy. And I LOVED sweets this time around which I'm sure attributes to the belly fat. Also my biggest bummer post partum is my butt always goes away and I like my butt .

I've started walking but i am having a hugely hard time cutting out the sugar again. I'm starting by weaning my sugar out of my coffee.. I figure baby steps are good. And once our awful Canadian winter is over I will be outside alot more. And as much as I'd love to go to a gym it's almost impossible with 3 kids.

I took this picture yesterday.. progress pics seem to help because pictures show more than it feels like sometimes.20190220_085341~2.jpg

Gigs - My first break at work is 10:30am, so that means I could go til 6:30pm. The only issue is SO sometimes doesn't get home til then. So, I guess my best best would be to eat without him and then cook dinner when he gets home, but just pack some up for myself and have it for lunch the next day.

Flueky - One of the MWs I'll be dealing with is apparently into fitness and nutrition, so maybe she'll have some pointers. Though, her advice will probably just be the "Jiminey Cricket diet" Gigs suggested. I'm also kind of a picky eater. lol

Dobby - I had some small, but ok success with IF, but I've obviously had to stop that for now. I just bought a book with a lot of fasting info that I've barely cracked. So, I'll just read it over the coming weeks/months and then hopefully be all ready to go once I'm done BFing.

Hi country! I need to take a before pic too...and still need to measure my belly. Ugh the sugar struggle is real, isn't it?! I'm also a sucker for easter candy, specifically mini cadbury eggs. Also ice cream :blush: I'm allowing it for now until my clearance to exercise, then it's all going as I'm definitely a cold turkey kind of chick. Hopefully this all goes down monday.

I'll tell y'all now my biggest struggle will be getting enough sleep. Crappy, chopped up sleep always kills my weight loss efforts and that's about all I get right now...

Country blonde: love that you are 46 weeks pregnant according to your signature :haha: amusing ;)

I have yet to come out of my sweat pants, my maternity pants were quite comfortable too, however I looked at my belly in the mirror this morning: I may not have to go back to them..

We'll, I better post now: it's taken me 24 hours to write this little bit

Hey! I would like to join too! 3rd baby fat seems to be holding on a lot harder. I'm 5'6" and 124lbs pre baby #3. Ideally I think I'd like to be in the 130 range but muscle. I told hubby after we were completely done have kids that I would get in shape and tone again.

I haven't weighed myself since having my daughter but I know I'm way over where I want to be. I do know that my body does tend to hold on to an extra 10lbs or so while i am breastfeeding.

I was 165 at the end of my pregnancy. And I LOVED sweets this time around which I'm sure attributes to the belly fat. Also my biggest bummer post partum is my butt always goes away and I like my butt .

I've started walking but i am having a hugely hard time cutting out the sugar again. I'm starting by weaning my sugar out of my coffee.. I figure baby steps are good. And once our awful Canadian winter is over I will be outside alot more. And as much as I'd love to go to a gym it's almost impossible with 3 kids.

I took this picture yesterday.. progress pics seem to help because pictures show more than it feels like sometimes.View attachment 1055955

Country I forgot if I asked you what province you are from?

I'm in my biggest pair of maternity jeans and living in leggings lol. My Pre-preg jeans seem so far away

Wait does that make 3 Canadians? From bc here!

Gigs, dang those cadbury mini chocolate Easter eggs... Although DH and I usually don't buy them until they are on clearance after Easter :haha: oh and McDonalds should have the mcflurry out soon. Bad timing... Chocolate will be my killer...

Wait...mcdonalds got RID of the mcflurry?! When??? I've been craving one really badly recently, despite ice cream in my fridge. Something about crunching through some m&m's whilst enjoying creamy ice cream....*drool*

I might have to get mcdonalds on monday after my appointment as my last hoorah.

Gigs, the Cadbury Easter egg mcflurry... They only do that one until Easter. ;)

I'm the same with the Easter chocolate; only buying it on clearance. But I guess I'll be buy a bit for my son from now on. lol

And I'm from just outside Toronto.

WAIT WHAT IT'S A CADBURRY MCFLURRY?!!!!!! Ok mind officially blown.

I almost hooked up with a guy in Toronto. I got cock blocked by a drunk friend. It was loads of fun though, my time there...I also enjoyed Montreal but Quebec city has my heart. Also the best calzone I've ever had ever.

Cadbury cream egg mcflurry.. amazing and terrible.. I am a sucker for the cadbury cream eggs and always eat way to many of them!

I'm north of Toronto. Lots of canadians here!

And ticker wise I never remember to change/remove them.. 46weeks pregnant would be hell on earth..hahaha

Giggle where are you from??

Lol!!! Well heck if we can't drool over treats on a thread of recently pregnant ladies, where can we?! Anyway I am less excited knowing it's the cream eggs and not mini eggs. But I still want an m&m mcflurry... today is my last day of indulgence! I hope anyway...appointment this afternoon...hope i get cleared! I'm still not officially 6 weeks until Saturday.

Lol, true that! I do hope and wish you all the joy for that mcflurry! :haha: I was at the gas station today which is right next to the Mcdonalds In our town. Except, you can't get from the gas station to the mcDs because of barriers. The only way out of the gas station and to the restaurant is a huge long detour around the mall.. at that point I gave up. Nor do I like taking the truck through their drive-in, it's almost too tight because of those mentioned barriers and I like my truck :haha:

Don't over do it! I am amazed with how much stuff you are already up to after your csection! You are power mom :) i definitely did a lot less after mine....

Eh I've been pretty lazy actually. Also I had a kink in my plans (involving taking a certain stray dog to the spca shelter) so I was unable to get my mcflurry :( I still may go get it later, we'll see.

My appointment went well though and I am cleared to "ease back into things"! First thing's first, I think I'm going to incorporate a simple arm exercise into my bedtime routine. I am going to try and record an official starting weight and measurements tomorrow.

Hello all! :hi:

I'd like to join. I am currently 18 wks pregnant with #2. So not quite to post partum but know that watching my weight now will make it easier to come off later!

Pre-pregnancy wt: 195 lbs
Current wt @ 18 wks: 191. (Lost 7 lbs in the 1st trimester so typically I spend the 2nd trimester gaining it back. Lol)
Goal wt postpartum: 180-185lbs. (I would love to be lower but feel this is more realistic for me right now!)

I gained 16 lbs with baby #1 and she came out almost 9 lbs, so I dropped to 180 very quickly after her because like you Gigs - when I'm postpartum/breastfeeding I seem to lose all appetite. I was at 180 10 days after birth, and was at 211 day of birth.

This time I am a little more concerned as I will not be even attempting to breastfeed (it did not work well for baby #1 and I, and caused me awful postpartum anxiety), so I want to start on a starting to eat better plan now. :) I'm not super tiny so significant wt gain is not truly necessary. My hope is to remain at about a 20 lb gain it less! We shall see!!

Good luck ladies! I look forward to reading all of your tips and tricks!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->