A long term weight loss thread

Sorry I've been gone, been super busy!

Cews what a lovely thing to come back and read! You are doing awesome and I am happy to be a part of your journey :hugs: and look! You have lost more weight than yoi have weight left to lose! All the while still being able to indulge in food here and there. Way to go :hugs:

Pl good luck with the workouts! I'm with Fluek, definitely not doing any core exercise over here...

I finally got down past 174 but barely. I'll see what the scale says in the morning and try to uodate my ticker accordingly. Meanwhile I am contending with crappy sleep from baby and no time to get my walks in. I am a "youtuber" and hubby and inare starting a new channel related to disc golf. I was esiting footage yesterday and it was tough to watch. I'm usually behind the camera or in control of it so I know my more flattering angles...hubby was just taking some candid footage and...yikes. It was hard to watch for me. I am jist not comfortable in my skin yet. It feels both discouraging and motivating at the same time. I hope I can get where you are cews!!!

Girl you have this! Just keep going and try not to get too discouraged! I am so short that any extra weight on me you can always see. Im all of 5'3" and my torso is sooooo short. I hate it but it is what it is! PM me with your YT handle and Ill subscribe!

Gigs, how you have time for all that is beyond me with 3 kids! Hats off to you!
I hear you on not feeling great in your own skin.
As mentioned in our other thread, L now has a soccer ball, while we are kicking it around I was trying to sneak in some squats and lunges. I did attempt to get past brisk jog but definitely need a more supportive bra first. Hahaha my literal milk jugs are prohibitive of a good run.
On the other hand, I am finally starting to feel like a normal woman again, playing and running with my kids.

I am proud of you ladies for reaching or being close to your goals!

Was 173 today. I can't wait for the 160's! Ds1 is off school for the week, back for one month then homeschooling begins...at least we can incorporate some walks into our day. He loves going on his scooter so i need to find paths around here...

Pl i don't know how i do it either. I stay busy, which means a lot of unfinished projects. My hubby is amazing though so he helps with the kids so i can keep up with stuff...to a degree!

I'm a huge loner though so don't have many friend obligations to tend to. My hobbies tend to be solo things. That helps lol

Good job fluek! They say the slower the loss, the harder the gain.

I planned a fondue outting with some family and a friend (ladies only!) which I Thought was for NEXT sunday...was hoping I'd be in the 160's by then. But oops it's actually for three days from now!

BUT i am 170.6 this morning! Either my body or my scale is so weird. It holds on to weight then dumps pounds at a time. I was 174.6 for 2-3 week then this past week got to 170.6...? I don't even know.

Anyway hope I can get down that .8lbs (scale goes by .2's) by Sunday! And also that fondue doesn't totally sabatoge my weight loss efforts!

Also I'm like 5lbs away from winning my $100 weight loss bet with MIL!

Great job gigs! I'd say enjoy your fondue outing and try to stay on track the rest of the week. We are having V's party Saturday. Pizza and cake so that'll be a bad day for my diet but it's okay. Yay for getting close to winning weight loss challenge. Has MIL lost some at least?

I'm honestly not sure. I don't thinks so though :( maybe a lb or 2. Honestly I can see her being the type of person to get a lap band surgery in the end

Spent the day at the beach with my mom! Took some photos of her and my boys and had her take some of me and my babies since I am ALWAYS behind the camera! I love these babies so much!

Ive been bad all week but my weight is still at 160 so I am thrilled! I haven't worked out at all this week!

IMG_4994.JPG

Cews that's such a cute picture! It looks like you had it professionally done they way you all are dressed alike.

Weight purge continues....170 this morning. So close to the next milestone ahhhh

Gigs woohoo you are on a roll!! My clothes aren't as tight which is such a good feeling. I still have a ways to go. Once I reach 160 I'll put goal of 150 on my ticker.

Cews you look fantastic!! I agree it looks professional. So glad you were able to maintain :)

Thank you all! I just handed my mom the camera and had her take the picture! I am a photographer which stinks because I don't have a ton of pictures of me. It was such a dreary day and so foggy but the pictures came out so well!

Congrats Giggle for 170! So close!

Fluek yay non-scale results!!! That's awesome.

Cews I was just lamenting the same fact the other day. When I was in my teens/early twenties, when cameras on cell phones wasn't really a thing, i brought my cameras everywhere! There are several cases where i was at parties for social events with hubs long before we even remotely considered each other dating material. We barely talked. We even went on a group beach trip together. But i was always behind the lens...really wish i had some pics of us at least in the same photo. How cool would that have been to have now? Oh well i suppose!

Lol I know what you mean! I don't have a ton of pictures of me and DH together either! Lots of each other!

So, I did pretty bad for the last 3 weeks! Lol! I only worked out 3 times. One week of being sick, then working out for 3 days, then my mom came into town and everything went out the window! On the plus side I am still at 160.9! Lol! For as bad as I ate I can't believe I am still at 160. Back to my workouts today. I hope to be in the 150's by the end of the week. I honestly can tell that I have eaten like crap as I don't feel as energetic as normal.

SW: 185/186
LW:160.9
WN: 160.4

EDIT: Im actually 160.4! So I managed to lose .5LBS eating like crap! lol!

Last edited:
Wow, you ladies are on a roll for weightloss!

Cews love the picture, it came out so well!

Gigs, my DH is the "kid" who hates his picture taken so we don't have a lot together either...L likes his picture taken, especially the seeing it after portion ;)

We've been extremely busy, between chasing sheep (does that count as a workout?), Potty training the older one, and our cat getting attacked by a raccoon to finish off last week. The cat was very very lucky to walk away from the raccoon! They are nasty..
Today is my birthday, so I'll definitely enjoy some treats ;)

Happy Birthday Pacific! Hope it’s a great one!

Thank you Cews! Sorry I meant to answer 2 days ago.. but life!

To sum it up: potty training ds1 and transitioned him into toddler bed while having an almost 4 month old in the house.

Pacific happy belated birthday!

AFM no gain or loss from last week. Not bad considering i had pizza 3 days and birthday cake for 4 days. We are going to eat at a Japanese place Saturday but no other bad days forecasted this week.

Happy birthday pl! What foods did you indulge in?

Yay for no gain during food indulgence! I did not have as much luck. I'm back to 170 and can't budge the scale again. Hopefully this means it'll stick then 5lbs will drop of in another week or two again lol

Pretty sure i just have a shit scale!

Anyway that fondue was totalky wirth it :haha:

Not sure what's going on with my body but for the first time in my life I have hemorrhoids (No straining, backed up, etc) and no clue how I got them. Then Wednesday I ended up pulling a muscle or ligament in my ribs so I skipped yesterday and somehow in 2 1/2 days managed to put on 2lbs. My period isn't even for another week so unless that is coming early I am at al loss. Im also exhausted because DS#2 is going through so keep issues where he's waking up 1 1/2 hours earlier and waking up in the night. Poor DH is just as tired as me.

Im going to go stay with my parents for a month since DH has to leave to teach so I have to drive to Las Vegas (about 5 hours away) to catch a flight from there. Me, my 2 toddlers and a yorkie... Im so crazy. I swore up and down I would never fly by myself with both boys. It was horrible last time. Oh well. What I do for my family. Lol.

Its just been one of those weeks.

Weighed this moening and somehow down to 168.8 so eating my words earlier :p

Cews ugh sorry it's been such a rough week. You are brave to attempt that travel arrangement! Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. At least having extra hands for a month may be helpful/enjoyable, hopefully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->