A long term weight loss thread

Cews I'm totally amazed and jealous you didn't have them when you were pregnant. I had them both pregnancies and horribly with my youngest. Prep H and tucks pads really help. Kind of a gross question but are your stools hard or soft? Even if you go everyday if stools are hard can cause them. Sitting on toilet too long even if not straining can do it as well. So maybe just try a stool softner??

Weight gain could still just be fluid retention during lp. Sorry for sleep issues :(

Ugh I don't want to imagine traveling with 2 LOs by myself. It'll be worth it though.

Gigs I also lost from yesterday, was curious as I don't have much of an appetite right now. I know it could be much worse than a cold but it's really annoying right now.

Cews I'm totally amazed and jealous you didn't have them when you were pregnant. I had them both pregnancies and horribly with my youngest. Prep H and tucks pads really help. Kind of a gross question but are your stools hard or soft? Even if you go everyday if stools are hard can cause them. Sitting on toilet too long even if not straining can do it as well. So maybe just try a stool softner??

Weight gain could still just be fluid retention during lp. Sorry for sleep issues :(

Ugh I don't want to imagine traveling with 2 LOs by myself. It'll be worth it though.

Gigs I also lost from yesterday, was curious as I don't have much of an appetite right now. I know it could be much worse than a cold but it's really annoying right now.

I know! I was surprised I didn't get them. I do use the Prep H but honestly it makes me itch SOOO badly that it almost wasn't worth it. I do use it at night only because of this. I use witch hazel and TMI to help garlic suppositories. I honestly think the garlic is helping the most. They don't hurt but they itch so badly. My stools are about regular... not hard nor over soft. Well, I did have a lot of soft stool today but I had a bit of a stomach ache last night so I think this is why.

I know I must be crazy. DH will be gone for 3 weeks to Guam and then Japan so thats the ONLY reason I am going home to see my family. I will be there for 31 days this time just to make it worth it. Truthfully, I am not looking forward to it at all. I just don't want to be gone for that long but its good for my boys to see family they never get to see. The big downfall of being a military family.

Im hoping its just fluid since I haven't eaten badly at all this week. Im just at a loss. I ate horrible last week and lost and this week I am eating better and gained. lol! I cant wait to see the 150's and want to be at 155 before I go to my moms. I have until July 17th so its doable but Ive been at 160 for 3 weeks now.

So yea, that was weird. Woke up at 162.7 and an hour later was 163.4. As always I weighted myself pre-workout and was back down to 160.6. I did have to pee a lot and I did have two #2's. The only thing I can think of is that the hemorrhoids backed me up some. Post workout was 159.4. I really hope Mondays weigh-in will have me firmly in the 150's. I think I have an addiction to my scale. J/K but I weigh myself a few times a day during the week. No clue why as I know its going to jump up in the morning and back down in the afternoon.

My 35th birthday is next Friday... honestly I have no idea how I am 35 already. It's crazy. Will put me in the geriatric pregnancy if we have another. LOL!!!!!

Hmm is it your body or scale messing with you? :-k lol yay happy birthday! Any plans?
Did you meet your hubby before or after he joined the military? You are strong. I don't think i coukd handle that lifestyle. Not just him away but the adjustment after his return...the shake up in the routine i guess i mean. Is that part difficult?

Hmm is it your body or scale messing with you? :-k lol yay happy birthday! Any plans?
Did you meet your hubby before or after he joined the military? You are strong. I don't think i coukd handle that lifestyle. Not just him away but the adjustment after his return...the shake up in the routine i guess i mean. Is that part difficult?

It was my body! I actually started 8 days early and it explains everything! UGH!!!

I met him actually when I was going into the Navy. I did everything but sign the papers but I knew there was something special about him so I decided to join the Air Force instead. It does take a lot to be in the military and to be a spouse. I will never downplay the sacrifices I have to make all the time. I am big on family and it hurts to be away from everyone. Right now I live in California and my family is mostly in Louisiana. Hubby's family is in New York and Florida. Thankfully with the position that he's in at the moment (another 1 1/2 years) he won't Deploy but he's gone for weeks at a time every month or so. Im used to deployments due to our second base before kids because he was gone every 6-10 month for 6-8 months. 6 years and I think we spend about 4 1/2 of them apart. It was crazy! Post kid(s) he was deployed to Africa for 4 months but I spent most of that at my parents to give them that time with DS#1. Is it for everyone? No, but I love this life because I LOVE to travel and I don't like to be in the same place for more than a few years. Not sure what we're going to do when he retires in a couple of years. No clue where we are going to go either. Yes, when he comes home its an adjustment because you get so use to your other half being gone. I miss being able to just get up and go and do whatever I wanted. Honestly, kids make me feel the same way! Lol.

Im not sure what I am going to do for my Birthday. Im not big on celebrating my birthdays. I loath being the center of attention. Its part of my Anxiety. Its the reason I got into Photography... It makes me put myself out there. Not sure if we will go out to eat or if I will make my favorite Cajun Linguini with Shrimp and garlic toast.

Here's to hoping you'll have all the freedoms back soon! Kids definitely are a hiderance in that department. Anywho it's not for me but i can absolutely see the appeal of aspects of it, like the travel.

Not looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow. Im so bloated.... Ugh. I have a feeling I am going to be up a pound.

Hope you'll be pleasantly surprised! I haven't weighed in a couple days myself because of period...but i might tomorrow. I was 4.6lbs away from winning my bet! I hope I can get there by the end of the month. If I stop eating out on weekends (which I didn't do this weekend but may tonight) I just might be able to...especially if i can incorporate some exercise back into my routine...

I know it’s period bloating but I’m up 1.2lbs. Ugh. Oh well. I just feel like I’ve been at 160/161 for weeks. I have been stuck but it’s ok. Once my period ends I’ll be good. First time really gaining since I started this diet and it’s only a pound.

SW: 185/186
LW:160.4
WN: 161.6

Edited to add: And... back down to 160.9.... Ugh!!! Bloating and water retention... I knew it would be up and down due to :witch: but seriously its frustrating.... Im sure once the week is over I'll be at 159.

Last edited:
Well, I now know for sure its water weight because I just lost 1 1/2lbs in an hour on the bike. Started at 161.0 and ended at 159.5.

It was a really good workout. 26.5 miles with 545 total calories burned and 455 active calories. HR average 155+.

Tonight I am having steam baked Tilapia with asparagus and squash with cajun seasoning. I might add some mushrooms too. Yum!!! Tilapia is one of the few fish I can eat without being sick after. Apparently, I am allergic to Salmon as it makes me sick EVERYTIME I eat it! Anyone else have a weird allergy like that?

Wow look at that progress! It's such a huge difference! Hmm you've inspired me to take a progress pic myself. I just found a couple of "starting" photos on my phone although i'm not sure what my weight was in them...

What scale do you have again? Mine sucks. It doesn't pick up subtle fluctuations. I'm again "stuck" at a number, now it's 168.8.

Wow look at that progress! It's such a huge difference! Hmm you've inspired me to take a progress pic myself. I just found a couple of "starting" photos on my phone although i'm not sure what my weight was in them...

What scale do you have again? Mine sucks. It doesn't pick up subtle fluctuations. I'm again "stuck" at a number, now it's 168.8.

Its the FitBit Aria Scale. Honestly I only bought it because it synced up with my fitbit but now I use Apple and its just a scale. Honestly, it takes so long to reset to zero that it drives me nuts but its still a good scale. Ive had it for about 4 years.

Do the pictures! Even if you don't post them you can always go back and look at the difference! Its a great motivator.

Todays morning weight is 159.2!!!!! Much more true to where I realistically thought I would be! Now if I can just wake up to 159 for the next few days I will officially count it as my weight!

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I just got down with my workout and it sucked so bad. Its so hot and humid that I was done in the first 12 minutes. Finished it and saw a # I haven't seen on a scale since 2014!!!

157.7!!!

:loopy::loopy::loopy::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Ugh I ate too much dinner... I did my take on CheeseSteak Quesadillas.

Shaved Beef
Jalapeños
Bell Peppers
Yellow Onion
Packet of Italian Seasoning (dry dressing mix)
Shredded Pepperjack
Shredded Provolone
Low calorie tortillas

Soooo good and so filling!

Woohoo for 157!!! Wow I hope I can get back there soon myself!

Fluek I will try to get pics this weekend in the same shirt. I don't see much progress myself except for in my cheeks. My face is far from "thin" but definitely thinning out :) I'll take it lol

Woohoo 167.2 this morning! Hey cews maybe I'll catch up to you haha

Congrats cews!! Your progression pics are great. I think I'll do some when I lose 10 lbs. I was 193 once I really started trying so maybe in 2 weeks.

Gigs yay!! You aren't too far behind.

AFM I weighed but not my official weigh in until tomorrow. I was 186 :)

You are both doing fantastic! Giggle, your honestly not too far behind me! Thats amazing! Still at 159 but just barely! Kinda figured after so much food last night. Just need to stay low for Mondays weigh-in.

Im trying to lose as much as possible before I go to my moms next month for an entire month. I know I won't be as active working out and will be eating a lot more unhealthy foods. They do have an exercise bike but its in my parents room so Im not sure I will be able to work out as much. I might try to do 30-45 minutes a day instead of my hour and try walking in the evenings. I just don't want to fall too far off track.

Best if someone joins you, could you walk the kids in strollers with you mom?

Heck yah Fluek! Maybe it'll be even lower tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->