A long term weight loss thread

Talk about a work out for legs and core: ride without a saddle! My instructor let me do it on a particular horse every once in a while.. on the canter, she felt as comfortable as a rocking chair without a saddle!

Clothing: I have a few years experience now with online shopping for clothes. I have found that I need to be honest with myself and my size and that it depends on the brand too. But usually in the small to medium range fits.
After ds1 was born, DH was itching to see me in some "nice clothes" again. So he went online and ordered 2 dresses. He knows my style and what looks good on me, so that's why I let him get away with that stuff (I will full on admit that I know nothing of fashion, jeans and t-shirt suits me!) When the dresses arrived, the poor guy had ordered XL!! He thought that post pregnancy I may need a larger size even though he saw the pounds fly off me with nursing... I laughed so hard...I could have worn a sack and looked better.

I'm in the polar vortex right now wish we could have spring soon!

Glad you were able to ride! Bareback will get you in shape in no time! Hope you don't get sore!
I'm so guilty I been cheating all week and easter chocolate is not making it any easier [-X

Yea at least if they have a good return policy it's not as bad! Oh Dh! They mean well !

Last edited:
I love riding bareback! Except the slune in the crotch i dealt with on my horse. He was a little older...you know how they get.

Ah pl well at least you're not a typical woman who would be offended by that! Did he have good taste at least?

I'm up 2 lbs from yesterday :roll: this is why I don't record weight changes unless they stick for a couple days! Too much fluctuation. Not sure if it's me or my very old scale though...

It's been 15+ years since I did the bareback thing... DH and I honeymooned in st. Lucia a few years back and I wanted to do the carribbean bareback horseback riding experience on the beach into the water. I felt so sorry for the horses, some were lame, and all of them were so skinny. Here they would have been a case where the humane society gets involved. That was the only negative part of that trip! If we had known, we would not have done that excursion. Sore crotch from our 10 minutes of bareback too.

Gigs: did you weigh yourself at the same time of the day? Between fluid intake and food and the clothes on your back, you'll make a huge difference. I have always weighed myself in the morning, before getting dressed, after first bathroom stop for consistency. Definitely switch the battery on the scale.. ours will keep reporting the last accurate weight it took before it decides that the battery is dead. Took me a while to clue in when DH and I were around the same weight within 5-10 lbs and it kept showing me dhs weight...

Hubby has excellent taste! He knows what clothes make the right body parts stand out on me :haha: hence my surprise on the XL dresses!

Yes same, always in the morning after the bathroom however these days i'm in pj's. Still that would not account for the difference I don't think. Meh, i'm not worried unless i see no change over a week or so. I'll take your advice and investigate the battery situation though...

Hi and good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Did really well all week and then slacked off a bit over the weekend. Paid for it today! Still did my one hour ride but I struggled a lot today. I did notice though that my hips were so sore all weekend but that could have had something to do with the witch.

Thanks Bev!

Cews I'm there with ya. I think because my activity level is up, my appetite is up too :/ probably ate way too much sugar today. I did finish in a high note with sautéed spinach and chicken.

Sorry I’m so mia. Ladies in Gen Chat know my life is a chaotic mess rn lol

I am bummed because my protein powder has helped me control my appetite and my mood is better, but my weight hasn’t changed in 2.5 weeks. I’m watching my calories, still eating junk though because no time to cook. I do try to keep an eye on the fats and carbs but ultimately I’m microwaving all my meals rn. I did start walking the dogs on non rainy days . I just can’t believe I haven’t lost a single oz :(. And I wish I could blame the scale but both my moms and mine agree.

Bummer Dobs :( hopefully walking the doggies helps.

I'm failing over here too. I underestimated the effects of dealing with a not quite 2yo and infant would have on my weight loss efforts. Food is getting me through the day right now (ie sugar and caffeine). The weather has been so cold and damp that walking outside with two young kids isn't a good idea yet. I hope when things warm up this will get easier! Exercise curbs my appetite too so it can all only help!

Sorry I’m so mia. Ladies in Gen Chat know my life is a chaotic mess rn lol

I am bummed because my protein powder has helped me control my appetite and my mood is better, but my weight hasn’t changed in 2.5 weeks. I’m watching my calories, still eating junk though because no time to cook. I do try to keep an eye on the fats and carbs but ultimately I’m microwaving all my meals rn. I did start walking the dogs on non rainy days . I just can’t believe I haven’t lost a single oz :(. And I wish I could blame the scale but both my moms and mine agree.

Sorry to butt in here but i was once warned when I started protein powder that it can make you gain or not lose weight if you are taking too much. I'm not implying you are tho just wanted to throw that out there if it helps if not bygones.

im totally off the wagon every time I try... Seems that my lo is teething early - she's 10 weeks old tomorrow. She's crying constantly and fussing, drooling, eating her hands (actually gave herself a hickey on her wrist) and I have to trick her at times to take the boob cause I know she's hungry but won't always eat and is hardly napping. So what little time I have during the day to eat I'm throwing a tv dinner in the microwave or shovelling tapioca into my mouth :dohh:

Im sorry you ladies are having a harder time then you thought! I literally just walk around my house for 30-60 minutes to get my 7000 steps in! My 4 year old has started mimicking me too. It so funny! lol. I have done my bike ride every week day so far and only slacked off over the weekend. Its not easy but I am DETERMINED to lose this weight! So far I am down about 2lbs in about 10 days so I am thrilled with that! I did make some easy breakfast (really lunch) meals called overnight protein oats. Simple and chocolaty and fulfills my sugar/sweet cravings.

• ¼ c (25g) old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
  • ½ c (120g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
  • ¼ c (60mL) nonfat milk
  • 2 tbsp (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2-3 tsp (9-14g) Truvia (or other sweetener), to taste

1. Add all of the ingredients in the order that they’re listed to a mason jar or container with a tight-fitting lid. Stir to combine. Screw on the lid, and refrigerate the oats overnight or at least 8 hours.

Notes: The oats will keep for up to 4 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Seriously so good and so easy and its about 200-300 calories depending on what yogurt (I use Danon Fit and Light and Almond milk nonfat vanilla) and I make 2 serving for 2 days.

Im still eating eggs like crazy and granny smith apples with a tbs of creamy peanut butter! Lots and lots of salads but if I have a craving I will indulge as smartly as I can. We are doing tacos tonight so I am doing a taco salad with lots of cabbage and less chips.

Well done on your steps! That's so funny your 4 year old is mimicking you! ❤️

You're doing great :)

Cews you just reminded me i bought peanut butter! I was going to use it to help with the chocolate cravings.

I still have ice cream in my house and I don't think i'll manage to not eat them until they're all eaten :haha:

Molly sorry about your little one! I had early teethers too. My first was about 4-5 months when he started and the second was 3 months. They say if they teeth early they'll lose them early, too. That has definitely been true for ds1.

Gigs yes! I feel like we are soul mothers lol. Mombie mode makes caffeine and sugary food hard to resist. Sometimes it’s the only way I can stay awake long enough to get through the day.

Mollymoon totally not butting it at all. I appreciate the input because I was wondering if the powder had something to do with it. I didn’t research what is in it. I did one of those quizzes and just accepted the results lol. It’s like 2/3 micellar casein protein and 1/3 whey protein. It has a measuring scoop. I just follow the directions (1 scoop in the am with 8 oz of fat free milk). But idk how much the scoop is or any real quantities. But I did say I wanted to lose weight which is why it’s so heavy in micellar, a slow digesting protein to curb my appetite. BUT to be fair idk how teething and being work because I pumped and A was a late fanger.

So sorry you’re having trouble making food for yourself! How is her weight gain? My son would drink my milk and not want more or less, but he was still hungry. The problem is that at that age, they judge fullness by volume in their belly. So his belly was full, but he wasn’t actually satiated. He was barely gaining and fussing a ton. Turned out that he was growing super fast and needed extra calories, so I had to fortify my milk with formula to give him the extra calories he needed.

Cews oooo my friend swears by overnight oats! She foes the fasting then wakes up to a bowl of it. Glad it and the in home exercise are working! And how cute that your 4 year old is mimicking

Weighted myself tonight and I gained .5 lb. So that’s just the kick in the vag when I'm already down that I needed this week r_r

Those overnight oats sound delicious! I could definitely do that!

Careful with peanut butter, yes high in protein, but also high in fat. I have used it in the past to put weight ON (among other things to help the skinny boy - my dog...)

I am not doing well for food choices, sugar and carbs get me through the day. ... 11pm here. Time for another diaper and feed. Hopefully sleep until 4 pm

I'll be careful with the pb! In my experience full fat things actually help me lose as they are satisfying and keep me full longer. Heavy cream in my coffe is my fave though. Also a spoon of pb beats an entire klondike bar so...

And the added sugars. But sounds like you’re not going to town on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->