A long term weight loss thread

Pl i wonder what brands those are...i wish they just made pants like mens', by inches instead of some arbitrary measurement.

And dang woman I had no idea how thin you were/are!

Cews good job on the weight loss!!! You're definitely winning this thread so far :haha:

Molly hope you'll be pleasantly surprised...!

Pl i wonder what brands those are...i wish they just made pants like mens', by inches instead of some arbitrary measurement.

And dang woman I had no idea how thin you were/are!

Cews good job on the weight loss!!! You're definitely winning this thread so far :haha:

Molly hope you'll be pleasantly surprised...!

Haha thank you! Lol! I am working my a$$ off to lose this baby weight that I gained in 2014/2015 and then added on to in 2018. Pre baby I was about 140lbs so I have a ways to go.

Cews that’s so awesome!!!!

I love being in this era of YouTube and the internet. But I need a person in front of me to get motivated/ be held accountable lol. So usually workout videos only happen once or twice before I lose interest.

I did finally start to see weight change. I’m about a week into keto with one cheat day on Pi Day. There were TWENTY pies at school just for staff and 50 for the classes. Ffs. I caved lol. But I have dropped a couple lbs finally. So that’s a nice feeling.

I’ve also swapped my morning coffee for morning green tea.

And for those not in Gen Chat, I was diagnosed with PCOS and prediabetes so now this weight loss plan is about more than just my desire to feel good and now about health. So that helps when I want to just give up.

Dobs that's great news about the weight loss! Any recipes you want to share?

I don’t really have recipes haha. I just wake up and have bacon and eggs and my protein shake. Lunch is leftover dinner (I cook two portions). And it’s just whatever meat I feel like with some seasoning cooked with butter and garlic. I haven’t nailed down my sides yet because the veggies I have are high carb and tbh I’d rather skip the sides and have wine haha. So def not balanced but I figure I can slowly start to add the veggies back in after my two week reset

Ive decided the weekends are my take it easy days. I don't "have" to work out or follow my diet as closely. These are my relax and go with it days. If I can eat healthy I will but I just wont be forcing myself.

The scale was 136 for a split second then went back to 138. So I guess I have not gained nor
lost. Keep on truckin I guess

Good work to you guys tho!

I'm happy to sat my ducks are laying again! It's been months. I am excited for hard boiled duck eggs --they're the best!

Cews I hope you have success doing that without messing up your progress. Gl to ya!

Molly better than gaining! No shame in that.

Gigs, jealous on the duck eggs! At this point DH doesn't even want to continue with keeping our sheep, let alone get poultry again :( DH would be happy if i gave the sheep away.
I get his side, we do want to start traveling probably in a year or two again, and animals just make it harder. Definitely easier to find a caretaker for dogs and cats...

Good job ladies on weight loss and maintenance. I am doing a weigh-in this coming weekend. Curious to see what it's at .

No real loss or gain over the weekend. I did put on .4lbs but I know thats because of Sunday! DH and I had a few drinks and some not so healthy food but back on track today. Did a little extra workout to make up for it so Im not too concerned about it. I know that if I don't let myself take it easy every so often I will lose my mind.

I'll probably do anther 16/18 hour fast this week to get my body back on track. I want to do this once or twice a week. Basically no food from 7pm until 11am/1pm the next day. I can have all the liquids I want but no solids. It helped me last time I tried it so it should help jumpstart my body again.

Anyone have any good meals to share? Im looking for easy and healthy low calorie meals.

I like easy oven fajitas without the tortillas since its lots of veggies and chicken... I do like to double the seasoning though since its never enough, or go the other route and just buy the prepackaged seasoning and use 2 packs.

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins

INGREDIENTS
FAJITA SEASONING
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder($0.30)
  • 1/2 Tbsp paprika($0.15)
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder($0.05)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder($0.03)
  • 1/4 tsp cumin ($0.03)
  • 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper ($0.02)
  • 1 tsp sugar ($0.02)
  • 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
FAJITAS
  • 2 small or 1 large onion ($0.37)
  • 3 bell peppers, any color ($3.98)
  • 1 lb. chicken breast* ($1.99)
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil ($0.08)
  • 1 medium lime ($0.33)
  • 8 6-inch tortillas ($0.57)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (optional) ($0.50)
  • 1/4 bunch cilantro (optional) ($0.23)
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the spices for the fajita seasoning in a small bowl and set aside (chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt).
  • Cut the onion and bell peppers into 1/4-inch wide strips. Place them in a large 13x15-inch casserole dish or a large baking sheet. Slice the chicken breast into very thin strips and add it to the casserole dish with the vegetables.
  • Drizzle the vegetable oil over the chicken and vegetables, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning mix over top. Use your hands to toss the ingredients until everything is well coated in oil and seasoning. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring once half way through. Squeeze the juice from half of the lime over top of the meat and vegetables after they come out of the oven.
  • While the fajita mix bakes, toast each tortilla in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, until lightly browned on each side. Scoop a small amount of meat and vegetables into the center of each tortilla. Top with a few sprigs of cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, and an extra squeeze of lime if desired.

Last edited:
I always forget about fajitas and sautéed veggies in general. Thanks for mentioning that!

My next goal is to try and make those Vietnamese fresh rolls with the rice paper and peanut sauce. I am having trouble finding bean sprouts...

Recipes sounds yummy! Now if only you could come to my place... I'm better at baking desserts:haha: lol

Ive come to the conclusion that I am not losing cause of stress.

I've never had duck eggs before what are they like?

Oooo Gigs does that mean more videos?!

Molly I echo Gigs on the weight fxed you see change soon!

Cew oooo I was thinking this as well. I heard if the carb reload day. When I go to my parents it is so hard to stay keto.

Speaking of which a carb heavy weekend has me back up to 151.9 T-T. Soooooo f*

Also this authenticating thing is annoying

Molly, I am right there with you on being better at baking ...

Dobs, sorry to hear you gained, but you also had a rather eventful weekend. Can't blame you.

Stress isn't good for weightless...

Molly: duck eggs are a bit richer in all the good stuff a chicken egg has and higher in the good cholesterol too. Personally I prefer duck eggs over chicken eggs for my baking as they make the baked good fluffier/lighter. For frying them up: I have found them easier to over cook and get a rubbery texture, but that solution is simple (don't overcook ;) ) but have a very similar taste to a free range chicken egg with a slightly richer taste.
Because they can be significantly larger then chicken eggs, I have cut the amount of eggs some of my recipes require down when using duck eggs. Also, a lot of people that can't have chicken eggs due to allergies or food intolerance, can have duck eggs.

Did my fast today! Post workout was 179.7! Been a while since I saw the 170's so that made me happy! I might do another fast Friday.

Im thinking about trying to make cauliflower pizza this weekend. My MIL made it once and I hated it but I think its because it was still pretty wet. I might try and make it thinner to see if it will crisp up better. Anyone make this before? I need to find some good low calorie/carb instant pot meals.

Recipes sounds yummy! Now if only you could come to my place... I'm better at baking desserts:haha: lol

Ive come to the conclusion that I am not losing cause of stress.

I've never had duck eggs before what are they like?

I love cooking and baking! The only thing I stink at is breads but I bought a bread machine and voila! I can make bread! lol...

Cews, my brother and his GF made the cauliflower flower pizza once: they consensus was never again! It was horrible according to them.

Good job on the weight!!

As for bread, I was horrible at it too. My baguette may have been compared to a baseball bat at one point. Then I switched to using fresh yeast instead of the dried stuff from the jar and had success. I also then made my own sourdough starter for rye breads and had good success with that until I got too busy and my starter went bad. Lol seems like I just can't do anything with bought dried yeast...

Pl is spot on about duck eggs.

Cews i made cauliflower bread sticks once. The taste was good but the sticks stuck to the aluminum foil because the recipe never mentioned you had to spray it. The foil stuck to the bottoms so we had to carefully scrape it off. Annoying enough to turn us off making it again after and then I forgot about it...

Last edited:
I love making bread by hand! Ive learned some invaluable things about making it. Too bad about the carbs for me I hardly make it any more
-only use melted real butter instead of oil in the dough

- use honey for the yeast, no sugar, it makes for a tender crust

-I will only knead for 10mins exactly. - Something about that... I got that advice it has not failed me once.. I use quick yeast. A non experienced kneader could get away with 15 mins of kneading

I agree! Hand kneading does something different to a dough. It's the only way I'll make my apple pie crust for example.

So I started doing some research into early post partum work outs. They all turn into take it easy and all kinds of warnings especially when breastfeeding. Bfing takes calcium out of our bones which can lead to stress fractures in weakened bones when doing anything high impact.
I suspect now that when I was bfing ds1 I was taking away from my bone mass. I went down to 120 lbs and had no muscle. Last time I was at that weight was when super fit, running, competing with multiple dogs in agility and racing dragon boats... I had a sick pack to give you an idea of my fitness level without ever hitting the gym.
Still taking that information with a grain of salt since it came from the internet but will ask a physical therapist (we have a very knowledgeable one in the family) when she comes to visit end of May. Until then I am also leaving the core alone from anything big and ask her to assess it. I mean it took 9 months to change my body, it probably won't bounce back that fast either. Kegel excercises until then, walking and a good look at my diet.
Starting off with a weigh in this weekend and a new look and approach on retrieving my former fitness level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->