Losing the baby weight

babyhopesxx

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
Hello, when pregnant i put on 3.5 stone. Lost 1 stone after birth and then another stone shortly after. This has now left me with 1 and a half stone to lose.

I take lo out for a walk in the pram to pick up DS1 from school every day so take a 1hour round trip 5 times a week. I've also been cooking more meals from scratch and eating more fruit and veg. I ususally cook a casserole or something similar for dinner. Also my mammoth appetite that i had throught pregnancy has gone so i don't snack or eat as much throughout the day anymore.

But this last stone and half just isnt shifting :shrug: so how have you all lost your baby weight, and did you find it hard to lose it too? :flower:

Iv got a stone to lose and it's not shifting :( major jelly belly!xxx

I'm +10lbs and whether I eat crap or eat well makes no difference! Neither does exercising.

Are either of you BF'ing? I have a theory that my body has decided it needs the extra weight as reserve and is just hanging on to it. I was always told BF'ing helps you lose weight... :( not in my case.

Stouffer, no i'm not BF but i heard that it does help you lose weight coz you burn about 500 cals a day but it didn't work out for me unfortunately.
I bought a new swimming cozzie the next size up and it's way to tight, i look a right state in it :nope: will try and shifty a new extra pounds before i start up swimming again and just keep up with the walking for the mean time.

Hey I put on 3 and half stone on also and have half a stone left to go. I havent really done anything and to be honest am eating crap most of the time, so dont no what helps.

Sorry im not much help lol

Hey I put on 3 and half stone on also and have half a stone left to go. I havent really done anything and to be honest am eating crap most of the time, so dont no what helps.

Sorry im not much help lol

Half a stone really isn't too bad :thumbup: maybe i should eat crap all day too, eating healthily isn't doing me any good :haha:

I've not fully lost mine but haven't weighed myself recently so I don't know how much over my usual weight I am! However I've been trying to eat more healthy too lol so it doesn't seem to help much eh?

Weighed myself today and i've put on 4lbs. Grrrr :growlmad: where's that chocolate cake i bought earlier!!!

I'm +10lbs and whether I eat crap or eat well makes no difference! Neither does exercising.

Are either of you BF'ing? I have a theory that my body has decided it needs the extra weight as reserve and is just hanging on to it. I was always told BF'ing helps you lose weight... :( not in my case.

Hate to tell you but .... 6 months of bf and i'm STILL waiting for it to help with the losing weight!! Not really helped by the fact that i don't really do alot of exercise. Roll on 1st Dec when OH starts working nights so i can start going to the gym as soon as he gets home in the morning. At the moment, by the time he gets in at 6.30pm the gym is the last thing on my mind!!

i have lost 70 pounds since having caylee best this is Diet and Exercise.. I have lost more weight since I have stopped breast-feeding tell you the truth

i have lost 70 pounds since having caylee best this is Diet and Exercise.. I have lost more weight since I have stopped breast-feeding tell you the truth

70 pounds, wow well done :) how often do you exercise and how do you manage to fit it in around your family?

I have a stone to loose but the thought of loosing it while Christmas is coming is just upsetting.

My baby is 4 months old and i am fed up with being fat normally size 10 but still size 16,, i am still breastfeeding so can't rearly diet yet....
i am so fed up i hate my body right now...

While i'm only 9 weeks PP i'm not expecting a miracle and be back on my old jeans yet but i would like to see sone of the weight shifting. We can do it eventually girlies just got to keep working on it :)

I went out walking in the wind and rain I am that determined to lose some weight, lol :wacko:

I gained at least 3 stone when pregnant, that was by 34\35 weeks and I didn't weigh after that as I was horrified lol. But I was back to only being half a stone over my pre-preg weight by 8 weeks pp. I'm now 18 weeks pp and haven't lost anything since. I'm BFing which must have assisted in the initial weight loss, but now I think my body is hanging onto that last little bit because of the BFing - just holding a little extra back as reserves. I honestly don't know how I lost so much to start. Keep in mind that it took you 9 long months to put that weight on so its going to take time to lose it. Don't be disheartened x

I gained 4 stone whilst pregnant. I lost 1 stone immediately, and another stone by 5 weeks pp. So I still have 2 stone to lose. I am now 6 weeks pp, and am breastfeeding.
But I know I will actually gain weight over xmas and new year :(

Good luck ladies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"