Losing the thrill while TTC....

mpb1983330

Reaction score
I've been TTC for 19 months now and I can say the thrill of sex is gone...Anyone else with me in this boat? I've been married 4 years and was blessed with one daughter after only 6 months of marriage...but 3 years later and 19 months of trying sex is just a motion anymore...How can I restore the thrill?? It seems the only time we have sex is when I am ovulating or my husband thinks the only reason I want to have sex is to get pregnant...Obviously we are trying so whenever we have sex its b/c we are trying to conceive but that's not always the case...Its just frustrating...Its supposed to be fun while TTC but we have been "trying" for so long that anymore its just a motion....

I've been TTC for 19 months now and I can say the thrill of sex is gone...Anyone else with me in this boat? I've been married 4 years and was blessed with one daughter after only 6 months of marriage...but 3 years later and 19 months of trying sex is just a motion anymore...How can I restore the thrill?? It seems the only time we have sex is when I am ovulating or my husband thinks the only reason I want to have sex is to get pregnant...Obviously we are trying so whenever we have sex its b/c we are trying to conceive but that's not always the case...Its just frustrating...Its supposed to be fun while TTC but we have been "trying" for so long that anymore its just a motion....

hi,
I know what you mean. We had our last child 12 yrs ago and wasnt blessed with another since. So we are no TCC for the last 2 months and its like a chore now. Even if im not in the mood im like lets go! we have been having sex at least every other day and some everyday. I think to restore the thrill you have to think beyond ...we are doing this for a baby...as i think it truely kills the sex. Also i sometimes feel bad on my partner has its like...hurry up! haha and its not about that. Ive been with my bf 21 years now and its never felt like a chore until we starting offically TCC.

That's exactly it...instead of being in the moment and enjoying it, I'm just thinking are you done already or lets get this over with...Sex isn't something that has to be forced but when the OPK says its time...its time and if I'm in the mood or not we need to do it...TTC is a roller coaster and I'm not enjoying it anymore...frankly I'm getting a little motion sick...LOL...Best of luck to you!

Do you not BD when you know you're not fertile? Then you know it's cause you actually want to. Why not do a month NTNP and just do it when you want to.

Do you not BD when you know you're not fertile? Then you know it's cause you actually want to. Why not do a month NTNP and just do it when you want to.

if i was to stop when im not fertile i think what would be alittle unfair on partner :/ and i dont want him to think its all about me getting pregnant plus he has a high sex drive anyways so im doomed :dohh:

That's exactly it...instead of being in the moment and enjoying it, I'm just thinking are you done already or lets get this over with...Sex isn't something that has to be forced but when the OPK says its time...its time and if I'm in the mood or not we need to do it...TTC is a roller coaster and I'm not enjoying it anymore...frankly I'm getting a little motion sick...LOL...Best of luck to you!

you could always pretend its a different lover everytime you try to have sex :happydance:haha good luck to u 2 :)

I'm feeling the exact same way. TTC makes sex feel like such a chore. It's so depressing.

Don't get me wrong...we do it when I'm not fertile as well but its always in the back of my mind...getting pregnant that is...Its just a difficult thing to control...TTC take over your life...especially when we've been trying for months...I just hope and pray this month is it...so we can go back to enjoying sex and life....

I dont think theres any way of getting around it, my dh jokes that im using him :haha:

What I did was told my hubby to go pick something he would like to see me wear. Also, I have stopped talking about ttc with him, I think he knows but it doesnt make is such a chore.

im with you on this one, i actually think of ways to hurry him up,lol,wish it didnt feel so much of a chore.xxx

quail...are you really a mom to 10 kids?? That is awesome and I wish you all the luck in your TTC journey...Hopefully once we get pregnant sex will go back to being fun and not so mundane like doing the dishes or laundry...LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->