losing weight and regulating periods

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
Has anyone with irregular periods found losing weight helped regulate your periods?

I am hoping it is the answer to my irregular periods. I have already been to the doctors about them, i was scanned and told i had one cyst on my ovary i thought that might be why because i thought at first having a cyst stopped you ovulating but then i learnt it didn't, i still get concerned because the cyst has only been looked at twice and i was diagnosed almost 2 years ago with it the doctors answer was of course the pill. Everytime i ask for them to look at it they tell me they don't need to keep check of it.

They did test me for PCOS because i am overweight and i have unwanted facial hair and a hair line on my belly and of course the irregular periods but they only found one which i am glad to know.

I come off the pill in august so i am ready to ttc in September, i have started trying to loose weight i am hoping to loose 3 stone, i think i only need to loose 2 stone to be in the average BMI category.

So if anyone has a similar story or has lost weight and got a normal cycle please share it.

Hi, i have been diagnosed with pcos at the start of the year following having the implant taken out due to constant bleeding. since having it taken out in Feb 12 I had no period at all and following a year of persistently going back to the doctors they finally scanned me and found pcos! i am slightly overweight and since pcos i have been tryibg to loose weight as my gynae said even a 5% body weight loss can restart menstrual cycle and ovulation!! at my heaviest i am sad to say i was 13st 9lbs ( when i had implant out) and i am now 11st 10lbs! I am on cd2 of my first natural period and feel exstatic about it...... loosing weight does make a difference!! its definatly worth a shot whilst waiting for other things to happen at least

good luck

Hi, i have been diagnosed with pcos at the start of the year following having the implant taken out due to constant bleeding. since having it taken out in Feb 12 I had no period at all and following a year of persistently going back to the doctors they finally scanned me and found pcos! i am slightly overweight and since pcos i have been tryibg to loose weight as my gynae said even a 5% body weight loss can restart menstrual cycle and ovulation!! at my heaviest i am sad to say i was 13st 9lbs ( when i had implant out) and i am now 11st 10lbs! I am on cd2 of my first natural period and feel exstatic about it...... loosing weight does make a difference!! its definatly worth a shot whilst waiting for other things to happen at least

good luck

Well done on the weight loss that is brill, i started off 12st 5lbs and i am currently 11st 8lbs, i have an obsession with my scales i like to get on them daily lol i have lost 2lbs since monday but i think its coming off so quick because i let myself slide a little with the dieting and ate badly but still managed to maintain. Yes it is worth a shot i'm hoping to get down to 9 and a half stone at least. if it doesn't regulate my periods then at least i am a little bit heavier and i would know that being overweight wasn't the problem.

I have had blood tests done a couple of times to check my hormones well every time i mention the cyst i get a blood test and they have never rang me back afterwards so i can only assume if anu hormones were high/low they would contact me. I suppose next time i am there i could ask what the results were.

Good luck to you too i hope this is the start of regular cycles for you or even better a bfp :)

I knew my weight was likely delaying my bfp. So in march I started my diet. I used sn app called Noom which I looooved. And it was free. I lost 20lbs by May. And got my bfp. Getting to a healthier weight is just like pruning a plant. Getting rid of the "fat" makes the plant healthier as a whole. Good luck!

I knew my weight was likely delaying my bfp. So in march I started my diet. I used sn app called Noom which I looooved. And it was free. I lost 20lbs by May. And got my bfp. Getting to a healthier weight is just like pruning a plant. Getting rid of the "fat" makes the plant healthier as a whole. Good luck!

I hope that happens to me, i have lost 12lbs so far i had to have a midweek weigh in i cant leave the scales alone lol so hopefully if i can stick to it for 3 months until my holiday when i get back i will weigh quite a lot less and i can see how my periods get on :)

They say losing 10% of your body weight (unless you're underweight) can jump start your hormones etc. Just keep at it!!

And congrats on the weight loss so far! Its not easy but soo worth it! My noom app teaches a healthy lifestyle- not just diet. Was VERY easy to track everything too!

They say losing 10% of your body weight (unless you're underweight) can jump start your hormones etc. Just keep at it!!

I hope so, well i hope this is the case with me anyways i come off the pill 14th august i really hope i am regular afterwards but like i said previously i have never been regular, i have been a reasonable weight before but i cant remember my periods from back then so i have no idea if this will work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->