Losing Weight Before IVF

beaglemom

1st Time Mom to IVF Baby
Reaction score
Hello to everyone out there!

I am needing some support & hoping I can offer support. I am currectly waiting for AF so I can move forward to IVF. I am hoping to be on bcp a little longer so my retrieval is the first week or 2 of Dec. This is just more convenient for us & if I go through another cycle, our timing will be all messed up for trying to get it done before Christmas.

So I need some support in losing a little weight. I heard you should not over do it during IVF & also it is bad for your body to have a high core temp. So I am wanting to be really dedicated & try to go all in while on bcp. I want to start getting up early to hit my treadmill or maybe work in the energy when I get home from work before dinner...or even both. But I just need a buddy to keep me motivated (& be brutally honest & all on my back about keeping up with it). I want to be able to take weekly pics of my belly & I don't want people to think I am further along than I am because of my gut. And overall I want to be healtheir before getting pregnant. So I want the healthy eating habits & I want a routine. So maybe after I am pregnant, I can keep up a light work out to keep me & baby healthy & have a better chance at a healthy delivery.

So here are my stats. I turned 32 this past April. I have always had fast metabolism (before turning 30). So i have had bad eatig habits my whole life & spoiled by that. Currently I have stopped caffeine almost completely (occassional tea or soda). I eat something good in the morning like oatmeal, bagel, toast, granola bar. I drink water during the day but not nearly enough. I eat a light lunch most days. Usually is it PB&J & maybe a protein bar or an apple. I eat a full meal at dinner. We try very hard to have at least 1 green vegatable & we are working on smaller portions (my husband also needs to lose weight). I am currently at zero exercise (Yikes, I know!).

So I have always been a smaller framed person...I would say small to average. I am about 5'6 & weigh 145-148 lbs. Ideally I would like to weigh 120, but 130 would be excellent right now. I am only wearing dresses & skirts because my pants have not fit for a while & I just refuse to buy bigger ones.

So anyways...if anyone else out there needs to lose some weight & plans to do IVF in the next few months, please come join me for some mutual motivation.

THANKS!

Hi beaglemom!

I have had 5 unsuccessful IUIs completed. We have a meeting with our dr on dec 3rd to discuss IVF. I joined the gym in May and was doing so well until about July. I am 5'2 and weigh over 200 lbs. I have always been on the heavy side. I would love to be your buddy! I too need somebody to keep me motivated.

Just wanted to give you some support girls. I have a 15month old and I started dieting and exercising in March this year when I was at my heaviest of 75.5kgs. I was breastfeeding my son till he turned 1 as I then started meds for our 2nd IVF cycle. By the end of September I had lost just over 20kgs, by simply using My Fitness Pal (iPhone app or can do it on the net) and sticking to 1200 calories a day.

My personal trainer told me it is 80% food and 20% exercise that will help you lose weight. As he says you are what you eat!!

Happy to help you both with motivation :)

Good luck xx

Yep!! Once I started calorie counting it just stated falling off :) I was also exercising 7 times a week but have recently backed off to 4 times a week due to doing our 2nd round of IVF

Wow well done!! :)! I use that app too but I'm not as strict..! Haha

I agree, well done! I've started exercising and eating healthier this past February. I am currently down 22lbs. I have a goal of another 25 to get me to my ideal weight.

Thanks girls.

Fantastic result so far Dazed, keep up the good work!!

After TTC for 2 years we will be waiting to do IVF with ICSI until January, but more realistically February due to insurance changes.

So I too want to lose some lbs. during this time. I've gained probably 15 lbs. over the last year from the fertility medications, stress, and disappointment of two losses.

I'm thinking My Fitness Pal is a great idea!

My Fitness Pal is awesome Willow, as it keeps you on track.

I was talking to my hubby the other day about stopping it as I have lost the weight I wanted to lose, and he said no keep going as that's the first step to falling off the wagon lol. A lot of family and friends stopped using it as they said they didn't need it and they have all put their weight back on :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->