Losing weight before TTC?

atleastthree

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm hoping to lose at least 20lbs before TTC in September. Anyone else in a similar boat? Want to share weightloss progress on here? I'm at 175lbs at the moment...

I'm trying to lose weight by September too! I'm currently 139, my goal was 125, but I don't think I'm going to make it. I'll settle for 130! Ultimately, after this baby, I want to be down to around 110, but I didn't want to wait that long to have a second so I'm settling for my more intermediate goal. I started at 151 btw :)

Is that before this September or September 2015? I'd like to lose 20lbs efore ttc but would settle for 10lbs.

I need to get down to a BMI of less than 30 to be given permission to try for a natural birth with shared midwife care (as opposed to under the care of an ob/gyn) at the hospital of our choice which is, fortunately, our local. I also need to lose it to prevent needing surgery on my back again - at 5'4 and 90kgs, my body is just not coping. At my lightest in my adult life, I was 60kgs and I would love to be back there - but at this stage I am aiming to be back down to 80 by my 30th birthday next year.

Losing weight is hard but very worth it. I've gone down from 175 lbs to 130 in less than three years. Best decision I've ever made.

I was 212lbs (96kg) when I gave birth to DD last August. I felt just awful - my body was not designed to carry so much weight! But paleo (incl. dairy) and exercise helped me get down to 173lbs (78kg)... (I work in kgs so having to keep converting the units! ) I walk for 1.5hrs every other day. Started using unrefined safflower oil as of yesterday - supposed to help metabolism!

Since january i have dropped from 256lbs to 187lbs. I am 13lbs lighter than when i concieved my dd and i am desperate for another child but i want to lose at least another 10lbs before ttc number 2.

Since january i have dropped from 256lbs to 187lbs. I am 13lbs lighter than when i concieved my dd and i am desperate for another child but i want to lose at least another 10lbs before ttc number 2.

That's awesome that you lost almost 100 lbs. :thumbup:

Wow! I thought I'd lost a lot... well done girl :)

Joined the gym today!!! I haven't actually been yet, need a babysitter...I may just get up early and go tomorrow before work. I'm so excited!!

I LOVE going to the gym. I usually go three times a week.

Well done misspriss! I've been doing exercise daily but been ravenously hungry these past couple of days plus having little energy! I've been stuck at 78kg for over 5 days now! :(

I love it too! I forgot how much I loved working out! I went Monday and Tuesday, and I'm resting today. Plan to go Thursday!

As for losing weight, my scale hasn't budged in over a week. Well it went up then down a pound, but net is the same. This is the same weight I was at when I lost 20lbs eating primal last fall, the weight just melted off then stopped, at 138. I'm at 138 again, and it stopped. I even cut my calories down 100 more, but then I was hungry a lot so I'm sticking with the amount I've been eating.

Yes yes this is me! I want to lose 30lbs before TTC and keep my weight down in pregnancy because last time I think I was about 160lbs+ (at only 5'5) by the end of my pregnancy and I felt gross and it made me miserable, especially in the summer. I'd like to be able to be proud of my pregnant body this time and not feel like I am too big to enjoy going out with a newborn.

Ate less today and swam for an hour... hoping to weigh less in the morning! Gonna up my water intake too.

Water intake is good!!

I have not lost any pounds in the past 2 weeks. It's confusing. I was usually losing 1-2lbs per week, now nothing. This is also the weight I stopped at when I lost weight simply by eating primal. That must mean something.

And I'm hungry, where I used to not be. I did start strength training this week, but not enough to build any muscle yet. It might be why I'm hungry though.

It took me almost three years to build muscle on my arms. At first I was like "wow" now I love having muscles.

Oh dear, I'm hoping to see results much more quickly! Were you lifting regularly? Heavier weights or more moderate/lighter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->