Losing weight before TTC?

At first I was a bit nervous about using machines. I can't remember how many times I used them but now I use them twice a week usually. I would say the machines I use could be light-heavy it depends on how many pounds you can lift. The most I lift is 45 on a machine that I sit down on and pull the weight towards me and the most I lift on a machine that I lift above my head is 30. At the gym I go to you don't need to use machines, there's also free weights that people use.

I do free weights with whole body movements, squat, push, pull, twist, etc

I squatted 45lb today (just the bar) starting, but I will go higher next time. I did 10 each arm dumbells too.

I think overworked my ab and underarm muscles yesterday. There both a bit sore.

LOL I think soreness means you are doing some good! I would be worried if I wasn't after lifting...

I can hardly walk today!

My legs sometimes hurt after using the elliptical machine it depends on what level I use. Last year I had a free trial with a trainer and after I did different exercises my legs were a bit sore for a few days.

Muscle soreness is to be expected when you exercise, especially for strength building. If you aren't working hard enough to be sore, you probably won't build muscle very fast. I guess the trainer pushed you hard enough to make you sore! People who exercise regularly aren't sore nearly as much as people who first start working out, but I'd personally be concerned if I never felt sore from strength training.

She showed me how to do lunges and since I do them everyday now my legs don't hurt anymore. Tomorrow I'm going to the gym and I'll be surprised if it's busy considering it's Sunday.

Do you use weights when you do lunges? Or just bodyweight?

I'm trying to lose about 10 lbs before we TTC in January. I am in good shape, I've always been an athlete, but in the last year since I've gone back to school I've put on 10 lbs from sitting around and studying all the time (and eating the best study food - chocolate!). I figure if I lose 10 lbs now it's 10 lbs less i have to lose after the baby is born! Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!

I usually hold onto the couch so I don't fall over. :haha:

LOL they made you sore the first few times because it was challenging, but as you get used to it, it doesn't challenge you as much and it won't make you sore then.

I did deadlifts (2x15 with 55lb), dumbell 1 arm shoulder presses (2x15 each arm with 10lb), close grip lat pulldowns (2x15, 55lb), and hanging leg raises (3x10). I'm gonna be soooorrreee...

Oh and yesterday, the scale FINALLY budged, .2lbs down, but still, it's movement in the right direction!

:flower: Hi everyone

Just wondering , is there any particular reason for wanting to lose weight before TTC ? Or is it just to balance out the baby weight that may be gained during future pregnancy?

I ask because I am wondering if my weight is a problem while TTC . I am 5"8 145-150lbs although I am not over weight I am a little heavier than I was when I conceived my other 3:shrug: maybe I should lose a little too:shrug:

I usually hold onto the couch so I don't fall over. :haha:

LOL they made you sore the first few times because it was challenging, but as you get used to it, it doesn't challenge you as much and it won't make you sore then.

I did deadlifts (2x15 with 55lb), dumbell 1 arm shoulder presses (2x15 each arm with 10lb), close grip lat pulldowns (2x15, 55lb), and hanging leg raises (3x10). I'm gonna be soooorrreee...

Oh and yesterday, the scale FINALLY budged, .2lbs down, but still, it's movement in the right direction!

The most I lift is 45lbs. Today I decided to go down 10lbs on a machine because lifting 30lbs was too much for me.

Mommy_DK deciding to lose weight you have to stick with it and want to keep the weight off. It's a good thing that you want to get healthy. :thumbup:

Hi I'm new, I've lost 2st 4 so far doing slimming world but hoping to have lost 3st when ntnp in November. want to lose more ultimately but me and OH don't want to wait anymore. Also going to give up smoking, 2nd September is my quit date! I want to be as healthy as possible come November.

I'm trying to lose about 10 lbs before we TTC in January. I am in good shape, I've always been an athlete, but in the last year since I've gone back to school I've put on 10 lbs from sitting around and studying all the time (and eating the best study food - chocolate!). I figure if I lose 10 lbs now it's 10 lbs less i have to lose after the baby is born! Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!

Well done for making this decision jessmke. It's always best to start TTC at your slimmest (healthy) weight! I got pregnant with my first ehen I was 10kg (20lbs) overweight and they really made all the difference... I'm currently losing those pounds now before we TTC in September.

Add me to the trying to lose weight before ttc group! I've lost a total of 12 pounds since last month so far and I need to lose 27 more pounds by December at least :D

How's everyone's weight? I'm down to 76.6kg (169 lbs).... 8kgs more to go!

I hope you don't mind if I join you ladies! :flower: I want to lose about 30 lbs by December and plan to ttc in early 2015. I have a 7 month old baby girl and my weight loss has stagnated.

My shoulders were sore today still are a little bit.

I have decided as long as I am buildling muscle, I should quit cutting calories and trying to lose weight. I think adding muscle is more important to me than losing weight now that I've lost almost 15lbs. There is a reason body builders build THEN cut, not at the same time. I've been almost dying of hungry on workout days and somewhat on the days after, and I just think it's too hard on my body to try and build itself and lose stuff too. I'm going to eat to maintain and work on building muscle/reducing fat. After I start to notice significant muscle gain, I will reassess my losing weight. I might be where I want to be already.

I've gone from a large to a medium in shirts and my size 10 pants are falling off, so probably down to an 8. I am pretty happy with my weight right now, even if it's not "ideal" and I REALLY enjoy lifting. I love feeling sore after. I love feeling like I am strengthening my body. Hopefully I will get thinner whether or not I lose actual pounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->