• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Losing weight before TTC?

I have decided as long as I am buildling muscle, I should quit cutting calories and trying to lose weight. I think adding muscle is more important to me than losing weight now that I've lost almost 15lbs. There is a reason body builders build THEN cut, not at the same time. I've been almost dying of hungry on workout days and somewhat on the days after, and I just think it's too hard on my body to try and build itself and lose stuff too. I'm going to eat to maintain and work on building muscle/reducing fat. After I start to notice significant muscle gain, I will reassess my losing weight. I might be where I want to be already.

I've gone from a large to a medium in shirts and my size 10 pants are falling off, so probably down to an 8. I am pretty happy with my weight right now, even if it's not "ideal" and I REALLY enjoy lifting. I love feeling sore after. I love feeling like I am strengthening my body. Hopefully I will get thinner whether or not I lose actual pounds!

Good decision misspriss! The important thing is to be healthy and feel good in your own body. We're not 16 anymore, and those of us who've had children know that our bodies have changed for good -wider hips, stretchmarks... all part of the beautiful process of bringing life into the world. Keep doing what you're doing :)

Today I weighed myself and iv finally broken the 11stone barrier... aiming for 10.5 so nearly there. (2011 I was 13st6)

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to lose at least 20lbs before TTC in September. Anyone else in a similar boat? Want to share weightloss progress on here? I'm at 175lbs at the moment...

Good luck!!

I had some complications with my last pregnancy at the end, when my weight reached the obese BMI category. So I've been determined to try and have a healthy and fit pregnancy with the next. I've lost about 36 lbs since I gave birth last year, with another 9 left to goal of 120 (which was about my weight when I graduated college back in 2008). I've also been doing a combination of cardio and strength training so I can hopefully get the green light to keep exercising during pregnancy.

We have no set date for TTC #2 since we're both ready and can afford another. I think the only thing that would throw a wrench in that is if he deploys. I'm thinking I'll evaluate where we are once I hit goal weight. For now I'm enjoying the sweat and shopping for new clothes in my old size. :haha:

Good luck with everyone's goals! I always love to meet others also on a fitness goal; it helps motivate me to keep going when I all I want to do is be lazy. :flower:

Ladies i need your advice.

My first pregnancy i was obese (morbidly towards the end of my pregnancy) with no health problems at all and gave birth easily with no issues.

Now i am 1 stone lighter than when i conceived my first but i am still in the overweight bmi in a size 14. I want to ttc now, we have thought about it and would rather do it sooner than later. My problem is i know i am still overweight and i really dont want to put on tons of weight again. I have booked an appointment with my doctor because i want to keep exercising and give myself the biggest chance of not putting on 5st again. So would you lose another 7lbs at least before trying or just go for it.

Now i am 1 stone lighter than when i conceived my first but i am still in the overweight bmi in a size 14. I want to ttc now, we have thought about it and would rather do it sooner than later. My problem is i know i am still overweight and i really dont want to put on tons of weight again. I have booked an appointment with my doctor because i want to keep exercising and give myself the biggest chance of not putting on 5st again. So would you lose another 7lbs at least before trying or just go for it.

Great job on your loss! I was a size 14 when I got pregnant. I ate at maintenance calories for the first two trimesters, and ate a little more in the third when she started putting on the weight for birth. My pregnancy weight gain: 14 lbs, which was gone within a week post-birth. So it is possible to keep the weight down during pregnancy (my OB was no-nonsense too, and had no problem being brutally honest about my weight - might have rubbed some women the wrong way, but the tough love was perfect for me!). If you're already exercising then do what exercises you can during pregnancy, and just keep in mind what you are eating.

The choice is going to be up to you, and what you feel comfortable with. I am losing the rest of my weight before trying again, but if I did get pregnant it wouldn't be a bad thing at this point. Good luck with your decision! :flower:

Great job on your loss! I was a size 14 when I got pregnant. I ate at maintenance calories for the first two trimesters, and ate a little more in the third when she started putting on the weight for birth. My pregnancy weight gain: 14 lbs, which was gone within a week post-birth. So it is possible to keep the weight down during pregnancy (my OB was no-nonsense too, and had no problem being brutally honest about my weight - might have rubbed some women the wrong way, but the tough love was perfect for me!). If you're already exercising then do what exercises you can during pregnancy, and just keep in mind what you are eating.

The choice is going to be up to you, and what you feel comfortable with. I am losing the rest of my weight before trying again, but if I did get pregnant it wouldn't be a bad thing at this point. Good luck with your decision! :flower:

Thank you, my wee girl is also called evie.

This thread is so inspiring!

I've lost 2.5 stone now - sorry I'd have to get a converter to do stones or kilos.

Having a couple of weeks off for hols then back to it.

I figure I'll just keeping going until I get a BFP or reach a weight I'm happy with whichever comes first.

If I am still losing when I get pregnant I follow a plan that I can continue with a few changes and I'm told most exercising is OK as long as you avoid certain moves like squats so I'd like to continue what my body will allow me to.

I've turned into a right fitness geek and get grumpy if I go more than two days with no exercise, imagine that with pregnancy hormones on top!

I'm excited about going to the gym tomorrow. :happydance:

I went to the gym and walked 4 miles this afternoon.

I sort of want to lose weight as well. I've actually just come off the Contraceptive pill in hope that it will aide me to lose a few kilos! Good luck :)

Awesome job with the gym and walk!

I just haven't been feeling it this week. :coffee: Did manage to get a jog and a family walk in yesterday, but I'm so far behind on the fitness goals this week for the Hunger Games and Game of Thrones fitness challenges I signed up for when looking for motivation. Still have 90 minutes of strength to do before Sunday... eek!

What's the hunger games fitness challenge?

Hello all! I started out at 375 lbs (170 kg) in August 2013. My obgyn said I needed to get under 250 lbs (113 kg) before I should really even attempt ttc, and even that would be high risk.

I went primal, figured out my health situation (I needed thyroid replacement), and got on a regimen of vitamins and minerals. After a while, I started feeling so good that exercise became a joy.

At my one-year mark, earlier this month, I hit 130 lbs (58 kg) of weight loss.

I'm ttc'ing AND I'm 35. High risk whatever! I'm going for it. I still have a little over 90 lbs (40 kg) to go.

I'll be 30 in four months and I have no clue when I'll have children. :shrug:

That's an amazing loss, congrats! And waiting to have children is much more common now. My mother had her last child in her 30s without a problem. :)

@tverb84: It's a challenge group on MyFitnessPal; everyone is in 12 districts, and then each week the lowest scoring district is banished to district 13 until there is only one left. There's a weekly goal to meet (this week it's 180 minutes cardio/90 minutes strength) with a district exercise (ours is 50 squats), a special goal like drinking a certain amount of water, staying under personal calorie goal, etc. I did something similar back when Walking Dead was on this Spring that corresponded with the weekly episode - definitely helps motivate me to workout when I just want to be lazy and eat chocolate! :haha:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22644-catching-fire-12-week-challenge

Hello all! I started out at 375 lbs (170 kg) in August 2013. My obgyn said I needed to get under 250 lbs (113 kg) before I should really even attempt ttc, and even that would be high risk.

I went primal, figured out my health situation (I needed thyroid replacement), and got on a regimen of vitamins and minerals. After a while, I started feeling so good that exercise became a joy.

At my one-year mark, earlier this month, I hit 130 lbs (58 kg) of weight loss.

I'm ttc'ing AND I'm 35. High risk whatever! I'm going for it. I still have a little over 90 lbs (40 kg) to go.

Congrats! You're doing an awesome job!! :thumbup:

That's an amazing loss, congrats! And waiting to have children is much more common now. My mother had her last child in her 30s without a problem. :)

@tverb84: It's a challenge group on MyFitnessPal; everyone is in 12 districts, and then each week the lowest scoring district is banished to district 13 until there is only one left. There's a weekly goal to meet (this week it's 180 minutes cardio/90 minutes strength) with a district exercise (ours is 50 squats), a special goal like drinking a certain amount of water, staying under personal calorie goal, etc. I did something similar back when Walking Dead was on this Spring that corresponded with the weekly episode - definitely helps motivate me to workout when I just want to be lazy and eat chocolate! :haha:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22644-catching-fire-12-week-challenge

That sounds cool. I use an app called noom where I log my meals and walks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"