Losing weight before TTC?

That's an amazing loss, congrats! And waiting to have children is much more common now. My mother had her last child in her 30s without a problem. :)

@tverb84: It's a challenge group on MyFitnessPal; everyone is in 12 districts, and then each week the lowest scoring district is banished to district 13 until there is only one left. There's a weekly goal to meet (this week it's 180 minutes cardio/90 minutes strength) with a district exercise (ours is 50 squats), a special goal like drinking a certain amount of water, staying under personal calorie goal, etc. I did something similar back when Walking Dead was on this Spring that corresponded with the weekly episode - definitely helps motivate me to workout when I just want to be lazy and eat chocolate! :haha:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22644-catching-fire-12-week-challenge

That sounds cool. I use an app called noom where I log my meals and walks.

It looks interesting! Although it's another reason for me to regret getting the Windows phone... should have stuck with Android. :haha: Do you ever wear a heart rate monitor, or just trust the software to determine the calorie burn?

This thread is so inspiring!

I've lost 2.5 stone now - sorry I'd have to get a converter to do stones or kilos.

Having a couple of weeks off for hols then back to it.

I figure I'll just keeping going until I get a BFP or reach a weight I'm happy with whichever comes first.

If I am still losing when I get pregnant I follow a plan that I can continue with a few changes and I'm told most exercising is OK as long as you avoid certain moves like squats so I'd like to continue what my body will allow me to.

I've turned into a right fitness geek and get grumpy if I go more than two days with no exercise, imagine that with pregnancy hormones on top!

Same here! Been going swimming for 1.5hrs/day for a month now and now AF is here I haven't been able to go! Today could not take another day without exercising so went to the gym... About exercise and pregnancy, rule of thumb is doing the amount of exercise you were doing prior to bfp, no more, no less. Cutting out all exercise cold turkey is as stressful as doing too much. Of course, some exercises need to be adapted... I also plan to keep losing weight till bfp or ideal weight. I soooooo want to have a 'lighter' 2nd pregnancy!!!

This thread is so inspiring!

I've lost 2.5 stone now - sorry I'd have to get a converter to do stones or kilos.

Having a couple of weeks off for hols then back to it.

I figure I'll just keeping going until I get a BFP or reach a weight I'm happy with whichever comes first.

If I am still losing when I get pregnant I follow a plan that I can continue with a few changes and I'm told most exercising is OK as long as you avoid certain moves like squats so I'd like to continue what my body will allow me to.

I've turned into a right fitness geek and get grumpy if I go more than two days with no exercise, imagine that with pregnancy hormones on top!

Same here! Been going swimming for 1.5hrs/day for a month now and now AF is here I haven't been able to go! Today could not take another day without exercising so went to the gym... About exercise and pregnancy, rule of thumb is doing the amount of exercise you were doing prior to bfp, no more, no less. Cutting out all exercise cold turkey is as stressful as doing too much. Of course, some exercises need to be adapted... I also plan to keep losing weight till bfp or ideal weight. I soooooo want to have a 'lighter' 2nd pregnancy!!!

Squats are one of the best exercises you can do, pregnant or not. They are actually quite good during pregnancy, except in a few situations.

https://www.pregnancyexercise.co.nz/dont-squat-during-pregnancy/

That's an amazing loss, congrats! And waiting to have children is much more common now. My mother had her last child in her 30s without a problem. :)

@tverb84: It's a challenge group on MyFitnessPal; everyone is in 12 districts, and then each week the lowest scoring district is banished to district 13 until there is only one left. There's a weekly goal to meet (this week it's 180 minutes cardio/90 minutes strength) with a district exercise (ours is 50 squats), a special goal like drinking a certain amount of water, staying under personal calorie goal, etc. I did something similar back when Walking Dead was on this Spring that corresponded with the weekly episode - definitely helps motivate me to workout when I just want to be lazy and eat chocolate! :haha:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22644-catching-fire-12-week-challenge

That sounds cool. I use an app called noom where I log my meals and walks.

It looks interesting! Although it's another reason for me to regret getting the Windows phone... should have stuck with Android. :haha: Do you ever wear a heart rate monitor, or just trust the software to determine the calorie burn?

I usually just let the app calculate how many calories I've burned. I've never used a heart monitor but I do check my blood pressure at the gym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->