Losing weight before ttc?

haha yea it feels so good when the second digit drops! i am still in the 150s but not too far away to seeing the 4!

i just finished my workout for the day. love this thread, its easier to stay motivated with support and read all your stories!

Keep going Stella, you're almost there!!

great work Mamabyrd and Stellababy, you ladies are doing great :flower: I really need to head back to the gym, I've not been since Saturday, ugh the lack of discipline is strong with me, at this rate I'll be trying to lose weight forever :dohh:

I'm starting an 8 week biggest loser type challenge here in my town tomorrow (Saturday). Will be good to have to be accountable to someone besides myself!
I've been stuck in a slump the last few days, including bad food choices, so need that kick up the ass too.

How many of you go to a gym? I'm not sure where I would be without going. When I was younger I never wanted to join a gym but now I'm so glad I did. Not to mention the muscles I've gained. :happydance:

I did the last time I lost weight. I hated going, but loved how I felt after I had finished a session!
I want to join again, but at the moment finances are tight. Hopefully the purse strings loosen so I can go back.

I joined a gym about 5 miles from my house, I really love it! I've tried working out at home for a while, but never had the discipline to keep going after 10 mins and there are just so many distractions at home too, my kids being a major one :haha: Joining the gym was probably the best choice I've made, and I finally got myself back there tonight after 4 days of not going :D

I go to the gym, I really like it. I got to Pump classes (45 minutes) twice a week and go to the gym afterwards for half an hour or so. I've not lost any weight from it yet which I'm bummed about but I am a bit stronger.

I like to work out on my own at the gym. When I joined I tried out a class but it wasn't for me.

I want to lose the remainder of my baby weight before TTC no.3. After having DS2, I dropped a large chunk of the weight really quickly, but got stuck at about 14lbs over where I was when I fell pregnant with him. Add that to the fact that I also started that pregnancy slightly higher than with DS1 and it had left with a total of about 20lbs I wanted to lose.

I've been trying on and off for a few months now and, just yesterday, I had a major breakthrough and I got down through the 10st mark so it's given me renewed motivation to lose the remaining 8lbs. I do a lot of walking in the week and go to a gym twice a week. I've cut down on the rubbish (I'm a bit of a chocoholic) but I have to combine exercise with sensible eating to see any significant results. The exercise is also helping to hive my stomach a bit of strength and definition back too.

Today I walked five miles, usually I walk only 3 sometimes four. My legs were probably happy after I got home. :haha: Yesterday I did sit ups for the first time in about a month and now my abdominal muscles are a bit sore. I'm excited to work out at the gym tomorrow and I'm having A&W for lunch. :blush:

Can I join?

A little about my my background.. I have 2 boys (4.5 years and 2.5 years old) with my 2nd son I had a PPH. I was slightly overweight with that pregnancy too. Well i found out that being overweight can increase your risk of PPH so me and my DH have decided i should try to get to a healthier weight, to try and reduce my risks of Pre- E and PPH again.

Currently im 5'10 and weight in at 213lbs.

PPH is Postpartum Hemorrhage. When you bleed to much after giving birth. I had my PPH 8 hours after having my son. I lost 1090ml of blood because my uterus wouldnt contract.

That's one of my biggest fears not healing after giving birth. Yesterday I had an interview at the gym I go to and it went better than I thought it did. :happydance: Hopefully I get it.

I would like to loose a minimum of 40 pounds before I ttc and I have until September 2015 to make that happen.

about 2 weeks ago I stopped breastfeeding my son after we got to the 14month milestone, since then I lost 2 lbs and have not done anything different, I haven't been to the gym in about a month now :blush: so hopefully I will keep losing from now on now that I my body doesn't have to feed my child. This is the complete opposite of what happened with my daughter, I actually lost weight because I was breastfeeding her, but whatever, I'll take it, as long as it comes off.

Mind if I join? :flower:

I'm WTT a year or so and I would love to get to a healthier weight...I just lack the motivation. :blush: Maybe joining in with you ladies would help that. :)

I weighed somewhere around 160 pounds after having my son (6 1/2 years ago) and have pretty much just been piling on the weight since then...two pregnancies haven't helped with that either. Right now I weigh 173 lbs, which is down 13 lbs since I started trying to lose weight a month and a half ago.

I don't have a specific diet I'm following; I just need to cut out soda and try to eat healthier. Those are my goals for the time being. As I get more and more into it, I'll add more goals. I have to start small otherwise I'll lose all motivation. I'm also hoping to add exercise to my life. I'd love to join a gym, but don't really have the means to do so right now. :( Hoping I can convince OH to get me a membership in the near future.

I'm hoping to lose another 43 lbs (or so) over the next year so that I'll be much healthier when it's finally time to TTC. And I'm also doing this because I'm very unhappy with my body, which has affected my self-esteem, so I'm hoping that I can improve that as well. :flow:

Hey there Aidens! Nice to see ya over here as well! This is really a great thread, all stickin' together. Can I ask how tall you are?

Just got home from the gym. Worked back & tris. My glutes are still on fire from yesterday's leg day. I missed working out at an actual gym!

My fasting is going well too. I slipped up the past couple weeks so I pretty much had to start over, but I'm down about 8 pounds as of today. :happydance: Only 12 more!

Remember ladies! Eat lean, train mean! :bodyb:

Tomorrow I'm going to the gym. I like going in the morning preferably before nine because after 9 is when it gets busy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->