Losing weight while TTC

gradschoolmum

Reaction score
I would like to lose around 15-20 pounds to be back into an ideal weight for me. I started months before TTC, and I had some progress before the holiday madness. Then we started TTC rift after Christmas and I felt conflicted about doing both.
I know I would have to stop losing once I got pregnant, but I don't want to wait around to get myself back in shape either.

Anyone have any tips? Obviously I want to try healthy ways, not just doing whatever to get back into my favorite jeans

I'm trying to lose weight and also ttc. I plan to continue trying to lose weight when pregnant, eating healthily and exercising, but just doing it in a way that's good for me and bump to be. As long as you aren't crash dieting and being unhealthy you're fine to continue into pregnancy. I'm doing slimming World and lots of exercise.

Im also trying to lose weight while ttc. Just cut out all bread and potatoes. And trying not to eat anything with more than 3% fat. Switched from 2 meals a day to 5smaller meals. I am hoping that doing it in a healthy way will actually increase fertility... but yes - not easy to focus on both

losing extra weight will only help ttc. you should try to eat healthy as opposed to just eating less. cutting out sugar, processed food, and some carbs should do it :)

It's perfectly fine to lose weight while ttc if it's at your benefit. As long as you are doing so in a safe and healthy way I don't see why there would be a problem. I know a lot of people who have done plans like Slimming World during pregnancy, the plan doesn't change as far as I'm aware, only if you decide to breastfeed, in which case you have extra things.
When I was pregnant with my son and daughter I unintentionally lost a lot of weight. Due to how I felt early on, which didn't completely leave me until the third tri! My babies were both fine

Im also trying to lose weight while ttc. Just cut out all bread and potatoes. And trying not to eat anything with more than 3% fat. Switched from 2 meals a day to 5smaller meals. I am hoping that doing it in a healthy way will actually increase fertility... but yes - not easy to focus on both

May I ask why you are cutting out potatoes? I only ask because I know many think because they're a carb they're pure evil, lol, but they are actually quite a healthy thing to eat. They contain a lot of potassium for a start, which is essential for a healthy heart. I think that sweet potatoes are slightly healthier, I may be wrong on that but I'm sure I have read somewhere, although they do contain slightly lower potassium I think.
Bread can be quite an issue for many people, we aren't built for digesting it hugely well, so it can be problematic.
Also, one thing that you probably know but I thought I'd say in case, with fat it's the saturated kind you want to avoid, but it's important to keep up the good fats. Going for low fat options also isn't always a good option simply because they are usually laden with extra sugar and/or sweeteners, which is much worse for you than fat. I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way! :hugs:

I was doing weight watchers while TTC number 2 I lost almost 3 stone then got pregnant super quick. Weare now TTC number 4 and I'm currently doing slimming world. It's safe to diet while TTC, as long as your doing it in a healthy way.

I'm losing weight while ttc :)

I've lost 16 lbs so far . I am not doing a diet so much but I am part of a group run by a wonderful nutritionist who is teaching us how to eat right for us and our family and it's working wonders.

Happycupcake - you say some really great stuff there about fats and car a . Carbs are ok but it's the type of carbs just like happycupcake says . Bread not good but other carbs with whole grains are fine in moderation.

Also the fat thing is a major change I've made . I no longer eat anything low fat , we need healthy fats to lost weight . Was weird at first but 16lbs later I get it !

I have cut out refined sugar ( I've had the odd piece of birthday cake ) and I no longer drink Diet Coke ( it was my thing !) only water .

I hope I don't take too long to become pregnant .

This was our first cycle , but only bd once which wasn't planned - next cycle we are trying properly x

This is encouraging. I'll look up slimming world- never heard of that until now. I think I worry too much because when I was in college, I exercised all the time but had irregular cycles. It took me a few years to realize it wasn't just that I exercised, but it was that I didn't eat enough and I exercised too much and was in a stressful time in my life. So now I associate exercise with obsessing and no periods, and obviously there is a healthy middle. I just need to find it
Thanks, y'all!

Refined sugar, worst enemy. I hate the stuff but am a sucker for it.
Slimming World is fab, looks a lot to wrap your head around initially but it doesn't take long to get the hang of it. The only thing they do is encourage swapping sugar for sweetener if you have to have sweet drinks or something, which isn't always a good thing because sweetener can cause problems for many

I'm the same. I want to lose about 14lbs and I've been doing the 5.2 which has been great but I think it could be messing with my cycle a bit so I might just stick to calorie counting. I want to do something that I can carry on also doing through pregnancy. Determined not to "eat for 2" this time round! Slimming world is safe to do whilst pregnant so that's an idea!

Whole30 gets rid of about 15 pounds in one month, for me. Check out other people's opinions about it on YouTube or just Google it for other results, but it's quick and easy and sets a beautifully healthy tone for a future pregnancy. I have gotten pregnant directly after all of the Whole30s that I did when not pregnant, but your mileage may vary there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->