Losing weight whilst trying

M

mummysturt1

Hi all
I am currently 4 stone overweight and trying to get pregnant with my second. I know this can slow things down, so really want to try and lose now and be healthy when I am pregnant. I'm looking at doing slim fast as I struggle for time with eating breakfast, and preparing lunches, but do enjoy sitting down to a nice dinner. Has anyone done this before or whilst pregnant?
Thanks x

I am, starting to do this as well. I would like to see what others may have to say as well :). I just got a three month to a gym. I am ttc for my first

Hey im going to be doing slimming world i would like to lose about a stone and a half :) im on my second cycle TTC baby number 4 :) good luck to you both x

Boot camp 2-3 times a week for me. Lost 7lbs already, would like to lose another 21.

Good luck to all you ladies with your weight loss and TTC. Just don't deprive yourselves of the odd treat or you will go mad!

I'm going to do slimming world. I've done it before, but kind of give up a bit lately. Just started, and want to loose a stone, I know it's safe to carry on during pregnancy, so if I get pregnant first ill carry on probably till 12 weeks. X

Thanks for your replies. Lunabelle33 are you doing slim fast too? X

I am doing this now. On doctors advice (as I am now having issues with missing AF) I can do any exercise until I ovulate (just started using jillian michaels 30 day shred) then I have to stick to low impact exercise so I use Leslie Sansones Walk at Home dvds. I have been doing this for 4 weeks now and am down a little over 10lbs. I don't know if others with no issues would need to go to low impact exercises but as I went from never exercising to starting only 4 weeks ago I think the two weeks or so of low impact exercise also helps keeping my body cycling and giving me a rest period. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them. I really need to lose weight for my health. Surprisingly I have actually been really enjoying the exercise though. I am sure it will die down and become more of a chore again but after being pretty much sedentary for so long besides playing with my daughter structured exercise is enjoyable.

I started slimming world just before we started ttc and have lost almost 1.5 stones. I would highly recommend it x

You cannot diet while you are pregnant...once you have confirmed pregnancy you will want to discuss with your doc a healthy weight gain plan, which likely includes minimal to no weight gain in the first trimester.

Slim fast is not very nutritious. You likely are not getting the vitamins and minerals you will need from 1 single meal alone, so I would not recommend doing slim fast.

Also, if you are TTCing and trying to lose weight, I would also not recommend slim fast. It really does not teach you how to eat properly and likely you will be very hungry and probably overeat because nobody can sustain being hungry...it is one major cause of binging (being overly hungry).

My recommendation is to track calories and ensure you are eating a well balanced diet including getting a variety of colors of veggies/fruits (at least 6 svgs per day), 4 servings of calcium, 4 svgs of protein, and 4-6 svgs of whole grains. That should comprise the majority of your calories and not fill it with "junk" calories.

this is why i like slimming world,its a healthy eating plan and its well balanced :) ive been doing it but been a bit slack lately ive lost nearly 2 stone. im gonna set myself a target of 1 and a half stone and then just carry on with eating healthy once im pregnant x

Sounds good! Losing weight is such a challenge for me, but I am wishing you luck, motivation, and perseverance!

Losing weight can help with conception, especially if you're having issues TTC. Enough weight over can cause insulin resistance (which is not the same as being a diabetic) which has been associated with trouble TTC, and the solution ? Weight loss.

Im back down to 25 lbs (from 40) above my "normal" weight (which is still overweight but it's the weight ive been since i was 19 and ive had 3 kids at that weight) and my Dr's theorize that if i can get back to my normal weight i wont have any trouble conceiving.

Im back on my slimming world, ive lost almost 1.5 stone this year, but with being ill and my chemical pregnancy i didnt do it for almost a month, so im back on it and back at group tonight, ive a long way to go (currently weigh 19 stone) but my doctor said i would be fine to do slimming world before and while i try and also when pregnant x

I know how you feel bout wanting to lose weight and ttc too. but like claire said slimfast is not good. If you want to lose weight the best thing to do is cut out the bad carbs or you can count calories. Also could try weight watchers. Alot of women are on weight watchers and they have lost alot of weight. I too am trying to lose weight as well. What I've been doing is cutting out the carbs and eating smaller portions.

I'm still working on losing weight but I'm doing Weight Watcher's and it's been great. You can still eat what you want but it's all a matter of points so you just need to decide if certain things are worth it. It definitely works!

come join me!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...oss-while-ttc-support-group.html#post34663433

We can keep each other motivated, share tips, vent about our troubles, etc.

Hope to see you ladies there!

GL with your weight loss and TTC!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"