Losing Weight?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Seraphim, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

Hey,

I just wondered if anybody else has lost weight since :bfp: ?

I'm not too worried. Especially because I know the baby will take everything s/he needs and leave me by the wayside if needs be ;) I've told my MW and she was helpful, but not overly concerned... told me I could eat as many sweets as I liked if that's what worked at getting the calories in ;)

I lost about 3lbs when I thought to try the scales seeing as my trousers were getting 'snug' ;)

I'm not a fan of weighing, I think it's a big headache most people don't need. But I was surprised my belly was popping out early and the scales were saying -3lb from 'normal'

I got a nasty temperature and cold etc which put me in bed all last week, and could hardly eat a thing. I've been eating the last couple of days, but I'm still -7lb or 1/2stone

A friend of mine lost a bit with sickness, and I wondered if it was common or not?

Sure there's plenty enough time and scoffing to put that and more back on ;D

2. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

I lost a lot in the 1st trimester last time, just because I just couldn't eat and I was sick A Lot!
    My appetite did come back with vengeance later on tho!:dohh:

3. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

Yeah i did too, its all the sickness & loss of appitite ect xx

4. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

ive been told i look 'slimmer' but i laugh off this, i am too scared to weigh myself, i lost 4 stone last year and i know i have put at least 1 stone of it back on :-S x

5. littlestar

littlestar Proud Mum to a Little Boy

i've lost 7.5lbs so far without trying but i've also just started treatment for a thyroid condition which was previously undiagnosed so that is also having an effect on me.

Luckily i haven't had sickness yet (theres still time :rofl:) but my midwife isn't concerned.

6. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I lost some weight when I got my :bfp: I was like you cos I weighed myself to see how much I'd put on cos my trousers felt a bit snug lol!
    I spoke to the MW about this when she weighed me at my appointment and she said it's common to lose a few pounds at the beginning and it's nothing to worry about :)

7. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

i lost nearly 2 stone in my first pregnancy in the first tri.

8. Seraphim

9. impatient1

impatient1 Mommy to 1 Angel & 2 DD

I have also lost weight so far I think I've lost about 6 pounds but yet my pants are snug... wondering how that works lol.

10. IHrtSteve

IHrtSteve Mommy to 2, almost 3 boys

HI. Lost a half a pound from 6 week visit to 9 week visit. But belly is sticking out a bit. Dr said no worries. Totally normal.

11. Seraphim

We'll also see eachother on the 'How much have you gained' thread in Tri 2 before long ;)