Losing weight ?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
As you can see im just over 19weeks now .. but iv noticed all the way through pregnancy iv either lost weight or iv gained it and then its just gone back off again so im confused... is it normal to lose weight ? i dont want to be losing weight really as it makes me feel like bubs isnt growing or somethings wrong :| .. the only way i know bubs is still there is from the fluttering im consently feeling and then i listened to heartbeat with my doppler last night and bubs had moved to my right side and the heartbeat sounded a little quiter..

i think its all the worrying im doing but i just needed soe advice to put my mind at rest :)

x

Have you had a lot of morning sickness? That could be a reason as to why you've lost weight.

It sounds like bubs is ok if you're feeling flutterings and getting the strumming sounds of its little guitar heart :D x x

my sister has done it with all 4 of hers and all hers have turned out fine, best talking to your midwife though :)

Thats the thing.. i havent had morning sickness at all .. iv only had neusea but never sick or anything else maybe i need to eat more but i just dont feel lik eating alot sometimes i just eat fruit or biscuits if i feel i cant eat much but im sure i should be gaining weight feel like somethings wrong :(
x

My sister in law lost weight (5 lbs ) in both pregnancies and had a normal weight baby......=)

Hey sweetie, are u naturally quite slim? I'm not skinny but not reaaly big either 14-16 ( on my big days ) but I've put on 4lbs but sometimes I go down to prepreg weight or only show 2lbs more and I have a really big bump. Mw said I wasn't too worry as I had enough weight on me that it wouldn't be good to put on too much xxx

my weight gain/loss like a yo-yo goes up and down from week to week, wouldnt worry.
i lost 1 stone in 4 days at 1 point in my first pregnancy docs/mw werent concerned

Jem02 i am 8/10 so yeah id say im slim but my midwife and doctor both told me i have strong stomach muscles but i dont think that matters but i just feel like my bump isnt growing but maybe its just me maybe other people can tell and everything but i worry to much that im doing something wrong or im not eating enough :|
x

I'm sure you'll be ok honey, I find my diet has changed and I'm eating a lot healthier now for lo- perhaps your the same. If the baby needed anything u would be getting cravings to satisfy their needs. I'm positive you'll be ok xxxx

it's scary isn't it? Wondering into the unknown haha xxx

Please try not to worry, I have the same thing with these last 2 pregnancies. During the last trimester of my ds2 the weight was falling off and as soon as I had him I was about a stone and a half less. He was nearly 8lbs. My friend was exactly the same, and she lost even more than me (although she was bigger than me) so it was relative.

I am too just over 19 weeks and I haven't put any weight on at all so far, and my midwife was not concerned. I had major food aversions until about week 13-14 with queasiness but no sickness but this has passed. However I had a complete lack of appetite with DS2 and really struggled to eat, it was weird.

I have seen a number of posts in various places on this subject and it is not uncommon, but if it is really worrying you, call your midwife for some reassurance. You will probably find in the next week or 2 your tummy will pop out further too, you have plenty of time yet. Hope that helps hun. x

Im a few weeks behind you and have noticed the same. Pre pregnancy I was a 12/14. I gained 11lbs within the first 8/9 weeks without any good explanation, hadnt overeaten and had been sensible with my meals etc.

I havent had morning sickness just bouts of nausea and the odd time where I have been sick, I weighed myself yesterday and I have lost 7 of those lbs meaning I have gained approx 4lbs in my first tri which is think is more or less average.

In a way im pleased but i do worry bout the baby as its too early for me to be able to feel anything as yet. My scan last week showed a healthy baby so am trying not to dwell on it too much, but i still cannot explain the loss.

From what the other girls have posted it seems ok to lose a bit of weight and doesnt seem to affect the baby so perhaps mention it at one of your next appointments if your still concerned, personally im hopin this baby will make me a size 8 by the time i give birth lol x

Take care xx

Wel im going to just see what they say at my scan if everything is okay because thats on friday!! :)! woooooooooop cant wait but if they say things are fine then they will be there the experts right?! lol but if im still worrying ill ask my midwife but she never seems to pick up her phone when i ring :| silly women lol
Thanks guys
xx

I am overweight but I havent gained any with this pregnancy just losing it. The dr said it is fine that the baby looks good. You would think I would be gaining being pregnant but guess not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->