Losing weight

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
I'm 10+4 today and I've lost more than 10 lbs since I found out I was expecting.

I'm overweight so my doc told me not to gain much throughout pg but I'm worried if this is okay or normal?

I'm eating plenty, but I have hours long severe nausea bouts which I can't eat through, and usually breakfast doesn't stay down for long.
I make up for that time when I can get food down though trust me... The weight is just falling off

I'm just not sure if I should be worried. I have Dr appointment at 12 weeks

I would say you're fine. If you are dropping into underweight (bmi of 18 or less), then they would worry. But if you aren't close to being underweight and are staying hydrated and taking your vitamins so you are at least getting nutrients you need, they probably won't be concerned. You'll likely feel better soon and this means at least your overall weight gain will be kept in check when you do start gaining.

I've lost a lot of weight too because I'm so sick. It was the same way with my other two pregnancies. it was nice because I only ended up gaining like 10 lbs total! lol

i'm a small girl and I lost 5lbs in the first trimester. My midwife told me that losing weight in the first tri is very common and that I should not worry at all since the baby is going to get its nutrients in whatever way it can!! Just make sure you're taking your prenatals. She also told me not to force myself to gain it back. It will come naturally!!

I lost so much weight with all of my pregnancies!, I just couldn't put weight on! I was on the heavier side of a "normal" BMI when I got pregnant and after non of my pre pregnancy clothes fit!!.

It's probably just fine. I tend to lose weight in the first trimester as well. I even eat a lot, and for some reason, my metabolism goes nuts, and I just burn it off so quickly. When I was pregnant with my first baby, I had lost 20 pounds at 20 weeks along, and then it stoped, and I stared gaining. Ended up in a 35-pound surplus, which was all gone by the time my baby was 6 weeks old. This time, my weight stayed the same until 27 weeks. I haven't weighed myself since I first started gaining, but I have been eating so much lately that I'm afraid to. Haha.

My MW tells me that it's my job to take care of my body. My body will take from my resources to take care of the pregnancy, so if I am not taking proper care, I will be the one to suffer. Eat as well as possible, and believe that your body knows what it's doing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->