Loss at 20 weeks - not sure reason

Discussion in 'Second Trimester Losses' started by Hope0702, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Hope0702

Hope0702 New Member

Hello! I’m writing because I need to talk to someone who has been through this as well. Three weeks ago we lost our beautiful baby boy due to unclear causes. I had a relatively easy pregnancy with no morning sickness and pretty active. At my 19 week ultrasound my cervix was 3.5cm and baby was doing great! Less than two weeks later I started getting low back pain and small cramps along with discharge. I figured discharge was normal until I saw a little red in it. I decided I would call my obs office to make an appointment once I left work. I started feeling dizzy as well. Once home I went to the bathroom and there was blood. I went to the hospital and was taken to labor and delivery which terrified me. Once there baby’s heart was fine and he was active as always. The doctor decided to do a pelvic exam and stated my cervix was completely effaced and 10cm silted with bulging membranes and there was nothing they could do as baby was not viable. I had to give birth to my beautiful baby knowing he would not survive. I am now so confused as to if it’s incompetent cervix, PTL or something else. Pathology reports seemed fine with the exception of chronic deciduitis which I’m not sure means anything!!
    Has anyone gone through this?? Have you had a successful pregnancy? What is chronic deciduitis?

2. OnErth&InHvn

OnErth&InHvn Mom to 4

Chronic deciduitis is a type of long-lasting inflammation that arises in pregnancy and affects the endometrial stromal tissue (decidua). It is associated with preterm labour. The diagnosis rests primarily on the presence of plasma cells.

3. Hope0702

Hope0702 New Member

Thank you!! At least that helps....no to see if there’s a treatment

4. Twag

Twag Mummy to Elliot & Izzy <3

Sorry didn't want to read and run so very sorry for your loss :hugs: I hope you get some answers x

5. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs::hugs:

6. xxmyheartxx

xxmyheartxx mommy of 5

I'm so very sorry for the loss your baby boy. Sending you :hugs:

7. ttc_lolly

ttc_lolly Mum to 3 girls :)

I’m so sorry for you loss :hugs:

8. xMissxZoiex

xMissxZoiex Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo

I have an incompetent cervix, your story if very similar to what happened to me. I went the the hospital because I thought I had a minor prolapse but by the time I got in the scan room I was 6cm dilated with bulging membranes. My little boy passed away 2 days later and I was still 6cm so I was induced to bring the labour along.

9. CC94

CC94 Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry <3

10. Suggerhoney

Suggerhoney TTC our Rainbow baby ❤

absolutely heartbroken to read this and I just want to jump in the screen and hug you.
    I've had 6 Misscariges in total but thank fully all were early apart from one at apmost 11 weeks.
    To lose a baby half way through a pregnancy is absolutely unthinkable.
    My hearts is broken for you.