Loss of appetite.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by MissMandieMitz, Oct 10, 2008.

1. MissMandieMitz

MissMandieMitz Mommy of 2 :)

Anyone else here NOT able to eat anything??

I'm hungry, starving actually, but I can't eat anything. Nothing sounds good. I won't eat something that doesn't sound good to me. It seems the only thing I can eat is Macaroni and Cheese and can't drink anything except milk. My body is starting to get weak. It's a big challenge to even walk to the bathroom without having to bend over a bit. I can't stand up for more than a minute or two without feeling like I'm going to fall over from being so dizzy.

A few weeks ago I could eat anything and everything. This is horrible :(

2. spoo

spoo Mum to Harry and Emily

Aww you poor thing! Just eat what you can - hopefully it won't last too long. You do need to eat though - how about biscuits, toast, crackers, breadsticks, fruit, yoghurts, chewy bars, raisins? Anything little and often should help.

I've had 7 weeks of this and have only just come out the other side. It really is horrible but only now am I beginning to realise that it is temporary (for me at least!)

Good luck hun and let us know how you get on x

3. becky77

becky77 mum & 3rd tri

oh poor you ,you should eat whatever you can face even if its only a bit at a time,try snacking on things like nuts or dried fruit or cereal bars just to keep your energy up ,dont worry too much about being healthy as long as your eating something.good luck i am sure it wont last too long.

:hug:

4. emzlouize

emzlouize mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason

i have felt like this for 4 weeks lol xx

5. kmh2009

kmh2009 Well-Known Member

yeh im there aswell :) not nice atall is it. i could only eat cucumber with vinegar for a while....no i am being more adventurous and bringing some cherry tomatoes (on the vine) into my diet...ive been signed off work at the mo coz ANYTHING else makes me sick and m too weak to walk properly. xxx

6. spoo

spoo Mum to Harry and Emily

Eat crackers! They really helped me when I was feeling my worst. Keep some by your bedside so you can eat them before you get up in the morning.

I've lost well over a stone just from not eating properly - I ended up eating something once an hour to ease the nausea.

Oh, and gaviscon is safe to use during pregnancy and works a treat :)

7. destiny27

destiny27 Well-Known Member

i had that with my youngest son, i couldnt eat anything, nothing was nice, my dad thought i was cracking up lol

8. classyburd

classyburd Mummy to Archie

When i went through this stage not long after first finding out i was pregnant, the only thing i could face was fruit, strawberrys and grapes etc.
    I also got to the too weak to do anything stage, now though i find eating little and often works.

9. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

Aww, I know what u mean. I cooked stuff the other day cos it sounded good, then I looked at it and it had ot go straight in the bin! All I want is Steak with salad and potatoes or Nachos! And same about the milk to drink!

I am sure this child is going to be JUST like its father! Evil wee bumble. lol

10. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

I have had this too,nothing seemed good.
    I went off all food except cornflakes.
    It got better at 9 weeks and I could eat more but this week the nausea and no appetite has come back and I am having to try and eat small snacks through the day to keep my blood sugar up.

Try plain foods,crackers,ginger biscuits,cereals with iron,fruit.

Its not nice at all I know ((((hugs))))
    Also are you taking a pre-natal vitamin,that will help you get the vitamins needed if you can't face food.

11. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

Oh I craved steak and potatoes with both my boys,couldn't get enough of them :)

12. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

Oooooooooh.............OH will love that as think he wants a wee man first. He reallt wants twins tho (fine for him as he wouldnt be carrying them!!)

Hmm, but then ive gone off sweet stuff so been told thats what happens when ur havin a girl

13. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

I know its strange.
    Lots of people say the craving things isn't that true,but with both my boys I wanted meat and carbs and went right off sweets,fruit etc

This time I hate meat and just want orange juice.
    I can't even look at a potatoe this time,LOL

You may have a little man in there!

LOL if men had to have kids,God help us !

14. classyburd

classyburd Mummy to Archie

Hmmm but ive gone off sweet stuff (even though i usually do when am just ill) but im really hoping for a lil girl

15. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Ive lost my appetite for most things aswell. When it coems to dinner i just cant eat it. Ill eat a little bit then im done.
    Trying to eat small bits through the day, mornings are the worst though i always feel sick to eat anything so i have to force myself.

16. jessr123

jessr123 Well-Known Member

I know that feeling well! I'v been really dizzy since last Sunday and midwife told me to take a week off work. She also told me off for not eating much, but i just don't want anything apart from carrot sticks and houmous and the occasional piece of eggy bread. Im feeling really guilty as I have 2 exam classes to teach this year and I have hardly seen them. Aparently they are starting to get suspicious that I am pregnant so my Head of Department told them I was in rehab! God knows what questions I will get asked when I return to school!

17. bethyb

bethyb Expecting our third!!!

im just able to manage pasta and soups but for weeks ive been eating hardly anything but toast and yogurt with the odd baked pot! dont worry though ur body will use all the goodness its stored to give to baby just eat what u can.
    hugs :)

18. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

im exactly the same hun ! Food doesn't interest me at all, but im so hungry all the time. If i dont eat i feel extremely sick, so i just have to force things down, although i never enjoy anything anymore because nothing appeals to me !

x

19. MissMandieMitz

MissMandieMitz Mommy of 2 :)

Yeah...I've been keeping a bag of chips by my bed because I haven't felt like getting out of bed the past few days. What's bad is...I'm really craving tuna and crackers but know that I can't eat too much of it. I'm afraid if I eat it once, I won't wanna stop!!

20. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

Yes I have had this exact same thing since about 4-5 weeks... it comes and goes now.

I just didnt want to eat anything... even though I was hungry.

I did actually feel better after forcing myself to eat small things often... like cheese on crackers, bananas etc.

Nowadays I find that I can pretty much anything that it already made for me and put on front of me, its more about the thought of making something that is off-putting.

Just try and eat what you can, but try and eat small things often :)

:hug: