Loss of blood - should I be worried??

Vic

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I had a show of brown blood when i wiped after going to the loo last night then it turned into light spotting. Again this morning when I got up I had the same and it dwindled off into nothing again.

Does this sound worrying or could it be normal spotting at this stage? I don't really have a good feeling about it. My worry is that it could be ectopic as my lower back is aching and I've had a few twinges down the left side of my womb.

I'm going to see how I am during the course of today and see if I need to go to hospital or if it goes back to normal.

Anyone else experience this? Please be honest even if it sounds bad - I want to be aware of what is happening.

Thanks everyone x

Aww hun, how worrying for you
Not sure if it could be normal settling in spotting or not
Didn't want to read and run
If i was you I would Go to Gp or hospital ASAP just to put your mind at rest if nothing else
:hugs:
But if it is brownish that sounds like old blood to me

Hi Vic,

If you check my post in this tri, I had spotting, but bright red blood, and bad lower back pain with minor stomache cramps. I thought the worst, phoned MW who told me to phone EPU, and I got a scan, it turned out to be ok.

What they told me is that you have to be concerned if it is more than a table spoon of blood each spotting, which yours dont sound like it is. Watch out for stringy clots too.

Please take it easy and get OH to watch Eva while you rest. If you are still worried phone NHS 24. Blood loss is common early on as it is often implantation bleed.

Good luck. Keep us posted xxx:hugs:

Thanks Karrina! I'm feeling a bit confused at the minute like it is really my period but i very much doubt it after 3positives and all the symptoms i've had.

I'll just see how I go and ring the doctors tomorrow I think.

I'm starting to get some cramp and lower back pain - gonna go and rest x

Can be perfectly normal Vic

However if you are in any 'pain' you would be better going to the hospital & getting it checked out.

One thing you have to watch out for with ectopic is shoulder *pain* I caught my ectopic a lot earlier than Imi & when I rang Imi she was in tears with the agony.

If your in no severe pain I would put it off til Monday but defo go get yourself checked out just for some reassurane.

:hugs: x

:( :( :(

Just went to the loo and there is alot of red blood so it's not looking good at all now.

I'm beginning to doubt whether I was ever even pregnant but at least I submitted a urine sample at the doctors so they can tell me the result of that, that way I'll know more what's happening.

feeling a bit upset right now :(

Totally agree with all of the above hun!

I had serious bleeding at 11 weeks and HUGE clots, and I have little Alfie here with me today, so not always a bad sign hun......but if in doubt or pain, then get to the GP! x

was your bleeding bright red tam?

:( :( :(

Just went to the loo and there is alot of red blood so it's not looking good at all now.

I'm beginning to doubt whether I was ever even pregnant but at least I submitted a urine sample at the doctors so they can tell me the result of that, that way I'll know more what's happening.

feeling a bit upset right now :(

Hun I'm not saying this is whats happening or has happened but with an early loss sometimes those tests with GP aren't the best depending how your hormone count is panning out. For example my ectopic I had very very clear results an the hospitals were negative yet my counts (hCG) was around 100 meaning it shouldn't have even been faint on their so called tests it should have been clear as daylight. Never trust them after my experiences I had to give them one of MY tests FFs how stupid!!

As I said I'm not saying thats whats happening to you I've been amazed over a year how many girls have had a good flow of bleeding yet have gone on to having healthy babies.

Your on about day 38 - how long are your cycles usually?

they are usually 28days, apart from when I came off the pill - then it was a bit longer but i'm back to normal now.

it's horrible not knowing what's happening isn't it :(

I think you can see your not imagining anything Vic.

Thinking of you x just make sure if you in severe pain you go get checked out & if you can hold out get to your GP first thing in the morning.

was your bleeding bright red tam?

Babe, I looked like I had been cut open, it was so fresh, and the clots were HUGE.....everyone was so sceptical at the hospital, but they also kept telling me it is common to have bleeds which have no negative outcome!

Really try to take it easy babe, I know it is scary and you are worrying like mad, but try to rest and if in doubt get to your GP hun!

My thoughts are with you babe! x

I had the exact same as Tam at exactly 13 weeks. ring the hospital and ask their advice. I went to a and e and they were shocking! Left me two days without a can thjinking I had lost the baby and sent no info to the sonographer and we had to explain what had happened ourselves but Frankie is here despite all this.

My bleed continued fairly heavy for 4 weeks so don't make assumptions yet.

Vic can you not go to your early pregnancy unit? They might not scan u but they can do an internal to see what's happening. xx:hugs:

If you are in ANY pain please go to your local A&E ... Don't leave it to late, if your worried about the beeding or anyhting else don't leave it go get checked. ...
Love Imi
xxx

thanks everyone, your replies do mean alot :(

I've decided to call the GP in the morning because I had too many trips to hospital with Eva and they always made me feel like I was paranoid and wasting their time. The blood is only there when I wipe but is still bright red and I'm not in pain just a bit uncomfortable. I will keep you posted though.

xx

I hope your ok Vic ...

If you need anything or a chat about this then MSN me ... i know you must be feeling so wretched right now but try and stay positive .... nothing is deffinate hun.

xxx :hugs:

Aww fingers crossed for you Vic .. sure every thing will be fine .. let us know how you get on :D:hugs:

Vic have only just seen this. Massive hugs hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"