lost for words..rusks @ 9 WEEKS

I don't think it's an age thing at all and think her age, whether 17 or 70, is irrelevant. Stupid people remain stupid however old they are.

The OP didn't say anything about her friend's age? :shrug:

I don't really understand it either, I think maybe some people just go by whatever their friends/family have done without really looking into current research etc. Seems pretty crazy to me but it happens a lot.

Yeah she did, not directly but the statement about her knowing what it was like to be a young mum etc implied that she believed this could be explained away by her age.

sorry but man im so bored of these threds! who honestly cares! you dont know the full story behind it so you cant critasise (sp? lol) it jus really annoys me how people have to hav a rant about what other mothers are doing with THEIR OWN babies. their the mum yes 9wks isnt best but they could simply be doing there best! thy may not know! your best isnt nessecerily what some1 else thinks is best. its like these threds are created to make the OP feel better about themselves because their doing " better " then someone else. its not a competition its life! things happn, unless it affects you or you think the baby is in real distress then id personaly just keep my nose out.
not my intention to offend just think it needs to stop! no 1 is the same and you have to learn by your own mistakes were only human after all! xx

I was talking to my mam the other day about general baby things and she came out with "she gave all 4 of us a spoonful of babyrice at 5 weeks and we slept all night" i was then abit shocked as i thought you wern't suppost to give babys anything apart from milk until 4-6 months, but i know i won't be giving my daughter any food until she's 6 months, but i guess ALOT of things have changed since we we're babys.

my sister keeps telling me that her friends all gave their babies baby rice in their bottles from a few weeks old, because 'it helped them sleep through the night' I know this to be rubbish, but I don't say anything because 1. it's none of my business, 2. it's not my baby. I just concentrate on doing what's best for MY daughter and let everyone else get on with what they're doing.

i'm fed up reading threads like this. their baby, their choice. why judge?! :shrug:

:coffee:

People need to stop being concerned about what everyone else is doing with their children imo

Just leave them to it.

I know its annoying, but what can ya do?

V xxx

it's a difficult one. Yes it's not our business because they're not our babies (i don't think anyone has said it's a competition though, and i certainly don't think that the op posted to make herself feel better than everyone else - harsh), but also how would you feel if you knew the baby was potentially at risk (baby rice in bottle/potential choking hazard), you didn't say anything and something bad happened? It's a toughie, and having not been put in that position i don't know what i'd do so i'm not going to sit here and judge or rant about what other people decide to do (as in tell the person about their concerns or keep quiet). This is an open forum and the op was raising a concern. Well within her rights to do so. It's one of the things the site is for. :shrug:

i hate all of this "it's not your baby so you shouldn't care" attitude. thank god there are people who are concerned for other people's children.

there is no reason to ever feed a rusk to a baby at 9 weeks. god forbid if the baby were to choke and die would people just say "oh well, it was her choice to feed the baby a rusk"? the woman is clearly uneducated in infant nutrition and could do with a push in the right direction. can't see anyone making an INFORMED decision to feed their baby something like that at 9 weeks, and putting it in a bottle... pfft.

i hate all of this "it's not your baby so you shouldn't care" attitude. thank god there are people who are concerned for other people's children.

there is no reason to ever feed a rusk to a baby at 9 weeks. god forbid if the baby were to choke and die would people just say "oh well, it was her choice to feed the baby a rusk"? the woman is clearly uneducated in infant nutrition and could do with a push in the right direction. can't see anyone making an INFORMED decision to feed their baby something like that at 9 weeks, and putting it in a bottle... pfft.

Totally agree!

If the OP was concerned then she would have said something to the mother of the baby in a friendly way. Instead she has come on a forum to get a response and what seems to be ridicule another mother, not only about feeding her LO rusks but also about taking them for immunisations whilst she has a cold. Now if she actually cared in a nice manner she would try and help the mother in another way than posting about it on a public forum. My opinion.

I really don't understand why people say 'it's not your baby, she can do what she wants to hers'.. some people do things that can be damaging to their babies tiny tummies, is that okay because it's their baby?
They're our children, individual people. Not toys that we can treat how we want.

There is no reason to give a rusk at 9 weeks. Even if the baby had slow weight gain, reflux, was extremely hungry or whatever, no healthcare professional would suggest giving a 9 week old a rusk.

People are allowed to come on here for a moan about things that annoy them. They don't need to be jumped on.

I really don't understand why people say 'it's not your baby, she can do what she wants to hers'.. some people do things that can be damaging to their babies tiny tummies, is that okay because it's their baby?
They're our children, individual people. Not toys that we can treat how we want.

There is no reason to give a rusk at 9 weeks. Even if the baby had slow weight gain, reflux, was extremely hungry or whatever, no healthcare professional would suggest giving a 9 week old a rusk.

People are allowed to come on here for a moan about things that annoy them. They don't need to be jumped on.

I think the 'its not MY baby so I don't care' attitude is actually quite disgusting.

so right your saying everyone is intitiled to raise concerns etc yeah and that i would soon be regretting that i had said if " touch wood " something should of happned to the baby?

See now i am all for raising concerns, but to me this isnt?....i dont see how by starting this thred has made the mother of that baby aware of her actions infact im willing to bet she probably even knows nothing about this thred. raising concerns would be telling the mother right out the risks and the fact that its wrong. or even her health visitor.

This thred being started will have no impact nor will it have affected the outcome of that baby eating a rusk. That baby could still choke. so unless the op actually raises REAL concern to someone abit more appropriate then a baby forum that baby could still choke. So im sorry but i wont be regretting what i have said. coming on here and starting a thred to rant about what another mother has done is not raising concerns for the child as she had done nothing to actually stop the mother feeding the rusk to her baby so it can still happen again!

The op has moaned to US not the mother. and i know if i was her id be regretting this thred more then others replys. As she knows whats going on with whom and has chosen NOT to raise concerns with any1 else other then us so in my eyes thats just as good as staying silent and saying nothing to no1.

Also just to add about the jabbs the nurse giving the jab should have picked up on the cold.
My little boy who had a cold on the day of hes jabs went into clinic to which i even asked the nurse is it wise given he has a cold. which she replied with that unless he is on antibiotics then there is no real problem as the jab wont make them feel any worse. So again who actually even knows her niurse didnt say the same?
TBH the whole thred just seemed abit of a digg to this mum! xx

I dont think its that people "dont care" in the literal sense, its that they dont care for berating other peoples parenting choices when there is nothing they can do about it. :shrug:

You can rant, moan and whine about it all you want, but its not going to change anything, she still gave her kid rusks at 9 weeks, blowing out all of this hot air isnt going to change anything, and IMO this thread isnt about education because its already been,done and gone, its happened. If someone came on here and posed the question as they were unsure then yes, it then becomes about education and we can guide people into the right direction to making an informed choice, that is when people "care"

Thats my interpretation of the whole "their baby, none of my business" statement anyway :lol:

If the OP was concerned then she would have said something to the mother of the baby in a friendly way. Instead she has come on a forum to get a response and what seems to be ridicule another mother, not only about feeding her LO rusks but also about taking them for immunisations whilst she has a cold. Now if she actually cared in a nice manner she would try and help the mother in another way than posting about it on a public forum. My opinion.

there are certainly things that the OP can say to the mother, i agree. but i don't think her intention was to "ridicule" the anonymous mother, more just to express her concern that she is making the wrong choices with her child and to receive opinions on whether people agree. having a rant is often the first port of call, you rant, you get other people's opinions and then if they agree with you and cannot offer an alternative explanation for why something has been done then you conclude that it must have been a mistake and you can therefore talk to her about it. it's much better in my opinion to do it that way than to go straight to someone and say "you shouldn't be doing this". it's not like OP has discussed this with people that the mother knows, the woman remains anonymous to us all, so she isn't embarrassing her in any way.

and for the record i haven't seen anyone give any reasonable explanations for why the mother might be doing this for the best. all i've seen is people saying "no she shouldn't be doing it, but it's none of your business" which to me isn't good at all.

i don't know why people think it's best to turn a blind eye to a child's welfare.

where does that end? at what point should you intervene?

I don't think people who say that it's "not their baby, not their problem" are disgusting. I say that and I don't just think, yeah, whatever, feed your kids burgers everyday, leave them alone in the house while you go out drinking, give them a slap if you want. I don't care, it's not my child. I sometimes see things parents do to their kids and I am genuinely horrified. The ways some mums talk to their kids in the street is appalling. But I take it in, tut in my head and move on. Learn from others what not to do. I don't feel the need to sit and think about the things other people do with their children and analyse it. But at the same time, it's not because I couldn't give a toss

there are certainly things that the OP can say to the mother, i agree. but i don't think her intention was to "ridicule" the anonymous mother, more just to express her concern that she is making the wrong choices with her child and to receive opinions on whether people agree. having a rant is often the first port of call, you rant, you get other people's opinions and then if they agree with you and cannot offer an alternative explanation for why something has been done then you conclude that it must have been a mistake and you can therefore talk to her about it. it's much better in my opinion to do it that way than to go straight to someone and say "you shouldn't be doing this". it's not like OP has discussed this with people that the mother knows, the woman remains anonymous to us all, so she isn't embarrassing her in any way.

and for the record i haven't seen anyone give any reasonable explanations for why the mother might be doing this for the best. all i've seen is people saying "no she shouldn't be doing it, but it's none of your business" which to me isn't good at all.

i don't know why people think it's best to turn a blind eye to a child's welfare.

but thats just it, it may aswell b turning a blind eye as nothing has nor is being done about it other then ranting about her to us. Actions speak louder then words!

just because i say its not your baby so why should you care doesnt mean i dont give a toss about the baby of corse i do. its more the fact that sitting here and moaning about it isnt going to make thing better! so if the op isnt going to actually do something about it then why moan and go on about it. moaning to us changes nothing!

but thats just it, it may aswell b turning a blind eye as nothing has nor is being done about it other then ranting about her to us. Actions speak louder then words!

just because i say its not your baby so why should you care doesnt mean i dont give a toss about the baby of corse i do. its more the fact that sitting here and moaning about it isnt going to make thing better! so if the op isnt going to actually do something about it then why moan and go on about it. moaning to us changes nothing!

well if that's the case and you do care then why didn't you reply asking the OP what she intended to do about it, rather than taking the "it's not my baby so not my business" attitude? the OP could have spoken to her by now for all we know.

Well let's hope she has as she is the only one who can do something constructive about it, not us! But as you think she came on to ask out opinon about the whole thing I would have thought if she was going to say anything to the mother she would have asked our opinion about that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->