lost for words..rusks @ 9 WEEKS

I dont think its that people "dont care" in the literal sense, its that they dont care for berating other peoples parenting choices when there is nothing they can do about it. :shrug:

You can rant, moan and whine about it all you want, but its not going to change anything, she still gave her kid rusks at 9 weeks, blowing out all of this hot air isnt going to change anything, and IMO this thread isnt about education because its already been,done and gone, its happened. If someone came on here and posed the question as they were unsure then yes, it then becomes about education and we can guide people into the right direction to making an informed choice, that is when people "care"

Thats my interpretation of the whole "their baby, none of my business" statement anyway :lol:

:thumbup:

I would be a really crappy mother if i didn't 'care' about people/babies etc. Of course i care, however, when people have made up their minds, already done it, or you have already advised them and they have done it anyway ......... what more can you do :roll:

I don't think it's that big a deal - like some people have said unless you know rationale for it you certainly can't judge.

My mum (who's incidentally a nurse) started giving me a small amount of rusks every couple of days when I was six weeks old, I think to help with colic and apparently it made such a difference. I was quite shocked when I heard that but obviously it was right for me at the time and hasn't done any damage.

It's hard to trust the recommendations fully when they keep changing as well....

im not sure wether "clueless" is the right word as such. Sometimes I think it is down to what people around them do, and the influences around them. I went to all the sure start courses, antenatal, postnatal and weaning, teeth and you are told soooo much I came away very clear on the guidelines and what I will do with my baby. If the person doesn't read any books, papers, or go on these type of courses and listen to people around them who are the same then maybe they may be misguided. (not saying that everyone is like this)

I have a friend who makes me cringe, cot bumpers, no monitors, props up bottle with blankets for baby to feed herself, baby juice from a bottle... my list could go on but at the end of the day its their choice

Ok, not been on today as we have been moving the living room around and haven't the patience with a blackberry.
My friend is 3 years older than me, so 31.
And she is a good friend so yes when I see her next I will be saying something to her tactfully as other ladies have quite rightly pointed out a rusk has no nutritional value whatsoever so it wouldn't be recomended for early weaning regardless.
I looked into early weaning myself at 17wks because LO's HV and GP wanted me to start feeding her to see if it would help her reflux. I refused as she couldn't even sit up so how could she swallow properly and held off until 21 or 22 weeks and then I started with rice.
The baby has no health issues, no reflux, gaining weight well and sleeps like a dream even at such a young age - day and night so the rusk isn't even a desperation thing to get LO to sleep (which I could just about grasp if you had a really, really bad sleeper).
Everyone tells her how lucky she is to have such a solid sleeping breastfed baby.
I just find it bizzare that she would continue feeding - you get enough material to read from the HV about weaning / development and what about reading the packaging? I read everything including nutritional values if I buy little finger food things like rice cakes etc and compare every brand on offer.
I too was a first time mum at the age of 22yrs and prior to that had never even held a baby before so yes - it was a mahoosive learning curve (even my OH had more experience with kids) but that is what learning is about, reading up on things, asking - getting the correct information if you are unsure...
I would let it go if LO was say 4mths, maybe even 3mths but 9 weeks?
And as for the jab thing - yes, the nurse should check but again, if your baby is unwell why would you drag them out anyway if you really didn't have to let alone to have first set of injections which they could have a reaction to as well??
My LO is 7mths and not had her 3rd set yet, we were already weeks and weeks behind as the hospital lost her notes and GP didn't register until almost 12 weeks but after having swine flu over xmas I am holding off until the cough has completly gone.
I didn't come on here to take the piss as some of you have suggested but to vent - as it says. Men don't get things like this so OH isn't much use.
She is a great mum but I will be having a polite word when I see her next week and if she insists on still feeding LO I will point her in the direction of rice instead or at least low sugar farleys.

Ok, not been on today as we have been moving the living room around and haven't the patience with a blackberry.
My friend is 3 years older than me, so 31.
And she is a good friend so yes when I see her next I will be saying something to her tactfully as other ladies have quite rightly pointed out a rusk has no nutritional value whatsoever so it wouldn't be recomended for early weaning regardless.
I looked into early weaning myself at 17wks because LO's HV and GP wanted me to start feeding her to see if it would help her reflux. I refused as she couldn't even sit up so how could she swallow properly and held off until 21 or 22 weeks and then I started with rice.
The baby has no health issues, no reflux, gaining weight well and sleeps like a dream even at such a young age - day and night so the rusk isn't even a desperation thing to get LO to sleep (which I could just about grasp if you had a really, really bad sleeper).
Everyone tells her how lucky she is to have such a solid sleeping breastfed baby.
I just find it bizzare that she would continue feeding - you get enough material to read from the HV about weaning / development and what about reading the packaging? I read everything including nutritional values if I buy little finger food things like rice cakes etc and compare every brand on offer.
I too was a first time mum at the age of 22yrs and prior to that had never even held a baby before so yes - it was a mahoosive learning curve (even my OH had more experience with kids) but that is what learning is about, reading up on things, asking - getting the correct information if you are unsure...
I would let it go if LO was say 4mths, maybe even 3mths but 9 weeks?
And as for the jab thing - yes, the nurse should check but again, if your baby is unwell why would you drag them out anyway if you really didn't have to let alone to have first set of injections which they could have a reaction to as well??
My LO is 7mths and not had her 3rd set yet, we were already weeks and weeks behind as the hospital lost her notes and GP didn't register until almost 12 weeks but after having swine flu over xmas I am holding off until the cough has completly gone.
I didn't come on here to take the piss as some of you have suggested but to vent - as it says. Men don't get things like this so OH isn't much use.
She is a great mum but I will be having a polite word when I see her next week and if she insists on still feeding LO I will point her in the direction of rice instead or at least low sugar farleys.
Very well put :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->