Lost in Translation

Khatija

Reaction score
So I am working on Baby # 3 and seem confused.

Background: I have a 4 year old that was a clomid baby and a 1 year old that was a clomid baby.

Now with this time around I started clomid 3 months ago and all 3 times my day 21 progesterone came back decent but still to low. Now I am taking clomid for 10 days? has anyone else ever done this

Cycle 1 50mg clomid and progesterone was 10.9ml
Cycle 2 100mg clomid and progesterone was 10.7ml
Cycle 3 100mg clomid and progesterone was 10.8ml

This round I am supposed to take 150mg for 10 Days starting with Day one of my period.

What day is your ovulation? is it on day 14? my doc did a day 21 test the first cycle I was on femara (no ovulation), the second cycle they did it again on day 21 even though I had the temp shift that showed O on Day 17. My number was only 12.1. Third cycle, even though I told them I ovulate on day 17 but they insisted on day 21. I said screw that and went 7dpo (which is what it is supposed to be). My number was 69.3.

by your number you are technically ovulating but the progesterone is low, but it could mean you are not testing for the right day.

I agree that you probably did not ovulate on day 14 so the day 21 test needs to be done on another day. When I did clomid I O'd on day 18 or 19 so the test was done at 7dpo (cd 25). Do you temp? It is very useful for knowing exactly when you have ovulated.

Taking clomid for 10 days in a row does not seem right either. I have never heard of anyone doing that.

I would also question taking it for 10 days. Clomid is known for thinning the uterine lining as it stays in the system for so long. Taking it for 10 days doesn't seem to be the answer.

Maybe try one more cycle taking it days 3-7 (or 5-9) whichever one your doc uses. Talk to them and question it. If you don't O on day 14 let them know. insist. It's your body. I would even talk to them about Femara (Letrozole). It has less side effects, doesn't stay in the body very long, doesn't thin your lining.

I have no experience of clomid only what ive happened across on these forums. but i do have low progesterone and get 21 day bloods (or 7dpo really) done and my progesterone is the same as yours-in in ireland where its measured in nmol (1ml=3 nmol). last cycle i was 31 nmol so just over 10 ml. They confirmed ovulation which i knew myself but doctor told me anything under 40(13.3 US) was unlikely to sustain a pregnancy and that 60-90 was the optimal level (20-30 US)....ive been put on progesterone suppositories to help with this.....when researching these, i keep seeing people on clomid and then following up with these after O-might be worth checking into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->