lost my baby at one week old can anyone help?

laurahollands

Reaction score
Hi my beautiful daughter was born at 27 weeks but died a week later due to infection. She was born 21 days ago and the first two weeks I had the usual bleeding then it stopped but now I have mild period pains and a bit of spotting with a sort of mucus. Does any one know if the first period is normally light or is it something else. Just want to know as eventually we want to have another baby although I would give any thing just to have her back. Thanks if anyone can help.

hi i am so sorry to hear of your loss from your daughter.
The ladies in the stillbirth and neonatal loss section will be of great support for you.

:hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you mean the first period after a loss? Or after birth in general? Sorry not sure which yuo meant.xxx

I'm so sorry you lost your little one :hugs:

I lost my last baby at 14 wks, but i don't have any experience of a birth like you have.

So, I'm afraid i can't be of much help. :shrug:
But, a friend of mine who gave birth recently went to have a check up after
3 wks ....still bleeding and with the mucus you described, .....and her ObGyn told her she was ovulating!!! She was surprised because she was still bleeding and had been attempting breast feeding a few weeks before.

I hope you have enough support to help get you through this and grieve your loss- it must have been a terrible shock...

Hugs :hugs: xxxxx

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. It sounds to me like you might be ovulating and since its so close to your birth that might by why your having some bleeding but I am not sure.

I had this on cycle day 6 after my loss. I thought I was ovulating, but thought I might be crazy, however its possible. My cycle was light as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->