Lost my first pregnancy

Yellowmoon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I've never posted in a forum like this- I feel very alone right now, but I have been comforted by reading other posts.

I was about to turn 10 weeks pregnant and I started spotting brown the day of my wedding reception (27/10). I tried to enjoy the night and kept reading online that brown is not a bad thing.

The spotting continued the next day, it wasn't a lot but I was worried, I knew that miscarriage is common and I had been pretty nervous about it the whole pregnancy. On the Monday I was booked in for a scan by the EPU. I had to wait for my scan with loads of happily pregnant ladies rubbing their lovely bumps, I still had hope. I went in and had a trainee sonogropher. She was lovely but her colleague who was training her was pretty meh. Didn't say hello to me or anything. She couldn't really find anything when she scanned my belly, but it was hard to tell if she was struggling to use the machine. She asked her colleague to help her who just said 'it's pretty clear, it's just too small, I need to do an internal scan" she said this to her colleague, not me.

She put the probe in me and said it's measuring at 5mm and that's too small for us to measure the heartbeat so I have to have another scan in a week.

Then they did the whole "are you sure about your dates blah blah blah"

They didn't even tell me the baby was gone, because that's 'not their protocol'. I was sent home and told to come back in a week.

I started bleeding more that night and I think everything is passing naturally now. I'm still bleeding and cramping, I just hope this is over by the time I have the next scan. I'm really upset that they couldn't be straight forward with me, it seems really harsh. I asked them if the baby was dead and they wouldn't tell me because it was my first scan. If we had more support from our doctors at the beginning and they confirmed everything instead of relying on us to do home tests then they would have solid evidence of dates and things, but they resort to saying we might be wrong about our dates.

My husband is being very nice and my family, but they keep saying at least I know I can get pregnant and that it was for the best and all these things, but I just want to be allowed to be upset. I thought I was having a baby, I was going to have my 12 week scan really soon, I had all the pregnancy symptoms but now it's gone. Not sure how I feel about trying again now. It's all very traumatic.

Did anyone here lose their first baby and then go on to have a rainbow baby?

Sorry for the long rambly post, I'm probably in the angry stage of mourning or something. Plus I'm still in pain :(

I am so very sorry for your loss :hugs:

We lost our 1st pregnancy granted it was only 5 weeks and not as far along as you but it still hurt but I now have my two beautiful rainbow's who are my whole world

Do not let anyone belittle your loss and grieve all you need too :hugs: I hope the physical pain eases soon for you :hugs:

Sorry about the sonographers I do wish we also had HCG testing over here it would make it all a lot easier

We lost our 1st pregnancy granted it was only 5 weeks and not as far along as you but it still hurt but I now have my two beautiful rainbow's who are my whole world

Do not let anyone belittle your loss and grieve all you need too :hugs: I hope the physical pain eases soon for you :hugs:

Sorry about the sonographers I do wish we also had HCG testing over here it would make it all a lot easier

Thank you, I'm glad you got your rainbow babies :). I am feeling less pain now and starting to feel better in myself. I think we will try again in the new year.

I'm so sorry. I just lost my first pregnancy as well.

I'm so sorry. I just lost my first pregnancy as well.

Hi Lesmis- I am very sorry to hear that. It's awful isn't it. I am here to chat if you need to.

I am starting to feel a bit better about the situation now. I've had over a week to let the news sink in. Its still quite fresh but I am starting to think more positively about the future already. Hopefully I can try again in the new year.

Hope you start to feel the same way soon. Thinking of you. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->