Lost plug...how long now???

origin

Reaction score
I lost my plug today 37+6. I really don't want to go into labour yet as I have a c-section booked for Tuesday and would have to have mergency section if happened before. I really want to hold out til then. It was a lot of plug - baout a tablespoon in one big clump (TMI - sorry) and was cleary/yellow no blood. Do you think baby will hang on until tuesday morning. I know it can still be days after plug lost but just got the niggling feeling. xxxxx

I started with Charlie at the night after losing my plug in the morning but the midwife told me it can take up to two weeks for labour to start x

I lost the plug at 36 weeks and did not go into labour until 39 weeks

With 2 of mine I lost my plug and within 24hrs they were born, but saying that with my last it was a week between loosing my plug and having baby. Hope LO hangs on in there til tuesday for you.

I lost mine at 36 weeks I am 38 1/2 now and still here... lol

The plug can rebuild itself so losing it once isn't a sign that your labour is imminent - all the best with the c-section!

It could be ages yet. If you start feeling niggly, then I'd call your midwife to advise.

I've been losing my plug for a few weeks and nothing has happened yet.

I'm due tomorrow and still haven't lost it. I'm hoping that it will mean 24hrs till labour when I do!

is this yr first?
With my first I lost my plug and had her nearly 2 weeks later, she was maybe stubborn, due to pre emclampsia I was enduced everyday for ten days before she started to come,
with my second i lost the plug the night before and went into labout the following afternoon with my son i dont remember losing the plug but he was 5 weeks early xx

I didnt notice losing mine with first. With second I lost it with the first couple of contractions when labour started but it was quite bloody so i knew something was happening.

I wouldnt worry, call the MW if you feel anything starting but it can be weeks before anything happens after losing your plug.

Good luck with the section on Tue xx

I lost my plug 8 days ago, it had no blood in it. Nothing came of it. I now tonight have started to get small bits of blood in my discharge, I'm hoping its from my plug. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->