Lost weight and got pregnant?

Glowbug

Reaction score
We have been trying for over two years and I've lost weight the past few months! 25 lbs lost now and am looking for some encouragement that this might level out my hormones and help me conceive!
Any stories of bfps after weight loss?
And how much weight loss?

Would so love some hope 

I don't have any personal stories to share, but everything I've ever read says that BMI certainly does affect fertility, so very smart move on your part!
Plus, a healthier BMI means way less risk in pregnancy and afterwards - keeping you and baby healthier.
There is no way it hurt your chances, that's for sure! :thumbup:
Well done!
Wishing you lots of luck and :baby: :dust:
:hugs:

Thanks so much for the support Sarah!!! 
I appreciate you! Here's to hope! 

I was doing fertility treatments because I have PCOS, and even those were a bust... But once I lost about 70lbs Me and my husband were able to conceive within 2 months of trying.... (i guess the amount depends on how much you have to lose)

Wow babywishes!!!! Thank you and a big congrats! Do you mind me asking how much you weighed before and after the weight loss?? 

I know all bodies are different but it would be nice to have a reference point. I am plus sized.

Practicing yoga regularly can control your overall weight and also have positive consequences on your health :)

I've never done yoga! Great suggestion. Thanks!

I'm hoping it helps with me. I was about 270 lbs before. Today I weighed in at 200! :D Technically I gained 10 again, and had to lose it again, so I've overall lost like 80 lbs :)

So here's hoping that we both get a BFP soon!!

Oh, also, I've heard of a few people who lost weight and then FINALLY got preggers!! :D

Yowza!!!!! 8o lbs that's amazing!!!!!!
How did you do it?
Congrats!
Are you a mom and TTC?
Were u overweight when you got preg?
Thanks for the encouragment!

Hey, Lost 5 stone and got preg 2 weeks after DH got home from Afghan! Now trying to lose the baby weight. Good luck xx

Wow. That's about 70lbs???
ThatS amazing and congrats on your baby! Thank you!

Yowza!!!!! 8o lbs that's amazing!!!!!!
How did you do it?
Congrats!
Are you a mom and TTC?
Were u overweight when you got preg?
Thanks for the encouragment!

Yeah, I've always been a bit chubby, but I don't know how much I weighed when I got pregnant. I know that after I had my son, and after breast feeding I was like 270 lbs when I wanted to lose weight.

Honestly, I don't know how I lost the first bit. I think when I moved to a new city, I just started walking every where cause I wanted to sight see, then I noticed I was like 30 pounds lighter. Then when I realized that, I just picked it up and kept going.

Now I'm SUPER active! And I really think about what I eat. I still have a ways to go before I'm at my ideal weight though. But as of now, I bike a about 16 km a day and swim just over half a km too. I drink a lot of smoothies, and all I put in them is frozen fruit and water.

But yeah, its all about finding your own workout and eating routine thats good for your body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->