Lots of confusion.. but hope over here...

afrye91

Reaction score
This is my first time posting here and I was just hoping for some input maybe :wacko:

We went for our first u/s thinking I was 6-8 weeks (lack of af tracking on my part) hoping to hear a hb and see... ANYTHING.

Come to find out I have a retroverted uterus :)dohh:) and only a little blip to be seen on screen. She was unsure what exactly it was so she measured it which came to 5 weeks +6 (insert major confusion here) and a "possible" soft beat. Doc says she's unsure whats going on so she sent me to get hcg tested again (came back at 35,000).

When levels came back I was sent to radiology the next day to get scanned again. He said the gestational sac was 17mm and he "didn't see much but it could be too early" and wouldn't discuss much wanted me to talk to my doctor. I showed him the pic I snagged of the "blip" that my doc saw and he said he saw it as well but wasn't sure and didn't measure it (thanks a bunch).

So after a few hours I get a phone call and my doc is on the fence thinking it may be a blighted ovum :cry: or maybe its just too early. So we are going to scan again the 21st (if I don't die of stress before the wait is up).

Im hoping the retroverted uterus and maybe just to early is whats throwing everything off.
Anyone have any thoughts here on what could be going on??!?

((sorry for the long post))

Attachments

• IMG_5735_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_5735_edited-1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 15
Ah how confusing for you. I'm no expert but just wanted to send best wishes and hopefully you're just earlier on and next scan shows your healthy little bean xx

The fact that they found a faint hb is really good. You could have ovulated late or been off a bit on your dates. When I was 5 weeks with this baby they could not find a hb, I went in at 8wks and it had a nice healthy hb of 153!

Is retroverted another name for a tilted uterus?

I don't have a tilted uterus, but I hear about 70% of women do have one.

As far as I've googled (lol) it's the same thing. But it helps that I've read that women with it haven't seen heartbeats at 5-6 weeks. And a couple even farther than that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->