Lovely Ladies TTC

AngelNoelle

Reaction score
This is a group for the "Anyone Testing On Or Around October 15th?" gals from the tww forum. Those of us interested are moving here to form our own group, and to keep within the rules of the site! I'm looking forward to seeing all of my lovely ladies here!! :hugs: and :dust:

What should I do to increase my chances next month if my AF does come? Would appreciate it as I am a novice at this. Thanks for the heads up about the new forum :)

What should I do to increase my chances next month if my AF does come? Would appreciate it as I am a novice at this. Thanks for the heads up about the new forum :)

I'm not really an expert like some of the other ladies on here, but I think that the first step is to try and pinpoint when you O. You can find a lot of ovulation calculators online, type in your info and they can give you a ballpark of a few days when O'ing is likely. You will want to BD a few days before then on the likely days and maybe even a couple days afterwards just to be safe :winkwink:

You can also check your CM. When you O, it will be thin and stretchy like egg white, that is called fertile cervical mucous. If you're getting that, then it's time to BD!!

You can start to temp to pinpoint O'ing, or use OPK's which are like a hpt that checks for hormones that show O is coming.

Make sure you're using a sperm friendly lube, as many of them, including saliva will kill sperm. There is one called Preseed that many women swear by, you can find it online or at a drugstore.

After you BD stay lying down for 15 to 30 minutes to give the swimmers a chance to reach for the egg.

Make sure you're taking some kind of prenatal or fertility vitamin, and your OH can take a men's version. There are also a number of supplements you can take to help with CM, egg health, O'ing, etc. You can do an internet search for those, I haven't taken any myself yet, but I'm researching.

Make sure OH isn't taking hot baths, or hot tubbing, the increased temp can damage his sperm.

Of course abstain from drinking alcohol, any type of drugs (duh) unless your doc tells you it's ok for conception and pg. Limit your caffiene to 1-2 cups of coffee or sodas a day, or stop caffiene altogether.

There's sooo much info out there, I would suggest to do a google search and find a reliable site, like a .org or something. I hope this gets you started though, and happy BD'ing!!! :winkwink:

Thanks a lot wait till my man gets home and I tell him my plans lol get everything set into motion. Is it ok to take folic acid when trying to conceive or just after you've conceived?

Yay, so excited about the new group, thanks AngelNoelle! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

And lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust: to everybody!

Hello, may I join in over here, this is a good idea AngelNoelle :)

Babymumma it is fine to take folic acid now, in fact it's preferable to waiting til you're actually pregnant x

Thanks a lot wait till my man gets home and I tell him my plans lol get everything set into motion. Is it ok to take folic acid when trying to conceive or just after you've conceived?

Yes, you can take folic acid (or maybe better a mix of prenatal vitamins) even before you conceive. It is actually recommended that you do as soon as you are TTC :thumbup:

i would use ovulation sticks and temping method and checking cm its worked for me

Hello, may I join in over here, this is a good idea AngelNoelle :)

Babymumma it is fine to take folic acid now, in fact it's preferable to waiting til you're actually pregnant x

We wouldn't have it without you!! :flower:

This is a great idea :) now we don't have to keep moving from forum to forum after each AF or BFP ..

Actually I have done a lot of reading on preconception care for my studies .. I am a registered nurse midwife .. And number one on the list is to take folic acid from atleast one month before TTC .. It will prevent a lot of neural tube defects in the baby ..

Hope we all get our BFPs soon

I'm trying to keep up with "friending" everyone from our first thread and now our group. If you havent received a friend request from me, it's just an oversight :blush: and please send me one. I think it would be great if we all were able to friend each other so we can stay connected as a strong support network.

This is completely optional of course, it's just for those of us that want to :D

And... the ladies that like to "stalk" us :winkwink: please continue to follow our stories with as much involvement as you are comfortable with, we're here if and when you need us :hugs:

P.S. I may repost this every so often so any new "Lovely Ladies" feel welcome, I apologize in advance for being repetitive :haha:

I'm trying to keep up with "friending" everyone from our first thread and now our group. If you havent received a friend request from me, it's just an oversight :blush: and please send me one. I think it would be great if we all were able to friend each other so we can stay connected as a strong support network.

That's a great idea!

What do you ladies suggest for lower back pain feels like I'm pulling and stretching in every direction and it's running
Down into my thighs :( xx

This is a great idea :) now we don't have to keep moving from forum to forum after each AF or BFP ..

Actually I have done a lot of reading on preconception care for my studies .. I am a registered nurse midwife .. And number one on the list is to take folic acid from atleast one month before TTC .. It will prevent a lot of neural tube defects in the baby ..

Hope we all get our BFPs soon

I could not be more thrilled than to have you continuing to grace our group with your presence and knowledge!! We're lucky to have you :happydance:

What do you ladies suggest for lower back pain feels like I'm pulling and stretching in every direction and it's running
Down into my thighs :( xx

That is the worst isn't it? Sorry you're not feeling well hun. I would maybe take 2 tylenol (conception and pg safe) and use a heating pad. Oh and get your OH to give you a back rub!! Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Here you all are!!!! :D

Thanks for the invite, unfortunatly my AF has come and gone, starting again now, first time using ovulation sticks, any tips on when the best time of day to test?

xxxx

:growlmad:

I may be out this month. I've been having little crampies late morning/ early afternoon, horrible grouchies, and now spotting.

With my last pg I had implantation bleeding, but the first day or 2 of AF I also get spotting. Just going with my gut feeling so I think AF is approaching my front door.

Instead of :cry: about it (which I may still do) I'm going to plan for the next cycle. I'm going to get on FF to start charting, buy a BT, some OPK strips and Preseed. I will also have DH start taking vitamins.

Any suggestions ladies? Any suppliments I should be looking at getting?

Sorry to hear that AngelNoelle :hugs: Hopefully AF will stay away, but it she doesn't - :dust: :dust: :dust: for your next cycle!

My preseed arrived today :happydance: If I ever get to have another cycle :)growlmad:), I am ready to also start temping again and trying preseed. I don't really have any other suggestions unfortunately....

Sorry for you too Kittykat! :hugs:
I'm not sure but have read that most women test in the afternoon, or even twice/day - once am and once pm, so they won't miss the surge. I only used one OPK in this cycle, tested in the afternoon and got a clear positive (and then tested again a few days later just to see how a negative one would look like, lol)

Despite the negative blood test and bfn hpts I took few days back, I have a gut feeling that I am pregnant .. Trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground in case AF gets me .. I usually don't have any PMS . Last time I was preg I tested just to make sure whether I should renew my gym subscription cos I was TTC then .. It was my 2nd month TTC .. This time this is my 12th month TTC .. I was scanning to confirm the follicle size and ovulation and was covering my fertile days .. After repeated BFNs I requested my Obs for a HSG this cycle .. My tubes appeared clear .. 14DPO today .. Will wait 2 more days to see whether AF wud arrive and test .. I have run out of tests .. Hehe

Despite the negative blood test and bfn hpts I took few days back, I have a gut feeling that I am pregnant .. Trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground in case AF gets me .. I usually don't have any PMS . Last time I was preg I tested just to make sure whether I should renew my gym subscription cos I was TTC then .. It was my 2nd month TTC .. This time this is my 12th month TTC .. I was scanning to confirm the follicle size and ovulation and was covering my fertile days .. After repeated BFNs I requested my Obs for a HSG this cycle .. My tubes appeared clear .. 14DPO today .. Will wait 2 more days to see whether AF wud arrive and test .. I have run out of tests .. Hehe

Fingers Crossed :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"