Low amh?

jren

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

About a week ago I found out my amh is only .93. I am only 27 years old. My Fsh is normal. I have an IVF consultation January 12th and I am so nervous that the RE is going to say my only success will be with donor eggs. We are a lesbian couple and I don't feel the greatest about my child not knowing their identity and where they came from at all since we are using donor sperm. Does anyone have any experiences/success stories??

Thanks! :)

Sorry to hear your news. I have low amh. Below 4 on UK scale.

Has your partner been checked out? Can her eggs be an option?

My AMH was checked in 2013 when I was 28, and my level back then was 0.64 (I never had it checked again after that). My FSH and estradiol levels were normal. During my first round of IVF (with ICSI), I had 5 eggs retrieved, and 4 fertilized and made it to day 5. My fresh transfer of two top grade embryos didn't take, so we did another round of IVF with ICSI and did genetic testing on the fresh embryos as well as the 2 remaining frozen ones. That second IVF cycle yielded 6 eggs. All 6 eggs fertilized, and 4 of them made it to day 5. My only ever BFP came from the frozen embryo transfer from that cycle (we opted against a fresh transfer the second time around).

I do have an 18 month old daughter that I'm extremely grateful for. My AMH was lower than your level, and I was able to do IVF with my own eggs. We never actually reached the point at which donor eggs were recommended to me. Don't lose hope - you've still got a chance. :hugs:

My AMH is roughly the same, and we just found out last month. We started our first round of injectables today for a prayerful IUI next week.

Best of luck!

Thanks ladies. My wife cannot use her eggs because of a condition she has. Although due to our chemical and repeated bfns, she keeps saying she should just carry even though it would not only be dangerous for her but she could pass on what she has. She has an immune deficiency and needs infusions every month. She's need more pregnant and just I can't imagine. Disneyfan your story is inspiring! I really hope the RE is willing to work with me. I just want a baby. I don't need a bunch of frozen embryos. If I get one take home baby I will be over the moon. I ovulate on my own and I have produced two follicles on the lowest dose of femara. I'm trying not to lose all hope! My consultation is next Tuesday!

I also read about mini ivf and how that is better for ladies with dor. Has anyone experienced a mini ivf?

Good luck with the iui pink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->